Page 324 of 440 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You don't attach a name like that to a project and not use it in the advertising. Even if he isn't responsible for one iota of original content.
    But that isn't what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about whether it's more along the lines of just marketing vs. if his name is attached that way because he's doing a MAJOR re-imagining / reworking of the original.
    (Like if had decided to do it as a space opera with a gay love story, though I know that's not what's happening here.)

I think it's fairly obvious they are doing it to let people know it's a Spielberg film. Studios don't really worry about artistic integrity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious they are doing it to let people know it's a Spielberg film.
    I'm aware of that.

But my original comment was in response to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's the idea that it's advertised as Stephen Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY that hits a nerve. If it's a faithful adaptation of the play then it's not. Is it his music, his lyrics, his choreography? I hope not. I want a director that is going to serve the vision of the original creators--bringing a fresh new approach, yes, but not changing the work into something completely different so he can claim ownership. There have been a plethora of new productions of WEST SIDE STORY over the years--but they all use the original text and score--they don't make it different for the sake of being different.
    so it was more along the lines of whether Spielberg's name at the front of this really makes that much of a difference or not in what we'll see for the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm aware of that.

But my original comment was in response to this:so it was more along the lines of whether Spielberg's name at the front of this really makes that much of a difference or not in what we'll see for the final product.
    I think in terms of music and script, a little. In terms of how it looks and is told, a big difference.
    But none the less, his name doesn't bother me and I doubt anyone will think he wrote any of the words or music.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You don't attach a name like that to a project and not use it in the advertising. Even if he isn't responsible for one iota of original content.
    For what it's worth...back in the 90's there was a Tiny Toons Adventures episode where they mock the fact that Spielberg's name is in the title, but he doesn't have anything to do with the actual production of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    For what it's worth...back in the 90's there was a Tiny Toons Adventures episode where they mock the fact that Spielberg's name is in the title, but he doesn't have anything to do with the actual production of the show.
    I remember that show quite well. Not as well remembered as Animaniacs or Pinky and the Brain, but still hilarious. My favorite is the least remembered of them - Histeria!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Intent matters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Intent matters.
    Not always. if someone tries to do something good but someone else ends up hurt or dies it doesnt matter if the person started out trying to do good. The end result is still bad. i would think results matter more then intent.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Intent matters.
    So, what was your intent here?

But the road to Hell....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But the road to Hell....
    . . . is always being reconstructed and has awful delays.

Thankfully it's not our tax dollars at work that are paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not always
    Nope, always. Even in your example, the punishment is mitigated based on intent.

Nope, always. Even in your example, the punishment is mitigated based on intent.
    I place more importance on the results. i dont care why a person did what they did. If a person is hurt or dead then at the end of the day that is what I care about.

Int he case of a drink driver they may not have had the intent of killing someone. But that does happen. And the punishment for something like that is laughable compared to the crime.

Good or bad I dont care a persons motivation. Just the result of their actions.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ill do my personal experience.

In the commiting of the crime that sent me to prison I ended up hurting a man pretty badly. That was not my intent. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I did not set out to hurt him. And even when he did show up my intent was just to scare him off. But in that attempt I pushed him, he fell back and hit his head. I did not intend to hurt him but he was in the ICU for 3 weeks after the fact. So no my intent did not matter one bit. A man was hurt badly because of my actions even though that was not the goal. His family didnt care, and he didnt care that my goal was to scare him away not hurt him. All that mattered to that person and the people he cared about was the end result.

In reality most things in this world are very black in white. people too often throw shades of grey on matters and complicate things more then they should be.