Page 135 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 6583

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He's a popular member of the "Skeptic Community." I used to ignore the stuff relating to him that came up in my Youtube feed, but as I've been watching more political stuff, he and others show up more and more so I began checking out some of his clips and debates he's had with people. It's actually comical how pompous he his while misinterpeting any number of subjects.
    I am pretty well in-bedded with the "Skeptic Community" and I haven't heard of him.

Listened to him a little. His take on feminism is crap. So, yeah, might be a dick.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-08-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Why oh why do some people think Sargon of Akkad is some sort of intellectual? He calls himself a "classical liberal" but has a real misunderstanding of things like feminism and class.
    Youtube used to recommend that clown to me all the time. It took me forever to weed that idiot out of my feed.
    Not controversial opinion: The Youtube recommendation algorithm is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Youtube used to recommend that clown to me all the time. It took me forever to weed that idiot out of my feed.
    So is it's targeted ad algorithm. I keep getting Prager U ads, despite constantly trying to skip them, even exiting YouTube if need be to avoid the lies, half truths, and out of context statements they make.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I get why Cardi B is famous, she's basically a ghetto Cinderella story for women of color who are often marginalized. As a black women I get that, I really do. But her music is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I get why Cardi B is famous, she's basically a ghetto Cinderella story for women of color who are often marginalized. As a black women I get that, I really do. But her music is garbage.
    Crazy how her "ratchet personality" is more interesting than her music. Whatever sells I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The company I work for recently unblocked Youtube from our network so as I was working by myself one Saturday, I decided to listen to some music. I went to Youtube (the first time ever from my work station on our company network) and in the suggestions list found nearly all of the same bands and songs I'd been listening to on my Chromebook here at home.
    The only thing I can figure is that I'd logged into my work Outlook email account a couple of times from home and somehow the Youtube algorithm used it to figure out I was the same person. The whole thing creeped me out a little.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-09-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm beginning to see the similarity between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donald Trump.

Pundits make up stupid remarks that Ocasio-Cortez never actually said and conservatives react to her and judge her intelligence as if she actually said them.

Trump says stupid things consistently and conservatives react to him and judge his intelligence as if he never said them.

Now let's go rake some forests.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm beginning to see the similarity between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donald Trump.

Pundits make up stupid remarks that Ocasio-Cortez never actually said and conservatives react to her and judge her intelligence as if she actually said them.

Trump says stupid things consistently and conservatives react to him and judge his intelligence as if he never said them.

Now let's go rake some forests.
    How is that similar? Sounds like the complete opposite. It's like conservatives routinely attacked Obama for things he DIDN"T do and are silent when Trump now actually does them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is that similar? Sounds like the complete opposite. It's like conservatives routinely attacked Obama for things he DIDN"T do and are silent when Trump now actually does them.
    Because the first line was a joke setting up the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Crazy how her "ratchet personality" is more interesting than her music. Whatever sells I suppose.
    Lady Gaga tried to just sing music initially, but failed to get much notice. It's only after she went all outlandish that anyone cared for what her music was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Because the first line was a joke setting up the rest.
    Well then Trump and I are actually similar, in that we are both idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Lady Gaga tried to just sing music initially, but failed to get much notice. It's only after she went all outlandish that anyone cared for what her music was like.
    But Lady Gaga is actually talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But Lady Gaga is actually talented.
    She is. I initially dismissed her because all I heard about was the outlandish gimmicks. Then I heard her sing. But I get that a performer today sometimes does crazy things to get noticed in the crowd.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is an interesting observation that deserves its own thread.

Invincible Member

Supposedly, the record company pressured Gaga into being more "sexy" and she was like FINE, but I'll go it on my own terms and we got the zany sexy Gaga vs the commercial "sexy" Gaga we might have gotten otherwise.