Page 215 of 226 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3383
    Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would guess it's Revolution #9, which was a Yoko art experiment. Very few don't skip it to get to Ringo's "Goodnight".
    I give it a listen the first time I play the whole album (but it's background noise while I find other things to do), but when I go back to hear the album again, I always skip it. The thing that's most egregious is it's over eight minutes long--they could have put three more Beatles songs on the album, with John, Paul, George and Ringo actually singing and playing their instruments. Makes me so angry. But it's a double album, so the other extra content compensates for that (somewhat).
    “Th-th-th-that's all folks!”

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I would guess it's Revolution #9, which was a Yoko art experiment. Very few don't skip it to get to Ringo's "Goodnight".
    Oh yeah. My personal head cannon is sometimes spotty with the track listing on those final Beatles albums. For some daft reason I often associate Revolution #9 with Let It Be.

It been quite some time since I listened to The White Album all the way through. I'll have to rectify that in the very near future.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Mr. Robot is better than Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Mr. Robot is better than Breaking Bad.
    This might be reason to star watching Mr. Robot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This might be reason to star watching Mr. Robot.
    Third Party Opinion That Isn't Leaning Either Way...

The really good thing about Mr. Robot is that it is a "Take It Or Leave It..." proposition to a degree that you won't have to put too much time into either getting into it of just throwing your hands up and scrapping any attempt to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Third Party Opinion That Isn't Leaning Either Way...

The really good thing about Mr. Robot is that it is a "Take It Or Leave It..." proposition to a degree that you won't have to put too much time into either getting into it of just throwing your hands up and scrapping any attempt to watch it.
    That's probably fair . . . as long as you're not giving up on the show because the goals of the protagonist and his companions come off naive. (You need to let the show deepen in that case.)

You'd also miss out on seeing BD Wong's performance. (It's criminal he didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe for it.)

That's probably fair . . . as long as you're not giving up on the show because the goals of the protagonist and his companions come off naive. (You need to let the show deepen in that case.)

You'd also miss out on seeing BD Wong's performance. (It's criminal he didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe for it.)
    Better than his singing "Hard Candy Christmas" with The Skivvies?

Seriously, Netflix does not have it so I must look elsewhere.

I did not care for the Christopher Reeves Superman films. I found part one to be very boring. It almost turned me off of superman
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Pull List - Lois Lane, Amazing Mary Jane, Black Cat, Doctor Doom, Gwen Stacy, Jane Foster Valkyrie, Morbius Savage Avengers, Strike Force, Something Is Killing The Children

Baby Blob's Comic Blog - https://sites.google.com/view/my-comic-journey/home Updates every Wednesday at 10 Am and Saturday at 7 Pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Better than his singing "Hard Candy Christmas" with The Skivvies?

Seriously, Netflix does not have it so I must look elsewhere.
    The first three seasons are on Amazon Prime (which is about the most ironic place the show could be streaming. )

You'd have go to the USA Network website or use On Demand (assuming you have cable/satellite) for the fourth season.

Or wait a few months I guess.

The first three seasons are on Amazon Prime (which is about the most ironic place the show could be streaming. )

You'd have go to the USA Network website or use On Demand (assuming you have cable/satellite) for the fourth season.

Or wait a few months I guess.
    Thank you. My Young/New Popes and the L Word Gen Qs have run out and I'm looking for something else.

Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I did not care for the Christopher Reeves Superman films. I found part one to be very boring. It almost turned me off of superman
    I loved them as a kid. As an adult I find them embarrassingly cheesy. The music still holds up but everything else is bad, especially Lex Luthor who comes off as a bumbling idiot instead of a mad genius.

Man of Steel is a far superior Superman movie.

I've heard some people, as teenagers, may have spent several hours with their friends listening for messages hidden in backward recordings of this song. These persons may have also been pretty high at the time.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I loved them as a kid. As an adult I find them embarrassingly cheesy. The music still holds up but everything else is bad, especially Lex Luthor who comes off as a bumbling idiot instead of a mad genius.

Man of Steel is a far superior Superman movie.
    I have to agree with the first part. I would rather pull needles through my cheeks than agree with the second. I'll go this far: it's probably a superior adventure movie, but I can't call it a superior Superman movie

Fans whine an awful lot about the lack of positivity in the world while being ignorant of how much of the negativity in existence is their own fault. Repeatedly posting on internet forums or making youtube videos longer than most movies about how Zack Snyder or Rian Johnson destroyed your childhood is contributing far more negativity than Superman snapping a neck or Luke becoming a depressed and angry recluse.

"Grimdark" is not a valid criticism.

Manga has a much better distribution model than American comics and more consistent quality. That said, manga's issues with women and racial minorities far exceed that of western comics which might also explain why manga manages to have such a strong alt-right following. Same with Japanese video games like Dead or Alive.

Always knew that Trump was a hardcore sailor moon fan.