Page 166 of 440 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 6586
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's why I think we need stronger third party alternatives.
    I have been a strong proponent of the Condorcet voting method for years in order to increase the strength of the third parties, but at the same time eliminate the spoiler effect third parties currently have. Yeah, good luck with that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Honestly, that's the silver lining I've been hoping to find, that Trump and AOC will split their parties, leaving room for a viable centrist party. That's probably believing in The Easter Bunny, but I still have hope.

This is why anyone living in a non swing state should vote 3rd party. My state is deep red so my vote is pointless every election unless I vote 3rd party. So I voted Gary Johnson the last two elections just hoping he'd get enough of a % of the vote to get the libertarians a seat at the table the next election.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    This is why anyone living in a non swing state should vote 3rd party. My state is deep red so my vote is pointless every election unless I vote 3rd party. So I voted Gary Johnson the last two elections just hoping he'd get enough of a % of the vote to get the libertarians a seat at the table the next election.
    The current 3rd party options are not viable. We need a Centrist Party for The Rest Of Us.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'd ask them: In what way do you think DEM CANDIDATE would capitulate and allow those who would attack ISSUE to screw it as badly as REP CANDIDATE would? Then I'd debate them to see if their minds could be changed if their response didn't convince me they were right. All too often it devolves into a stalemate where each side believes they are right, but it's worth the effort to try and change a few minds as far as I'm concerned.
    For instance, there's a democrat who's campaigning on not wanting to talk about policy. He's pretty much telling everyone that he's going to fold before he's even gotten to the table.

Astonishing Member

That's not going to happen without drastic election reform on a federal level, abolishing FPP voting altogether. You're either voting Democrat or Republican, voting third party just means you're doing so in a more convoluted manner.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The current 3rd party options are not viable. We need a Centrist Party for The Rest Of Us.
    The Democrats are centrist. What you need is a left wing party.

BANNED

Frankly, talking about reforming the electoral system is a waste of time, because the people who are exploiting the current system to steal elections will just use the same methods to stymie any efforts at reform. Also I don't know why people keep pinning their hopes on third parties, in countries with multi-party systems there still usually end up being two distinct blocs with a governing coalition against an opposition coalition that basically function identically to a two party system anyway.

Invincible Member

Subway sandwiches are better than Jimmy Johns.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hardly controversial, at least not in my book. I'm not a fan of Jimmy John's either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Someone in Chicago should have better deli options.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hardly controversial, at least not in my book. I'm not a fan of Jimmy John's either.
    Also Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I won't eat at Jimmy John's ever since I have heard of the non-compete cause they have for pretty much every employee - because trapped employees seem to be what they want. Of course, I have to travel about 30ish miles to get to one, and the same city has a Kneader's, so I wasn't likely to go anyways.

I was unimpressed with Firehouse Subs too when I went the one time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Boisterously Confused

Yellow mustard is just as legit as brown mustard. It all depends on the protein you're spreading it over.

BANNED

Probably not a controversial opinion these days, but foodies are the absolute worst. Food snobbery was tolerable when it was just confined to fancy stuff, but now it has apparently spread to basically everything. At least the people who go around collecting Michelin stars are honest about their motives, but anyone who tries to tell me what kind of burger or pizza I am or am not allowed to eat can go **** right off.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yellow mustard is just as legit as brown mustard. It all depends on the protein you're spreading it over.
    Here in England, yellow mustard is probably "English Mustard" - proper blow your head off hard stuff!

The brown is more likely the French stuff which is really mild.