Page 71 of 440 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 6586
    BANNED

Toss up between the Beatles and the Stones, probably.

I prefer Queen to either of them, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If you have to listen to something for years until you can finally convince yourself that you like it, then something is wrong there.
    I couldn't disagree more. Tastes change. People become more appreciative of some qualities and less tolerant of others.

Your opinion later in life is no more or less valid than your opinion when you're young.

I've hated blue cheese for most of my life, but am beginning to appreciate it. It doesn't mean that there's something wrong with it to have taken me so long to like it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Tastes change. People become more appreciative of some qualities and less tolerant of others.

Your opinion later in life is no more or less valid than your opinion when you're young.

I've hated blue cheese for most of my life, but am beginning to appreciate it. It doesn't mean that there's something wrong with it to have taken me so long to like it.
    Unquestionably right. For example, I used to literally get nauseated by the smell of peanut butter as a kid, but I can eat it out of the jar happily today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Toss up between the Beatles and the Stones, probably.

I prefer Queen to either of them, personally.
    Freddie Mercury was THE frontman of all rock and roll frontmen. No one will EVER come close to replicating his magic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Heather Antos leaves Marvel for a higher position in Esports and some fans are acting as if Saddam Hussien has been captured...or I guess more appropriately, Nixon resigned. I'm just shaking my damn head...

American perspective of their politics is a poison for social media in general around the world, there is this fringe groups of partisian followers that the only thing they want is to defeat ideological (sometimes physical) the other side, that why i stopped following a lot of the political side of twitter and started focus on more people in my region who do art.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    American perspective of their politics is a poison for social media in general around the world, there is this fringe groups of partisian followers that the only thing they want is to defeat ideological (sometimes physical) the other side, that why i stopped following a lot of the political side of twitter and started focus on more people in my region who do art.
    It seems with each president elected the other side tries to outdo each other in how toxic they can be. It seems it all started when Bill Clinton beat George Bush sr. The right was incensed that GB 1 only got one
    term and spent the next 8 years trying to tear down BC. Then when George W. Bush got elected it was the left's turn to get revenge because they felt Al Gore was cheated out of the election, and did win the
    popular vote. So when Barrack Obama got elected it was the right's turn. Didn't help that he is a black man. Now it's trump's turn. Some of it is deserved, but it gets old quickly.

That's some false equivalency horse droppings right there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's some false equivalency horse droppings right there.
    For example?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It seems with each president elected the other side tries to outdo each other in how toxic they can be. It seems it all started when Bill Clinton beat George Bush sr. The right was incensed that GB 1 only got one
    term and spent the next 8 years trying to tear down BC. Then when George W. Bush got elected it was the left's turn to get revenge because they felt Al Gore was cheated out of the election, and did win the
    popular vote. So when Barrack Obama got elected it was the right's turn. Didn't help that he is a black man. Now it's trump's turn. Some of it is deserved, but it gets old quickly.
    I think that it, Trump, with how big social media is today and how connect everyone is, the reaction in social media of Trump campaign and election is going to become the new normal.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If you have to listen to something for years until you can finally convince yourself that you like it, then something is wrong there.
    Yeah, because our tastes in things NEVER change as we mature do they?

Enjoy your Alphabetti Spaghetti and episode of 'Sesame Street' tomorrow.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, because our tastes in things NEVER change as we mature do they?

Enjoy your Alphabetti Spaghetti and episode of 'Sesame Street' tomorrow.
    Don't forget your animal crackers, too!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Don't forget your animal crackers, too!
    And then there's always this enduring classic. I'm sure that this is part of the soundtrack of all our lives:

Mighty Member

Hermits who live and thrive off the grid are the only true libertarians.

Humanity will be happier on average should we evolve beyond the need for a physical civilization/society and unavoidable exploitation that occurs in such. The only social aspect that should evolve is a neural telepathic information, sensory, and muscle memory sharing network that functions like the internet which each of us can choose to switch on and off at any time.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 03-15-2018 at 11:48 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

It's easier for people to get behind social movements involving gender equality than it is racial equality, Congresswoman Barbara Lee pretty much admitted this a couple of years ago. A good example is the #MeToo movement versus #BlackLivesMatter.