Page 263 of 440 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 6587

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Oh I have one. Agents of Shield is the best live action marvel show they have ever done. Better than anything including the new shows. Come and get me.
    I don't have Disney+, but as far as on air superhero shows, I completely agree. Nothing better than AoS.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Female characters don't have to act like traditional heroes to be badass. Cinderella surviving an abusive household without losing her kindness is just as badass as Mulan beating up her enemies.
    All of this.

This The Take video illustrates this point perfectly, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If you add a like button though, then the entire forum just devolves into people posting silly clickbait to try and farm likes. As much as we like to make fun of the idea of "internet points," people do crave that kind of validation and will go to whatever lengths to get them. This is why social media has become such an echo chamber these days, when everything centers around engagement metrics then it's much easier to just repeat what's popular than to have to engage in any kind of critical thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is not my experience on other forums with like buttons. The discussions are just as diverse and interesting as here. I fully support a like button on CBR.
    I don't know. I can see where PwrdOn is coming from about the worries of a Like and Dislike system, or even just a Like button alone.

There's also the genuine worries of cliques of personalities forming, particularly ones that from around ideas and aspects of a fandom/community that aren't very comfortable or that are rooted in uncomfortable realities.

Oh I have one. Agents of Shield is the best live action marvel show they have ever done. Better than anything including the new shows. Come and get me.
    Man, idk. Better than Netflix Daredevil and Luke Cage?
    Speaking as a fan of AoS, I don’t think so.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Better than the best seasons of The Incredible Hulk from the 70s even?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    People who say "filler is bad" do nothing but annoy me.
    Me? I'm at the point where the word needs to be excised from the lexicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Better than the best seasons of The Incredible Hulk from the 70s even?
    Here's a controversial opinion. The 70s Hulk TV show bored me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    All of this.

This The Take video illustrates this point perfectly, in my opinion.

That video does explain very well how Cinderella is a strong and powerful character in her own right, only with characteristics that are not traditionally considered masculine. I would again agree she is quite badass in her own right -- I think she only is not if "badass" just directly translates to violence, for you. If beating people up or killing them is required for a badass -- yeah, she's not that.

Also, I honestly stopped watching Agents of Shield when they killed Tripp off. Saw a couple of random clips here and there after that, but ... nah, Netflix Daredevil is probably the best tv show I've seen about a superhero comics character. There was a lot of good to a lot of those shows, except for Iron Fist, unfortunately. That one was almost completely awful.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Mighty Member

I don't think Happy Harper deserved Hell; Purgatory, yes, but not Hell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Man, idk. Better than Netflix Daredevil and Luke Cage?
    Speaking as a fan of AoS, I don’t think so.
    Its a matter of personal taste I think. I enjoy the neflix shows but week in week out AOS was better in my humble opinion. Very fast moving always keeping you guessing, fun characters, good jokes, cool locations and equipment. They are different types of shows for sure, I just enjoyed Shields format more I think. I appreciated the Netflix format to but they could get boring and slow for me sometimes.

Why hasn't history recorded James Buchanan as the first gay (although not openly gay) president of the USA, although he was still in the closet? He was suspected, if not known, to have had a relationship with Vice-President William Rufus King.

He was also billed as the worst POTUS in history for allowing the Southern states to secede from the union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...#Romantic_life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willia...James_Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Buchanan had a close relationship with William Rufus King, which became a popular target of gossip. King was an Alabama politician who briefly served as vice president under Franklin Pierce. Buchanan and King lived together in a Washington boardinghouse and attended social functions together, from 1834 until 1844.

The two men lived together for 13 years from 1840 until King's death in 1853. Buchanan referred to the relationship as a "communion",[5] and the two often attended official functions together. Contemporaries also noted and commented upon the unusual closeness. Andrew Jackson mockingly called them "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy" (the former being a 19th-century euphemism for an effeminate man[6]), while Aaron V. Brown referred to King as Buchanan's "better half".[7] However, the historian Lewis Saum has pointed out, "Customs and expressions were different in the mid-1800s than they are today... "Miss Nancy" was "a fairly common designation for people who wore clean clothes and had good manners." He also noted that Aaron Brown was a political enemy of King.

Loewen has described Buchanan and King as "siamese twins." A biographer of James Knox Polk, Barzman wrote, "King's "fastidious habits and conspicuous intimacy with the bachelor Buchanan gave rise to some cruel jibes." Buchanan adopted King's mannerisms and romanticised view of southern culture. Both had strong political ambitions, and in 1844, they planned to run as president and vice president. Both men were soft, effeminate, and eccentric.[5] They spent some time apart while King was on overseas missions in France, and their letters remain cryptic and avoid revealing any personal feelings at all. In May 1844, Buchanan wrote to Cornelia Roosevelt, "I am now 'solitary and alone,' having no companion in the house with me. I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them. I feel that it is not good for man to be alone, and [I] should not be astonished to find myself married to some old maid who can nurse me when I am sick, provide good dinners for me when I am well, and not expect from me any very ardent or romantic affection."[5] After King died in 1853 Buchanan described him as "among the best, the purest and most consistent public men I have known."[5] Baker concluded that while some of their correspondence was destroyed by family members, the length and the intimacy of surviving letters illustrate "the affection of a special friendship" between King and Buchanan, with no way to know for certain whether it was a romantic relationship

Comedians who do not go dirty and who do not cuss and talk about sex are way funnier then those who do.

And on the subject of comedians, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, and Will Farrell are not that funny at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I enjoyed "Kidding" starring Jim Carrey as a Mr. Rogers-like figure whose life and family start to fall apart after the death of one of his twin sons. Not recommended if you dislike foul language. Not from him, though.

I just think foul language is so over used and it is lazy. Cant come up with a good original joke? I will just tell a story about my penis. For women, it is I will just tell a story about my current one night stand being bad in bed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Perhaps the most subjective thing in entertainment is comedy. I don't find Adam Sandler funny, millions do.