Page 157 of 440 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To try to put it simply...

- Used to be a huge fan of the film, and some of the specific performances in the film.
    - That is now wrecked almost every single time by the thought of that an unrepentant lousy person wrote and directed the film.
    Thanks for the clarity.

I really liked Louis CK, his stand up and his show. But now...well you know.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    My controversial opinion is that I don't want the X-Men to be folded into the MCU. I even grew up an X-Men fan, but I just don't want to see an X-Men take over of things. I also am dreading a potential AvX movie. There is nothing less interesting to me than that.
    I feel the same way about the Avengers, actually. The Marvel Universe isn't just the Avengers. I feel like a good majority of MCU standalone films are just promos for the next Avengers movie. Another thing I hate is how everything feels the same tonally, something that ironically people accused the early DCEU of.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 03-19-2019 at 04:59 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nah X3, Wolverine Origins, The Wolverine, X-men Apocalypse. There was a lot of X-fans who hated Fox stuff that varied bad to meh. Even the good films like First Class and DoFP have stuff that X-fans despise like the jacking up characters and messing up X-men continuity/stories for no good reason. X3 and Origins was reason enough to want X-men out Fox hands . X-mens films haven't always suck but you can count on Fox to drop a stinker at about a rate of 1 out of the 3 movies they make.
    Hate to break it to you, but the MCU is probably not going to automatically change those fans minds. Because whatever beef people had with X3, and Origins, was before the MCU. So it depends, on how those complainers feels now.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I feel the same way about the Avengers, actually. The Marvel Universe isn't just the Avengers. I feel like a good majority of MCU standalone films are just promos for the next Avengers movie. Another thing I hate is how everything feels the same tonally, something that ironically people accused the early DCEU of.
    It's funny. When I started reading comics, Marvel did everything they can to make you sick of X-Men. I think I'm still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless I'm recalling it all wrong, he wrote it as well as directing it. That involvement is just a little too "Top To Bottom..." not to think about if it turns up somewhere.
    It was his character from back on The Chris Rock Show.

The sketches were pretty funny. The movie doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    It was his character from back on The Chris Rock Show.

The sketches were pretty funny. The movie doesn't work.
    See...

Now that is a "Controversial" opinion.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Guacamole tastes like crap.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What's your stance on avocado in general?

Then you haven't had good Guac.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

+1

Highly Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but the MCU is probably not going to automatically change those fans minds. Because whatever beef people had with X3, and Origins, was before the MCU. So it depends, on how those complainers feels now.

Hate to Break it me? Nah MCU has X-men has easy marks for success. Get Cyclops right. Show the Original X-men Cyclops,Jean Grey, Angel,Beast and Iceman together. Don't over use Magneto,Mystique and Professor X. etc

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    In my opinion, if you have affection for something prior to shitty things coming out about the creators, it's not like a bad thing to retain that affection.
    Not bad if you can do it.

It'll be a while before I can properly enjoy Gary Glitter's music again.

Probably some time after his death.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I feel like everything is blamed on sjw (social justice warriors). A group that's too broad to put in a box (like feminism). Also a group which rarely gets along, or have the same interests ��

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I feel like everything is blamed on sjw (social justice warriors). A group that's too broad to put in a box (like feminism). Also a group which rarely gets along, or have the same interests ��
    SJW is just a new derogatory term for people who used to be called dirty hippies. Except the hippies were right about most things.
    What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meh! Never been a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Then you haven't had good Guac.
    Perhaps. Oh well, that won't be a regret I'll take to my grave.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!