Page 316 of 440 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 6586
    Incredible Member

When it comes to WWII films, I prefer the Brad Pitt tankies film Fury over Saving Private Ryan and Inglorious Basterds. They're all good films, but I greatly enjoy the warts n all camaraderie of Fury. They're all better than Allied, though.

Fury is a great movie. But I really didnt like Inglorious Bastards.

For me I love my War Movies from the old days. Tora Tora Tora, In harms Way (The John Wayne Movie Not that Awful new one) Patton was great. I grew up watching these movies with my dad and they stuck with me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Longest Day, always worth watching.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sabrine, The Teenage Witch deserves to be more popular than it is.
    Certainly more popular than Succession.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Longest Day, always worth watching.
    "A Bridge Too Far", with most of Hollywood and the UK and Germany's biggest stars. Directed by John Hammond, before he came up with that neat idea of a new kind of theme park...

The mostly true story of the real fiasco that was Monty's big failure. Mid 70s, fabulous war footage, including the largest airborne invasion ever IIRC, don't know how they managed that.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    "A Bridge Too Far", with most of Hollywood and the UK and Germany's biggest stars. Directed by John Hammond, before he came up with that neat idea of a new kind of theme park...

The mostly true story of the real fiasco that was Monty's big failure. Mid 70s, fabulous war footage, including the largest airborne invasion ever IIRC, don't know how they managed that.
    From the book with the same author as The Longest Day. Cornelius Ryan. I prefer The Longest Day, found the ultimate failure in Bridge made it a frustrating movie (even though that was reality) and I felt the Star stunt casting more distracting than in The Longest Day.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fury is a great movie. But I really didnt like Inglorious Bastards.

For me I love my War Movies from the old days (except Lawrence of Arabia but it's not really a war film). Tora Tora Tora, In harms Way (The John Wayne Movie Not that Awful new one) Patton was great. I grew up watching these movies with my dad and they stuck with me.
    I can't sit through those older war films. Ryan in this way serves as a demarcation between the old school war films and new ones where things are a lot grittier and thanks to technology and money you can do large scale battles and see all the dirt flying in the air after every bomb lands. It's a lot more visceral.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I can't sit through those older war films. Ryan in this way serves as a demarcation between the old school war films and new ones where things are a lot grittier and thanks to technology and money you can do large scale battles and see all the dirt flying in the air after every bomb lands. It's a lot more visceral.
    Can't agree, maybe they have gotten more bloody, but this was pretty damn visceral, and brilliant.

Not the highest quality, sorry.

Many indy comics take far too much inspiration from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    War is for me just a scenery, the interesting thing is elsewhere, it reveals people to themselves, erases social classes, it is about suspense and tension. I always like “Un taxi pour Tobrouk” (not available in English).
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I like all types of war movies from The Big Parade up to the newest today. Ever since I saw To Hell in Back back in '73, I have been hooked. With that said, The Great Escape is my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I like all types of war movies from The Big Parade up to the newest today. Ever since I saw To Hell in Back back in '73, I have been hooked. With that said, The Great Escape is my favorite.
    The Great Escape, now that one I do like.

The Great Escape is a classic

On the subject of Movies.

Ted 2 is far and above better then Ted 1
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Great Escape is a classic

On the subject of Movies.

Ted 2 is far and above better then Ted 1
    If only for the scene at the Comic Convention.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Many indy comics take far too much inspiration from Japan.
    Can you give some examples?