Page 403 of 440 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6596
    Boisterously Confused

ChatGPT and technologies like it will eventually place non-totalitarian societies at a disadvantage as the ability of people to deductively reason and extrapolate from an internalized base of knowledge erodes.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    ChatGPT and technologies like it will eventually place non-totalitarian societies at a disadvantage as the ability of people to deductively reason and extrapolate from an internalized base of knowledge erodes.
    It’s a good point considering how most peoples ability to memorize information decreases if they’re aware the information is freely available in another form and can be easily referenced.
    In another sense, it may lead to more expansive thinking due to the speed of available information provided by the bot creating the likelihood of a person asking further questions. Maybe the answer is for the bot to phrase its answers specifically to lead someone to extrapolate and deduce the answer themselves and then the bot can tell them if they’re right or not.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When I went with a friend to see it in the movies when it originally came out, it was so lame I wanted to get an order of duck at the Chinese take-out restaurant that was next door to the movie theater after the movie was over.
    What did your friend think of the movie? I watched it with my brother, uncle and cousin when I was a child and compared to the many movies I have seen since, I remember a movie neither stellar nor that horrible.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I think the problem of algorithms in general is that they make the people lazy. They end considering that the machine knows better and don’t engage anymore in critical thinking. It’s ready-made thinking.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What did your friend think of the movie? I watched it with my brother, uncle and cousin when I was a child and compared to the many movies I have seen since, I remember a movie neither stellar nor that horrible.
    I saw it on TV not that long after it aired in theaters and I thought it was atrocious (and I liked Howard in the comics a lot, FWIW). Lea Thompson was the only thing worth watching in it, but I can see her and her dimples elsewhere.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

I like Drew Barrymore as a celebrity, but that Bingo commercial is really annoying.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I think the problem of algorithms in general is that they make the people lazy. They end considering that the machine knows better and don’t engage anymore in critical thinking. It’s ready-made thinking.
    Exactly my point

Mighty Member

It seems to me Trojan (TM) is a bad name for condoms. I mean, The Greeks did overwhelm Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    It seems to me Trojan (TM) is a bad name for condoms. I mean, The Greeks did overwhelm Troy.
    Would "Greece" be a better name?

I prefer kid protagonists that get older than those that stay as kids forever.

Representation is an important value but a misunderstood value by fans, writers and producers as a whole. It's a building block not a one size fits all solution.

DMC3 Dante is the only Dante that worked for me. I think it was a mistake not to do more with DMC3's era. So I'm hoping the upcoming animated series really explores that era for a while longer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-03-2023 at 03:18 PM.

A little trickery and those legendary walls came tumbling down.

Still a better name than Ramses. You named a form of birth control after a guy who had over 200 children? Not the best image to someone trying not to have one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    A little trickery and those legendary walls came tumbling down.

Still a better name than Ramses. You named a form of birth control after a guy who had over 200 children? Not the best image to someone trying not to have one.
    Well, let's face it. Guys probably aren't devoting too much brainpower to brand associations when they need one.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I disagree it's false advertising by the Washington Huskies to use an Alaskan Malamute instead of a Husky as their actual animal mascot.
    They gave a solid reason which is a dog can be called a Husky if it pulls the sled so it is a Husky with that objective criterion for what a Husky is, an Alaskan Malamute looks very close to a Siberian Husky, and an Alaskan Malamute is easier to control than a Siberian Husky.

I care more about nu Quantum Leap than I do Picard.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

The beets in Beta boil better on the burner...but they still taste horrible!