Page 81 of 440 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 6586
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    And if Terry said it, then it must be so.
    It's kind of a stupid argument, too, since it was an actual event that took place. Gilliam makes it sound like Spielberg created it out of thin air. If Terry wants to complain about historical inaccuracies in the film, however, then we can talk.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    And if Terry said it, then it must be so.
    It was an example of someone well known expanding on another well known person's "argument" about it when you said "I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face about it".
    BB

White onions are the Schindler's List of hot dog condiments.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    White onions are the Schindler's List of hot dog condiments.
    That's artistic. You could enflame both sides thru ambiguity! You need to.work for a Russian Twitter Mill 😉

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Supposedly, a lot of Rob's art on Hawk and Dove was re-drawn by the inker.
    Yeah, Karl Kesel allegedly had a lot to do with the fact that that art didn't suck in Hawk and Dove. That said, while Kesel is a fairly slick, but conventional artist, Hawk and Dove's art was quite out there and angular in a way I hadn't seen before, and I'm pretty sure that came from Leifeld. I think you have to give credit to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Yeah, Karl Kesel allegedly had a lot to do with the fact that that art didn't suck in Hawk and Dove. That said, while Kesel is a fairly slick, but conventional artist, Hawk and Dove's art was quite out there and angular in a way I hadn't seen before, and I'm pretty sure that came from Leifeld. I think you have to give credit to both of them.
    This is a controversial opinion about DC Comics and therefore not allowed in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Salmon on pizza sounds terrible.
    It is my controversial opinion that it is not terrible.

If the Moon landing was faked what was the point of Apollo 13

If the Moon landing was faked what was the point of Apollo 13
    We needed an event to bring us back to being underdogs overcoming great adversity. Apollo 13 was the C-lister being killed to make the villain look like hot ****.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    We needed an event to bring us back to being underdogs overcoming great adversity. Apollo 13 was the C-lister being killed to make the villain look like hot ****.
    Deleted: Bad Taste. Sounded funnier in my head than it did when I read the post.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Which brings up my next question. Why do six landings? It's not like people had much interest after the first two. The only thing that made Apollo 13 interesting was it failed. One or at most two after that
    would have proved the point if they were trying to demonstrate it could be done after a failure. Anything faked after Apollo 14 was just a waste of special effects money. Really the first one was all
    that would have been needed. Look we made it there. Why not do a fake Mars landing as an encore? And then maybe a fake Venus, Jupiter and Saturn. Why just do six more fake Moon landings.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Even though this is a website about comic books, I rarely visit the actual forums about comics because the posters there are too geekish with their comments as they take their love for books and characters WAY too seriously for my liking. Does that make for a controversial opinion? Does that make me a cranky old man having a "Get off my lawn!" moment?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-29-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Even though this is a website about comic books, I rarely visit the actual forums about comics because the posters there are too geekish with their comments as they take their love for books and characters WAY too seriously for my liking. Does that make for a controversial opinion? Does that make me a cranky old man having a "Get off my lawn!" moment?
    I think most the people commenting on comic books don't want you on their lawn. I think the people that would play on someone elses lawn don't read comic books.

Which brings up my next question. Why do six landings? It's not like people had much interest after the first two. The only thing that made Apollo 13 interesting was it failed. One or at most two after that
    would have proved the point if they were trying to demonstrate it could be done after a failure. Anything faked after Apollo 14 was just a waste of special effects money. Really the first one was all
    that would have been needed. Look we made it there. Why not do a fake Mars landing as an encore? And then maybe a fake Venus, Jupiter and Saturn. Why just do six more fake Moon landings.
    Among other reasons science? Because landings weren't faked and quite a lot of samples were taken back to Earth, and some scientific instruments put on the Moon?
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The worst are the appreciation threads. The thinking is, "Well, I guess it's about time for me to bump that thread about an unpopular character who I'm trying to push, and in doing so knock a discussion that's actually interesting and productive off the first page."