Page 167 of 440 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Probably not a controversial opinion these days, but foodies are the absolute worst. Food snobbery was tolerable when it was just confined to fancy stuff, but now it has apparently spread to basically everything. At least the people who go around collecting Michelin stars are honest about their motives, but anyone who tries to tell me what kind of burger or pizza I am or am not allowed to eat can go **** right off.
    There are places I'd recommend to people, but I don't tell people what not to eat unless it's incredibly unhealthy (diabetics shouldn't be eating super sized sundaes) or.....pineapple on pizza. I used to work for a company whose head manager was in love with the things, and he pulled rank anytime pizza was ordered and we always had too much of the vile stuff. If you didn't get there early, you would be calling for delivery a second time, and no matter how many times we had several untouched pizzas (all with pineapple) left over, he steadfastly refused to accept that it was because very few people like them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Here in England, yellow mustard is probably "English Mustard" - proper blow your head off hard stuff!

The brown is more likely the French stuff which is really mild.
    In the US, yellow mustard is the industrial mild stuff. It's brown mustard that has a bit of a kick. None of that has the "blow your head off" qualities you describe that make me yearn to revisit your island nation.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    The Democrats are centrist. What you need is a left wing party.
    LMAO

You've been drinking the kool aid if you think the dems are centrist.

Here is a video of Bill Clinton when he was president talking about the dangers of illegal immigration. Its no different than the things Trump is saying today. Clinton is also the one who first banned gays in the military and signed the defense of marriage act which prohibited gays from marrying. What has changed is the the democrats have sprinted to the extreme left and pulled the right with them to the point that what used to be liberal is now mainstream conservative while the left has gone lunatic fringe. I can also give you links to Hilary Clinton calling black teen males "super predators" and her saying as recently as 2013 that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.

I've never voted republican in my life and my views haven't really changed much in the last 25 years but because of how far the left the dems have gone I'm suddenly finding myself closer aligned to republicans than democrats on many issues. And I say that as someone who was pro gay marriage back in 92 (I voted for Bill Clinton because he promised during his campaign he'd fight for gays and then betrayed the LGBT movement) and has felt marijuana should be legalized and other drugs decriminalized sice the 90's.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c47745...on-immigration

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    LMAO

Here is a video of Bill Clinton when he was president talking about the dangers of illegal immigration. Its no different than the things Trump is saying today. Clinton is also the one who first banned gays in the military and signed the defense of marriage act which prohibited gays from marrying. What has changed is the the democrats have sprinted to the extreme left and pulled the right with them to the point that what used to be liberal is now mainstream conservative while the left has gone lunatic fringe. I can also give you links to Hilary Clinton calling black teen males "super predators" and her saying as recently as 2013 that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.

I've never voted republican in my life and my views haven't really changed much in the last 25 years but because of how far the left the dems have gone I'm suddenly finding myself closer aligned to republicans than democrats on many issues. And I say that as someone who was pro gay marriage back in 92 (I voted for Bill Clinton because he promised during his campaign he'd fight for gays and then betrayed the LGBT movement) and has felt marijuana should be legalized and other drugs decriminalized sice the 90's.

Nice to know somebody here has common sense. Nobody who can analyze what's happening without bias can deny the huge swing to the left of the Democrat party. They are supposed to be working for the people (all the people), not pursuing vendettas against a President because they dislike him. Since 2016, half of the country has become unhinged, and the elected representatives continually fan the flames. Their sole purpose seems to be making Trump's life miserable and ruin his presidency. Doesn't seem to matter if the country goes to hell in the meantime, if they can just pin something on him. They should be ashamed of themselves at the least. They don't even try to disguise their motives anymore.

LMAO

Homosexuality had been grounds for discharge in the military since about the time of the American Revolution. In the 1980's the US Navy spent millions of dollars on a manhunt for some woman named "Dorothy" who was friends with too many gay people (I'll let the hilarity of that sink in for those who can figure it out), hoping she could out them for discharge. All that happened well before Clinton was president. Don't Ask, Don't Tell was a flawed policy, but it was actually a step forward - before it was signed, the military would actively try to discover if anyone was homosexual, and then discharge them for it.

Clinton also was a founding member of the Democratic Leadership Council, which was considered a centrist group. Clinton represented a centrist shift from Democratic politics at the time.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-27-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Homosexuality had been grounds for discharge in the military since about the time of the American Revolution. In the 1980's the US Navy spent millions of dollars on a manhunt for some woman named "Dorothy" who was friends with too many gay people (I'll let the hilarity of that sink in for those who can figure it out), hoping she could out them for discharge. All that happened well before Clinton was president. Don't Ask, Don't Tell was a flawed policy, but it was actually a step forward - before it was signed, the military would actively try to discover if anyone was homosexual, and then discharge them for it.

