Page 18 of 441 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would agree at the end of the day it all boils down to different life experiences. I'm looking at things through the lense of an Asexual Moralist. As someone who doesn't really have any interest in sexual intercourse it is hard for me to view it in the same way you do and any kinks/fetishes such as actually enjoying being objectified are just not within my field of vision so to speak. I understand the scientific reason fot sex as a means of reproduction and the emotional/psychological reason as a couple to become closer. But beyond that i just don't understand other "aspects" of that part of human life.

Also it sucks you had people say horrible things to you. People can be real jerks, you and your partner shouldn't have to put up with crap like that.

As for Sonic Youth, it does sound good. I'll google and give em a listen when I can.

But not to as get too of topic, my controversial opinion for today is that pie is better then cake.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I never learned how to use a manual transmission. And I don't care to learn either. There! I said it!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I never learned how to use a manual transmission. And I don't care to learn either. There! I said it!
    I wouldn't sweat it.

Will electric cars(or the cars that eventually fly) be largely manual?

Th X-Men recruited the wrong Rasputins.

Maybe is a little annoying learn how to use the clutch but in my opinion you enjoy driving a car much more in the end. Well, until you are in the middle of a huge traffic.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 02-13-2017 at 03:39 AM.

I learnt to drive with a car with manual transmission, after that i totally forgot about and i have been driving cars with automatic transmission, the last time i tried a manual car i almost crashed against a wall.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    Maybe is a little annoying learn how to use the clutch but in my opinion you enjoy driving a car much more in the end. Well, until you are in the middle of a huge traffic.
    And I live in a city where there's plenty of that. So, a manual is useless to me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I couldn't drive stick until I bought my first car as an adult. Then I had to learn right away to drive it. I was somehow convinced at the time that I just HAD to drive stick. Anyway, I had that car for almost 10 years before it died. I went back to automatic. However, the "gear shift" to change between P/D/N etc is in the same spot as the actual gear shift on the manual car. I still occasionally grab it like I'm supposed to change gears, even though I'm not. Kind of a muscle memory or something I guess.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

So much demagoguery in the thread. Impressive.
    And who exactly are you aiming this at, specifically?
    If you have got something to say, about what someone else has said, why not quote them directly and address it?
    Or would that make you not edgy enough?
    I don't know.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Also, to keep on topic with this thread, my controversial opinion is: The Beatles did not invent rock and roll. Neither did Elvis.
    Sister Rosetta Tharpe did.
    She just does not get quite the massive credit for it because she was a black woman.
    But make no mistake, that woman was incredibly talented, and was rocking and rolling long before The Beatles or Elvis.

I really, really dislike peanuts or any kind or nuts, no because i am allergic just because i dont like the taste, which bring me to this comment i dislike some middle east dishes because they add nuts, for example the put nuts in the rice or they mix it with the meat.

All-New Member

I detest driving. It's awful. A pointless skill that will be dead in a few decades. Every time my other half asks me to learn, because we live rurally and have a kid now I still believe it's pointless, unnecessary and wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    And who exactly are you aiming this at, specifically?
    If you have got something to say, about what someone else has said, why not quote them directly and address it?
    Or would that make you not edgy enough?
    I don't know.
    Funny. If you think I say this for someone in particular, maybe is because you recognize how the demagoguery works and maybe you saw it in other comments. So, in the end indirectly, you validates my point.

People uses demagoguery all the time, even if they don't are conscious of this. We make that mistake sooner or later, it's pretty common and doesn't mean that our arguments are invalid. But it's not a good idea abuse of that because people acknowledge this and in the end our arguments don't take seriously.

It's just an advice.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 02-13-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Funny. If you think I say this for someone in particular, maybe is because you recognize how the demagoguery works and maybe you saw it in other comments. So, in the end indirectly, you validates my point.

People uses demagoguery all the time, even if they don't are conscious of this. We make that mistake sooner or later, it's pretty common and doesn't mean that our arguments are invalid. But it's not a good idea abuse of that because people acknowledge this and in the end our arguments don't take seriously.

It's just an advice.
    Whose argument, though?
    Holy crap. What are you talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewildered View Post
    I detest driving. It's awful. A pointless skill that will be dead in a few decades. Every time my other half asks me to learn, because we live rurally and have a kid now I still believe it's pointless, unnecessary and wasteful.
    Ouch, sad to read that. I love driving. I must say, I have the bad habit to begin to run with the car when the roads allows it, so I must controll myself. In my defense, I only had an accident in my life, a minor accident, and was the fault of the other driver.