Page 398 of 439 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6583

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The point of casting Frenchman Christopher Lambert as the Highlander was that Clancy Brown was so much bigger than him that he was the distinct underdog throughout the movie. But Cavill is a huge dude, he's not going to be the underdog to anyone less than Dwayne Johnson. And who is going to be Connery? And for me the point of EFNY was that it was a camp action movie. Making it "better" is missing the point. Just my opinion. I'd rather see original movies.
    That's if they make a direct remake and not just use the concept for a new movie. Still not an untouchable classic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

. . . And for me the point of EFNY was that it was a camp action movie. Making it "better" is missing the point. Just my opinion. I'd rather see original movies.
    Saw the original Escape from New York once (and paid $'s to see it!) and that was more than enough for me.

Muslims are not as good as we think we are but not as bad as we are made out to be. At the end of the day we are just people, just as good or bad as anyone else.

I'd be ok with a new lead for Kingdom hearts because Sora lost appeal a long time ago. He basically all the bad parts of shonen anime without the good.

The series would be ok with less FF but it wouldnt really survive the loss of Disney.

MGR was the better game/story than DmC.

The anime is the worst dmc title because its the most boring to watch.

I prefer Final Fantasy's Serah to Lightning as Serah is an example of actually giving a Damsel in Distress agency in their life.

The X-men is the only franchise built for legacy characters and expansion because introducing more mutants is less tacky than introducing more hulks etc.

I generally don't see fans as owners of the stories they enjoy the same way they do.

Ruby is probably the weakest character (writing-wise) in RWBY. Jaune feels like he should be the lead.

Naruto/Sasuke/sakura are more appealing as adults than angsty teens. Naruto is better than goku in that he actually feels an adult when he's older.

Gt's take on SS4 Goku is more appealing than Super's God mode in terms of design.

One piece is better than dbz.

Gon was a weak element to Hunter x Hunter till the Chimeara ant saga. He was a slow burn deconstruction of the traditional shonen jump protagonist so maybe that was the point?

I like that clara stuff in Capaldi's tenure. I even liked her will they won't they stuff with Danny Pink. Is it weird to be both Team Danny and team Doctor?

The Webb/Garfield Spiderman would have worked better if they pitched him as a college kid trying to reinvent himself.

I liked how the Peter-Flash dynamic was handled and it set up his rejection of Uncle Ben's great quote. He stands up to a bully but is in trouble for it- no wonder he decides screw you to responsibility.

The MCU Spidey is fine but feels too Robin for my tastes. Them using Garfield Spidey would have been more like classic Spidey-who was more of a loner.

Prince of Persia was a good video game movie.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Just seeing how much the site could handle

I suppose it's one of those movies, like Big Trouble in Little China, you either get it and love it for the sheer camp, or you hate it. My mom was among the latter camp. Escape From LA....better left unwatched.
    From what I have heard, there's one good scene is Escape From LA, and it's in the trailer. Bangkok Rules...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they'd stop using the Wilhelm scream in movies; it's a sign that the filmmaker is lazy and cheap. And frankly, it's ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From what I have heard, there's one good scene is Escape From LA, and it's in the trailer. Bangkok Rules...
    Honestly, the only thing I remember from that movie was that Bruce Campbell was in it in a typical role for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I like that clara stuff in Capaldi's tenure. I even liked her will they won't they stuff with Danny Pink. Is it weird to be both Team Danny and team Doctor?
    I liked all of them, but I wish they gave Danny a better ending. Clara too, I would prefer something like what they did in Last Christmas special.

I think that actors saved the Moffat era, because some of his writing was horrendous. I liked his sdandalone episodes, but the season arcs were terrible and always abandoned too early without proper conclusion. RTD is much better at writing season arcs. My favorite Doctor is still Capaldi, which I consider a testament to his charisma and acting, because he had some very weak stories.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Mighty Member

It took awhile, but the angry spirit of Dennis Nedry grew powerful enough to activate the volcano, revenging himself on the Dilophosaurus...too bad about the other dinosaurs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I liked all of them, but I wish they gave Danny a better ending. Clara too, I would prefer something like what they did in Last Christmas special.

I think that actors saved the Moffat era, because some of his writing was horrendous. I liked his sdandalone episodes, but the season arcs were terrible and always abandoned too early without proper conclusion. RTD is much better at writing season arcs. My favorite Doctor is still Capaldi, which I consider a testament to his charisma and acting, because he had some very weak stories.
    I preferred how Moffat the love story with the Doctor over RTD. Capaldi's era was better than Smith but it feels more safe than Smith's.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    It took awhile, but the angry spirit of Dennis Nedry grew powerful enough to activate the volcano, revenging himself on the Dilophosaurus...too bad about the other dinosaurs, though.
    Different island. Mona Loa is on Hawaii, Jurassic Park was filmed on Kauai, hundreds of miles away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Different island. Mona Loa is on Hawaii, Jurassic Park was filmed on Kauai, hundreds of miles away.
    I should have been more specific. I was referring to the JP sequel (the fifth?) where Isla Nublar was destroyed. Been watching a lot of JP commenters on YouTube lately.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It's going to be an exciting NFL Week 13 Sunday.

I expect the Jets with the Legend of Mike White to crash today because I don't see the Jets defeating a great Vikings team in Thundering Minnesota even if Mike White plays great by not turning the football over.

The Jet's defense is a strength however it will be greatly tested because of Jefferson, and the other arsenal that Cousins has to throw to.

I'll be thrilled to watch an entertaining game.

I don't see the Titans losing 2 consecutive games in the Vrabel era which is why I'm confident the Titans will rebound against the great Eagles by winning a game that they shouldn't win.

Titans 31

Eagles 27

The Titans protect the football, the Titans pressure Hurts, and Derrick Henry runs for more than 98 yards and 2 Tds.

The Dolphins playing the 49ers is an interesting game because it's been a long time since they defeated a great Bills team. The 49ers have a strong defense so Tagavolia can show he is a great QB today vs the 49ers.

I don't expect the tanking hapless awful Texans to defeat the bad Browns because the Browns have good players so outscoring the Texans, and the Brown's defense creating is the realistic possibility.

While Watson might be rusty in his revenge game becuase of returning after a long absence I doubt it will be detrimental for the Browns.

Retired

I wish they'd stop using the Wilhelm scream in movies; it's a sign that the filmmaker is lazy and cheap. And frankly, it's ridiculous.
    Watching reactors on youtube react with glee, I think it's really an Easter egg for the audience. It seems like a lot of directors include it not because it's cheap but because it's fun and an homage. They could probably very easily put in an original scream, but they want to include the Wilhelm scream as a tip of the hat.

Mighty Member

Does Disney still use the "Goofy holler"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    It's going to be an exciting NFL Week 13 Sunday.
    This is a very uncontroversial statement. Lot off good games this week

Though I think I know you meant this for the NFL thread

On my personal note. Dont know how controversial this is but anyone who uses the phrase

"Sorry not sorry." Shows themselves to be one of the dumbest people on the planet as that phrase is so stupid..
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.