Page 136 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 6587

On a different note, one of the local radio stations out here has the unfortunate designation of KONY - and yes, they are doing a children's charity drive. KONY for kids just sounds all sorts of wrong.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

What bugs me about politics now is that people worry more about what's politically possible instead of what needs to be done. And on that same token they care more about order, than actual sociopolitical justice. Political "pragmatism" is stopping us from moving forward imo

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    What bugs me about politics now is that people worry more about what's politically possible instead of what needs to be done
    I don't think you could find two people on the same page when it comes to "what needs to be done". Your vision of "what needs to be done", whatever that is, for sure wouldn't fly with at least half of the population of your country for example.

People don't want to move forward, they want to move in the direction they like the most. May that be forward or backward in the case of conservatives.

Invincible Member

People who are anti-liberal need to stop bringing up that democrats started the klan and thinking that it's some sort of gotcha. While true, most people who understand history know that the two parties gradually switched places. It's funny that some folks are now trying to pretend this didn't happen.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People who are anti-liberal need to stop bringing up that democrats started the klan and thinking that it's some sort of gotcha. While true, most people who understand history know that the two parties gradually switched places. It's funny that some folks are now trying to pretend this didn't happen.
    People who do this are being intellectually dishonest.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I don't think you could find two people on the same page when it comes to "what needs to be done". Your vision of "what needs to be done", whatever that is, for sure wouldn't fly with at least half of the population of your country for example.

People don't want to move forward, they want to move in the direction they like the most. May that be forward or backward in the case of conservatives.
    True, but I think the point was that people who agree with what needs to be done (whatever that may be) tends to put more emphasis on their political careers. That's how I interpret it.

Personally i tend to think that politician shouldn't be a job, something you do for most of your life as a profession. If it wasn't a career, i dare to presume that people would more focused on the task they are trusted with instead of personnel gain.

Last time someone did this in a debate with me I started talking about how we need to defend against the British. It's just as relevant as saying the Democrats are behind the KKK.

You could always refer them to this guy.

Personally i tend to think that politician shouldn't be a job, something you do for most of your life as a profession. If it wasn't a career, i dare to presume that people would more focused on the task they are trusted with instead of personnel gain.
    What may be worse are those who see being a polititian as a stepping-stone to a more lucrative job in the privte sector. Washington seems to have become infested with those types over the last few decades.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    What may be worse are those who see being a polititian as a stepping-stone to a more lucrative job in the privte sector. Washington seems to have become infested with those types over the last few decades.
    I don't mind people making a career of elected service any more than I object to the military infrastructure consisting of a corps of professional soldiers rather than a collection of militia. There's merit in expertise and experience guiding the crafting public policy.

That said, I agree with you in that people who make their careers running election campaigns, and managing election campaign organizations are not good for us. Further, as Chad H said, those looking for elected office as a gateway to what comes after are a particular danger (that's also a problem among the senior military ranks). These things undermine the safety and welfare of the republic.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    People who do this are being intellectually dishonest.
    Right. I think a lot of it is push back against people claiming Trump is a racist or what have you, but bringing up the 100+ years origin of the Klan is not a good counter.

Instagram has ruined food.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Instagram has ruined food.
    only for those obsessed with posting what they eat. Me, I turn off my phone at resturaunts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starter set View Post
    personally i tend to think that politician shouldn't be a job, something you do for most of your life as a profession. If it wasn't a career, i dare to presume that people would more focused on the task they are trusted with instead of personnel gain.
    exactly....