Page 119 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 6587
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Why do US presidents swear the oath of office on a bible? Religious tests were not required, according to the Article six of the United States Constitution.

While taking the presidential oath of office was required by the Constitution, swearing it on the bible was just a tradition that the president George Washington began when he took his oath of office. Most of his successors kept the tradition.

Presidents can either say, “I do solemnly swear” or “I do solemnly affirm.”

John Quincy Adams, Franklin Pierce and Theodore Roosevelt did not use a bible to swear or affirm the oath upon.

After President McKinley was assassinated in 1901, Theodore Roosevelt didn’t use the Bible when being sworn in.

Adams placed his hand upon on a book of law rather than the Bible itself as he recited the oath.

Pierce affirmed the oath of office rather than swear it,

While nobody knew Roosevelt’s reasons, Adams’ motive was clearer.

Adams swore the oath on a book of law instead of a bible, because he had favored the separation of church and state and wanted to make it clear his loyalty was to the laws of our nation above all else, including the Bible.

Only Pierce affirmed his oath on a book of law, instead of swearing it on a bible, because his eleven-year old son was killed in a train accident almost two months prior to the inauguration and he viewed the death of his son as God’s punishment for his political ambitions.

In Dallas, there was no Bible in the Air Force One, so stewards found a Catholic missal belonging to the slain President Kennedy, and that’s how Lyndon Johnson was sworn in.

Some may argue that swearing on a bible binds the presidents to their oath. But some presidents who swore on the bible have broken their oath.

https://futurism.media/why-president...r-on-the-bible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankl...and_transition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaugu...n_Quincy_Adams
    Oaths have rarely meant what once they did, regardless of sanctifying artifact. Their principle purpose is less to bind a person to an obligation than to license the rest of us to get extra mad at somebody that betrays the stated trust.

Despite being a Muslim, Obama swore his oath on a bible.
    Obama is a Christian.

Yeah, that is a seriously F'ed up thing to post.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Most Africans don't consider black Americans to be black, which makes the infighting among black westerners over racial purity and skin tone tragically ironic imo.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

When racist whites say that their best friend is white, they’re referring to the type of black friends Dylann Roof befriended. The apolitical special snowflake negro neutral blacks. I have been that type of black friend when I was in high school....Ok well sorta lol. I’m fair skin, with Eurocentric features. But that wasn’t necessarily what made racist whites accept me. It was the fact I was into and familiar with subcultures of young white people. Like listening to Rock music, heavy metal, and punk etc.. Young whites don’t see those black folks as the same as “urban blacks” . That’s the bitter truth. That type of pseudo white privilege isn’t bulletproof. But it’s enough to create the type of coons that befriend white people like Dylann. Also giving them a superiority complex, and justifying their bitter intra-racism towards other blacks.

There’s nothing wrong with being a Blk metalhead, or Blk goth or whatever. But you need to stay woke of people like Dylan Roof, and white people in general who only accept you cause they think you’re a safe little negro cause you’re into they’re subculture, whatever that may be. So when white folks, especially young white folks Say that they have black friends they’re referring to black folks like Skin Diamond, Lajon Witherspoon, or any type of alt/black folks. I was never apolitical and was always woke. So I never was fully accepted in high school. And I’m perfectly fine with that. I had a homegirl who left the goth scene because of this. Not just because of racist whites, but because of intra-racist blacks .

The Communist Party of China has been using an economic system based on the Laissez-faire capitalism instead of communism. So Why don't they call themselves "Capitalist Party of China"?
    From communism China mostly took the over-centralized form of government more than the ideas around economies really.

Plus they tend to be pretty flexible when it comes to do what they want. Just look at Africa, the way Chinese are slowly but surely eating this continent would make even the worst hyena from wall street squeal with pleasure.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 08-28-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Boisterously Confused

The Communist Party of China has been using an economic system based on the Laissez-faire capitalism instead of communism. So Why don't they call themselves "Capitalist Party of China"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    From communism China mostly took the over-centralized form of government more than the ideas around economies really.

Plus they tend to be pretty flexible when it comes to do what they want. Just look at Africa, the way Chinese are slowly but surely eating this continent would make even the worst hyena from wall street squeal with pleasure.
    This. It might look laissez-faire from this side of the fence, but the moment the Central Committee perceives a need to shift things, the owners are going to do what they're told (if they're lucky enough to get to adapt rather than having their market shut down), even if it means building malls that one one will ever shop in.

At the same time, China does not only allow capital markets to decide where investment is going to go. Their China 2025 initiative has guided investment and development in an array of technologies/industries they intend to dominate, some of which are "just in case this becomes important areas."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, that is a seriously F'ed up thing to post.
    Might as well start with "Despite not being an American...".

Invincible Member

If someone is going on about a topic that you are uncomfortable with, come up with a reason that you are uncomfortable with it. Don't say that they have "weaponized" that topic.

Because we never really got of the topic, and it's gone into extra innings.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Ladies, if your're going to try and be sexy and take naked selfies, could you please at least clean your fuckin BEDROOM??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Ladies, if your're going to try and be sexy and take naked selfies, could you please at least clean your fuckin BEDROOM??!!
    I'd be happy with bedroom pictures. It's the ones that take the pictures against a bathroom mirror with all the stuff left there that indicate a sincere lack of effort and pride.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd be happy with bedroom pictures. It's the ones that take the pictures against a bathroom mirror with all the stuff left there that indicate a sincere lack of effort and pride.
    If you take naked pictures of yourself and put it on the web i think that in terms of pride you're pretty much already at the bottom.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If you take naked pictures of yourself and put it on the web i think that in terms of pride you're pretty much already at the bottom.
    ^Yet more proof that we really need a Like Button on these forums!^