Page 298 of 438 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 6570
    Retired

"Twelve Angry Men" was a teleplay first (on STUDIO ONE). I could swear that's the version I saw as a kid. That's why it has that bottle episode structure, because it was written to be filmed live all in one go.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    "Twelve Angry Men" was a teleplay first (on STUDIO ONE). I could swear that's the version I saw as a kid. That's why it has that bottle episode structure, because it was written to be filmed live all in one go.
    I have only seen the Henry Fonda and Jack Lemmon versions myself (the former numerous times since the mid-Seventies). As for teleplays, I know I saw the ones for No Time for Sergeants, Marty, Requiem for a Heavyweight, and The Days of Wine and Roses before the filmed versions.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Other people are usually the cause of all of life’s problems, but only sometimes are they the solution to problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Other people are usually the cause of all of life’s problems, but only sometimes are they the solution to problems.
    But the fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars but in ourselves.

But seriously, someone who thinks all their problems are caused by other people usually never solve their problems.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have only seen the Henry Fonda and Jack Lemmon versions myself (the former numerous times since the mid-Seventies). As for teleplays, I know I saw the ones for No Time for Sergeants, Marty, Requiem for a Heavyweight, and The Days of Wine and Roses before the filmed versions.
    The Jack Lemmon version was alright. Tony Danza did a good job as the juror who just wants to get to the ball game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Jack Lemmon version was alright. Tony Danza did a good job as the juror who just wants to get to the ball game.
    I agree it was good. What I liked about it was that it was a different take instead of trying to remake what didn't need to be remade.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree it was good. What I liked about it was that it was a different take instead of trying to remake what didn't need to be remade.
    Here is something cool. An article that talks about a reboot with an all female cast. Not a real movie being made. just kicking around the idea.

https://screenrant.com/12-angry-man-...ast-wish-list/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But seriously, someone who thinks all their problems are caused by other people usually never solve their problems.
    I don't see how the two are in anyway related. You can't control other people. Even when a situation could be solved by talking it out, many times the other person could overreact and make the situation worse before it even has a chance to get better.

I don't see how the two are in anyway related. You can't control other people. Even when a situation could be solved by talking it out, many times the other person could overreact and make the situation worse before it even has a chance to get better.
    What are the life problems you are talking about that are always the fault of others?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The problem is people who spend their times blaming others for their problems most of the time play the victim and poor me card so often that they do not fix things that are wrong with themselves that can make their lives better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What are the life problems you are talking about that are always the fault of others?
    What problems are you talking about? If it's within someone's power to fix something, then that's not really a problem. It's an inconvenience at best.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The problem is people who spend their times blaming others for their problems most of the time play the victim and poor me card so often that they do not fix things that are wrong with themselves that can make their lives better.
    You're the second person to say that and I just categorically disagree with the notion. I am having trouble coming up with examples where that would be true. If there's something that you're doing that changing it would make your life better, then I don't see why you wouldn't do that. Unless what you're talking about isn't obvious, in which case it becomes a matter of opinion whether that thing is actually a defect. Moreover, the people who play the victim/poor me card are probably the exact people I'm talking about causing problems for others. I'm not talking about blaming people for some vague universe alignment thing where the metaphysical realm is conspiring against you or whatever. I'm talking about very real, tangible situations in which it's blatant that somebody else is, in fact, causing these problems.
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-23-2021 at 08:55 AM.

What problems are you talking about? If it's within someone's power to fix something, then that's not really a problem. It's an inconvenience at best.

You're the second person to say that and I just categorically disagree with the notion. I am having trouble coming up with examples where that would be true. If there's something that you're doing that changing it would make your life better, then I don't see why you wouldn't do that. Unless what you're talking about isn't obvious, in which case it becomes a matter of opinion whether that thing is actually a defect. Moreover, the people who play the victim/poor me card are probably the exact people I'm talking about causing problems for others. I'm not talking about blaming people for some vague universe alignment thing where the metaphysical realm is conspiring against you or whatever. I'm talking about very real, tangible situations in which it's blatant that somebody else is, in fact, causing these problems.
    You have an overly optimistic idea of the ease in which someone can address personal problems.
    Do you tell alcoholics to "just stop drinking", or people with depression to "just think of happier things"?

No….see once again you’re talking about something completely irrelevant. Or are you trying to tell me that alcoholics and depressed people play the victim card?

No….see once again you’re talking about something completely irrelevant. Or are you trying to tell me that alcoholics and depressed people play the victim card?
    As someone who has a mental health disorder and someone who deals with substance abuse issues. Yea they do. or at least more then I would like. hell I feel into this myself for the longest time and still do at some points.

I cant even count how many times I have sat in a recovery meeting where the victim card was played so many times it became a damn parody.

But at the end of the day unless the people you are blaming are actively preventing the said person from working on their issues then no it it no ones fault but themselves.

I have gone into my own mental health issues on here. And do you know whose fault it was that I didnt get help for so long? Mine. I went to prison. Do you know whose fault that was? Mine. I drank and used drugs whose fault was that? Mine. No one else's Im overweight and eat junk and unhealthy food. Whose fault is that? Mine.

A lot of peoples problems are there fault and no one elses yet they feel better if they blame someone else because then it is easier then saying "Man I am a mess but I refuse to do anything about it."
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2021 at 10:37 AM.

I never said anything about alcoholics and depressed people, that was someone else's example, but fine, let's discuss them. Alcoholics chose the wrong vise, but it's likely that it was the other people in their lives that drove them there. So, alcoholism is a new problem that they have, but there are underlying issues at play there.

Depressed people. Here Kirby made my argument for me, "just think happier thoughts" isn't valid, which means it's not within their power to solve this problem. They have a very strong case for being able to blame others and it being valid. There are people in their lives who are not helping them and making their lives worse through no fault of their own. They're a good example of what I am talking about here.

You say "a lot of peoples problems". Hard disagree. However, as this discussion has shown, it depends on which problems we are referring to, since most people have multiple different and complex problems.