Page 222 of 439 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 6583

Wasn't there a Transformers fan who was pretty infamous for his screeds on how the Decepticons were the real heroes and the Autobots were the bad guys?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand that or those who like the villains better than the heroes.
    I'm not one of those people who likes villains better than heroes but I don't think that is a bad thing so long as you know the villains are villains.

I think that the first three Indiana Jones are better than the original Star Wars trilogy.
    indianajonesfeature.jpg
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    I think that the first three Indiana Jones are better than the original Star Wars trilogy
    If it wasn't for that awful temple of doom movie i would have agreed with that.

But even with all the ewoks and boring first act, return of the jedi is still stronger in my opinion than the second Indy movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Joe Quesada is hugely wrong saying that General Zod is the true hero of Man of Steel.
    If Zod had set off his creation engine planetary terraforming gizmo on *Venus,* and then sheparded the rebirth of his race, then, maybe (assuming he didn't lord it over them as god-emperor and purge any who disagreed with him, which sounds kinda like him...). But as depicted? Heck, no.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

I think that the first three Indiana Jones are better than the original Star Wars trilogy.
    indianajonesfeature.jpg
    Yeah, Indiana Jones is better than Han Solo.

Boisterously Confused

indianajonesfeature.jpg
    Yikes, that's a tough one. I think I prefer Raiders of the Lost Ark over any of the SW franchise films, but I never felt like Lucas or Spielberg ever again took Indiana Jones as seriously as they did in his inaugural outing. Not to say the first film was grim, but it balanced adventure, fantasy and humor a bit more judiciously than anything in its franchise that followed. To me, Raiders remains the perfect adventure film.

Were as many consider the second SW feature the best of the franchise. I consider the second Indy film the weakest. And there is great derision for the fourth. Perhaps why the franchise is not considered as strong.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Were as many consider the second SW feature the best of the franchise. I consider the second Indy film the weakest. And there is great derision for the fourth. Perhaps why the franchise is not considered as strong.
    Temple of Doom is a pretty good movie - the problem is that it is sandwiched between two GREAT films, making it the weakest of the initial three.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Harlem Globetrotters should have played games against NBA teams.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Harlem Globetrotters should have played games against NBA teams.
    Pretty sure all it would take is once to realize why this isn't a thing. Any NBA team would destroy the Globetrotters and there wouldn't be the fun.

Hmm... maybe the Knicks...
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-07-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Though it would have been fun to see an NBA team play them in a Globtrotters type of game.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Though it would have been fun to see an NBA team play them in a Globtrotters type of game.
    It kind of begs the question: who were those chumps the Globetrotters were routinely embarrassing in their exhibitions?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It kind of begs the question: who were those chumps the Globetrotters were routinely embarrassing in their exhibitions?
    The Generals, a name now available to another Washington team.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Temple of Doom is a pretty good movie - the problem is that it is sandwiched between two GREAT films, making it the weakest of the initial three.
    Temple just doesn't want to be the 1st movie and covers different pulp tropes. Yes, its darker but also much better than crusade. Crusade is where the cracks really show. There's no 4th Indy.

You don't need to watch the news everyday. Or ever really.

The real important events, you're going to hear about them anyway sooner or later, at work or whatever.