Clinton also was a founding member of the Democratic Leadership Council, which was considered a centrist group. Clinton represented a centrist shift from Democratic politics at the time.
    I worded it poorly because as you said gays were already banned. 1992 was the first presidential election I was old enough to vote in and I took it seriously and wanted to vote. Though I'm not gay I even then felt it was the civil rights issue of my generation and fully supported gays being able to serve in the military and felt they should be able to marry. My first real exposure to Clinton promises were when he went on a town hall type thing that MTV (they were big into trying to drive the youth vote back then) hosted for him. In it Clinton was asked point blank about gays and he promised he'd allow gays to serve openly in the military and he promised to allow them to marry. Well we all saw how that worked out when he effectively continued the ban with Don't Ask Don't Tell and then even worse he signed the Defense of Marriage Act which banned gays from being able to marry. His wife was still arguing against gays marrying until 2013. I felt completely betrayed by the Clintons and its part of the reason I despise them both now and why I voted 3rd party last election - Donald Trump was too awful to vote for but there was no way I'd vote for a Clinton again after what Bill did.

I worded it poorly because as you said gays were already banned. 1992 was the first presidential election I was old enough to vote in and I took it seriously and wanted to vote. Though I'm not gay I even then felt it was the civil rights issue of my generation and fully supported gays being able to serve in the military and felt they should be able to marry. My first real exposure to Clinton promises were when he went on a town hall type thing that MTV (they were big into trying to drive the youth vote back then) hosted for him. In it Clinton was asked point blank about gays and he promised he'd allow gays to serve openly in the military and he promised to allow them to marry. Well we all saw how that worked out when he effectively continued the ban with Don't Ask Don't Tell and then even worse he signed the Defense of Marriage Act which banned gays from being able to marry. His wife was still arguing against gays marrying until 2013. I felt completely betrayed by the Clintons and its part of the reason I despise them both now and why I voted 3rd party last election - Donald Trump was too awful to vote for but there was no way I'd vote for a Clinton again after what Bill did.
    That's one of the sad things with politics - good ideas can be beaten down and a half-measure can be forced. Here's the wikipedia page on the topic - including some tidbits on how heavy and sneaky the opposition to lifting the ban was at the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

LMAO

Well, when I said that I was thinking more of Obama. Democrats seem to range from centrist to right, and Republicans from right to extreme right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Nice to know somebody here has common sense. Nobody who can analyze what's happening without bias can deny the huge swing to the left of the Democrat party. They are supposed to be working for the people (all the people), not pursuing vendettas against a President because they dislike him. Since 2016, half of the country has become unhinged, and the elected representatives continually fan the flames. Their sole purpose seems to be making Trump's life miserable and ruin his presidency. Doesn't seem to matter if the country goes to hell in the meantime, if they can just pin something on him. They should be ashamed of themselves at the least. They don't even try to disguise their motives anymore.
    They're pursuing Trump precisely because the country is going to hell.

Mighty Member

Cracking up at the idea that general democratic leadership is far or extreme left.

Also laughing at the idea that holding a president accountable is bad for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Cracking up at the idea that general democratic leadership is far or extreme left.

Also laughing at the idea that holding a president accountable is bad for the country.
    You've been trying to oust him since before he was even inaugurated. People were screaming that the Electoral College needed to be abolished, and just go by the popular vote this time. When it was apparent that wouldn't happen, you called for the electors to disregard what their states voted for and award the election to Hillary. This **** was in the first few days after the election. It's only gotten more desperate ever since, and it's all your party can seem to concentrate on. The people you vilify who voted for Trump are just as passionate about being right as you are. They aren't stupid, uneducated, racist hicks. They are mostly people pissed off about the same things you are, but with a different idea about priorities. A few outliers don't represent them. Just because there isn't much of a presence here, don't be fooled. CBR has a rep as a left leaning site and functions as an echo chamber for the same old users who have been here forever. Why post something the hive doesn't agree with, knowing you'll be attacked (like I will be)? Keep digging for dirt on Trump, and watch him win in a landslide in 2020. I know it doesn't matter to his detractors how successful the economy gets, or anything he's able to get done, because you're all completely blinded with your hate of him.

Mighty Member

Trump won, won't be impeached and will likely win again. You should be a happy camper.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 05-01-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You've been trying to oust him since before he was even inaugurated. People were screaming that the Electoral College needed to be abolished, and just go by the popular vote this time. When it was apparent that wouldn't happen, you called for the electors to disregard what their states voted for and award the election to Hillary. This **** was in the first few days after the election. It's only gotten more desperate ever since, and it's all your party can seem to concentrate on. The people you vilify who voted for Trump are just as passionate about being right as you are. They aren't stupid, uneducated, racist hicks. They are mostly people pissed off about the same things you are, but with a different idea about priorities. A few outliers don't represent them. Just because there isn't much of a presence here, don't be fooled. CBR has a rep as a left leaning site and functions as an echo chamber for the same old users who have been here forever. Why post something the hive doesn't agree with, knowing you'll be attacked (like I will be)? Keep digging for dirt on Trump, and watch him win in a landslide in 2020. I know it doesn't matter to his detractors how successful the economy gets, or anything he's able to get done, because you're all completely blinded with your hate of him.
    Exactly what do you get out of supporting Trump, other than "owning the libs"? This brings me back to something I saw on Facebook:

"There are two kinds of Trump supporters: billionaires and idiots. Check your bank account to see which one you are."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Controversial Opinion: People who believe being attacked for their opinions/beliefs vindicates those feelings are delusional.

They seem to have a deep enough interest in those priorities that they're willing to overlook just about any level of awful behaviour, language or legistlation.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe