Page 122 of 439 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 6582

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Heck, my parents never did Santa with me, it didn't really bother me. But when I mention that to their people, their like 'what! You never believed in Santa!' Like it's a great trasvesty, lol. Because even though they don't believe now, I guess they really liked believing in Santa as a kid.
    My wife and I quit celebrating Christmas several years ago. After the kids had grown and moved out it just didn't seem to make sense. Both of us are agnostic, my children weren't raised in the church and the holiday shopping is just a pain in the ass so we dropped the pretense and freed ourselves from the added stress and expense. Now we just shop for a few toys for my grandson and send our adult children some money.
    Why go through all of that hassel just for a social custom that's becoming more commercialized and marketed every year?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    My wife and I quit celebrating Christmas several years ago. After the kids had grown and moved out it just didn't seem to make sense. Both of us are agnostic, my children weren't raised in the church and the holiday shopping is just a pain in the ass so we dropped the pretense and freed ourselves from the added stress and expense. Now we just shop for a few toys for my grandson and send our adult children some money.
    Why go through all of that hassel just for a social custom that's becoming more commercialized and marketed every year?
    Kurt Cameron wants to have a word with you...

Many, many things are commercialized. That doesn't mean they are bad. I look upon Christmas as a holiday for giving. The Christian aspect of it matter, and matters greatly, for many, but if the focus is on the beauty of giving, I have a sneaky suspicion Jesus would be cool with that. My best Christmas memory was seeing my son's face light up as someone opened the gift HE picked out and gave them.

I'm very pro-Christmas, even if the way some others may celebrate it makes no sense to me.

Mighty Member

Talking about a book that you're excited for in a place where everyone hates it is extremely useless and it's best to keep quiet.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Kurt Cameron wants to have a word with you...
    And I have two words for Kurt Cameron.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Kurt?

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Kurt would tell you all that buying presents is the proper way to celebrate the birth of Jesus, don't listen to people who explain the pagan roots of the holiday and that people who think that X-Mas is too commercial have fallen for the lies of the anti-christmas folk.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Pho is better than ramen.

It's KIRK Cameron.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's KIRK Cameron.
    It's "MR CAMERON"...if you're nasty.

And he's here to Save Christmas from you heathens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOSiZIgZ2JQ

It's KIRK Cameron.
    To boldly go where no christian has gone before!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Kurt?

It's KIRK Cameron.
    Must you be so curt with your replies?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Must you be so curt with your replies?
    Well played, Chad. Well played.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Why don't they make US Secretary of State, Secretary of Treasury and US Attorney-General each an elected office?

Currently, in 35 states, the secretary of state is elected, usually for a four-year term. In others, the secretary of state is appointed by the governor with confirmation with the state's respective Senate; Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia are amongst the states with this practice. In three states, the secretary of state is elected by the state legislature; the General Assembly of Tennessee meets in joint convention to elect the Secretary of State to a four-year term,[ and the Maine Legislature and New Hampshire General Court also select their secretaries of state, but to two-year terms

The most prevalent method of selecting a state attorney general is by popular election. 43 states have an elected attorney general. Elected attorneys general serve a four-year term, except in Vermont, where the term is two years.

Seven states do not elect an attorney general. In Alaska, Hawaii, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Wyoming, the attorney general is a gubernatorial appointee. The attorney general in Tennessee is appointed by the Tennessee Supreme Court for an eight-year term. In Maine, the attorney general is elected by the state Legislature for a two-year term.

In eight states, the state treasurer is appointed by the governor
    In four states, the State Treasurer is elected by legislature.
    In most states, the state treasurer is elected by popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret...te_government)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_attorney_general

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...er they asurer
    The Secretary of State at the State level is entirely different than that at the Federal level.

Those ae offices at the Federal level that come under the jurisdiction ofmthe President.
    Therefore appointed with consent from Congress.

States are free to do things however they want.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-21-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure I get the fascination for giving people laser eyes in the thumbnail for you Youtube videos. Especially "political" vids.