Page 249 of 440 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 6586

My opinion that is probably unpopular is that the only good comics Image ever published were the first few years of Spawn and Savage Dragon. That's it. They did a reprint of Toth's Zorro comics... but that wasnt really an Image book so.

The Walking Dead, Saga, and ANYTHING GAIMAN ever wrote that wasnt superhero wasn't as good as everyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    My opinion that is probably unpopular is that the only good comics Image ever published were the first few years of Spawn and Savage Dragon. That's it. They did a reprint of Toth's Zorro comics... but that wasnt really an Image book so.

The Walking Dead, Saga, and ANYTHING GAIMAN ever wrote that wasnt superhero wasn't as good as everyone says.
    Then you haven't read anything from Brubaker and Phillips. And comics are exactly as good as someone says to that person.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

It's funny, before I ended my pull list recently to move to trades I hadn't been getting any Marvel or DC books. I had been getting about a half dozen Image titles, and most of the trades I get that are recent comics tend to be from Image or IDW or some non-Big 2 company. Just so many more ideas and original concepts. I love me some X-Men and Spider-Man, and there are a dozen creators (mostly writers) who I'll follow to anything from Ambush Bug to Zatanna, but going back to read yet another version of the Phoenix is back or the Joker's in town or Peter Parker's down on his luck is more comfort food than interesting. But again, different strokes. I'd say Image is a much better company though now than it ever was in the early to mid '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most people actually prefer stable and happy relationships with little to no drama in fiction. Or at least less "will they, won't they" nonsense.

If a male character is respectful towards women and is being called a "cuck", "simp", "eunuch" or other terms you can find on an incel forum, chances are he's actually being written well.
    Yup yup yup

I am not convinced there is such a thing as "useless knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I am not convinced there is such a thing as "useless knowledge".
    You should ask one of my coworkers about their lawn care regimen.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm sure the dos and don'ts of crabgrass removal is riveting stuff, but it could still be useful.

Astonishing Member

Useless? No.

Irrelevant? Yes.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Useless? No.

Irrelevant? Yes.
    Depends on how important a pristine lawn is to you. I'm kind of "meh" about it, but there's a dude up the street, I swear, trims weeds with scissors.

Well it can be art. People who trim hedges can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'm sure the dos and don'ts of crabgrass removal is riveting stuff, but it could still be useful.
    Well, all I've learned from those conversations is to regret asking people about their weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Depends on how important a pristine lawn is to you. I'm kind of "meh" about it, but there's a dude up the street, I swear, trims weeds with scissors.
    There are medications for that sort of behavior.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-29-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Retired

Had to look up crabgrass to see what it was. Looks like the decorative grasses that people intentionally put in their yard and pay extra for at the garden shop. There's also a big move in public areas to restore the wild grasses that used to exist prior to European contact--those long grasses.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Had to look up crabgrass to see what it was. Looks like the decorative grasses that people intentionally put in their yard and pay extra for at the garden shop. There's also a big move in public areas to restore the wild grasses that used to exist prior to European contact--those long grasses.
    There are suburbs where residents wage a genocidal (but losing) war on the species.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Looks like the decorative grasses that people intentionally put in their yard and pay extra for at the garden shop.
    Lawn aficionados would run you out of town for even suggesting such a thing. Crabgrass is unsightly, quite far from decorative. Anyone who devotes any time to lawn care wants to be rid of them because it makes an otherwise nice looking lawn look unkempt.

Controversial opinion: You should all start using the word this way, in your everyday conversations!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine