Page 251 of 440 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6587
    Invincible Member

I'm happy to be seeing more mixed race families in TV commercials. Especially black female/white male couples.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm happy to be seeing more mixed race families in TV commercials. Especially black female/white male couples.
    And gay couples too. The people who find this controversial should get over it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Endlessly bitching about something you claim to have no interest in just makes you look pathetic. "Being interested in a train wreck for entertainment" just makes you look even more pathetic.

Progress has definitely been made in that regard but it would be nice to have more interracial couples where neither partner is a white person.

I do enjoy seeing this more. but I hate when it gets goofy. There is an ad for a local company that was accused of being racially insensitive. So two months later they have an ad with a Latino mother, Black father and pale white casper kid. I am glad to see the mixed race family most of the time. Just not when it it pandering so damn bad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I LOATHE that Geico ad with the black dude who is half man half-motorcycle on the treadmill in the gym.

Just a total **** YOU to everyone else while he farts out God knows how much carbon monoxide and then he takes a **** on the dude who tells him he's used up his allotted time on the treadmill.

Talk about being tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpLutz View Post
    I LOATHE that Geico ad with the black dude who is half man half-motorcycle on the treadmill in the gym.

Just a total **** YOU to everyone else while he farts out God knows how much carbon monoxide and then he takes a **** on the dude who tells him he's used up his allotted time on the treadmill.

Talk about being tone deaf.
    Tell it to the rain.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I grew up in we knew who the fancy punks were, the ones who thought they were better then us with their GI joe Lunch Boxes
    Kids can turn anything into this, though. Like whenever someone came up with some new slang that only the cool kids said or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Tell it to the rain.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

I hate how Disney villains often die at the end of their movies despite not being killed by the heroes. Basically, they want to get rid of the villain while keeping the heroes' hands clean. It's hypocritical.

The evil AI trope is so overrated. It's even less believable than the omniscient villain trope that Aizen is a part of. Why are the AIs so evil in a human way? Why do they always reach the conclusion "neutralize all humans"?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hate how Disney villains often die at the end of their movies despite not being killed by the heroes. Basically, they want to get rid of the villain while keeping the heroes' hands clean. It's hypocritical.

The evil AI trope is so overrated. It's even less believable than the omniscient villain trope that Aizen is a part of. Why are the AIs so evil in a human way? Why do they always reach the conclusion "neutralize all humans"?
    Looking at the State of the Earth, its only logical.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-16-2021 at 08:27 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Following on Fox was the dumbest crime drama ever. And it hurts to say that because I have loved Kevin Bacon since he danced his angry little heart out in Footloose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Looking at the State of the Earth, its only logical.
    I've been tempted to blow up the Earth as well, but no AI can reach that conclusion without it being programmed at some point in time, and what d*mb*ss thought that would be a good idea to add to an AI?!
    Last edited by PCN24454; 02-16-2021 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Being smart usually makes you risk-averse, so simple things like physical assault or even shootings are probably going to come from less intelligent folk. Heat-of-the-moment types. But the revenge as a dish best served cold types are probably going to be smarter, and scarier for it.
    I think being too smart was always I found really dangerous and quite risk adverse because you're not as prone to just simply following orders from some self anointed "authority" figure, as if things were that simple in reality. I mean my whole life my propensity and ability for deep thought, contemplation and analysis was treated like mental illnesses, so I wish I took school way more serious because the world was seriously dangerous to me as a result of not being a well-to-do and easy, compliant disposable pawn. But I have often not been able to be certain if it's always been intelligence and maybe some other innate qualities as I have always had quite firmly established or ingrained values and virtues, with my quest for meaning and truth being quite important to me.

But then I have wondered exactly how much of our inclinations as genuine or earnest seeming as they are still do not originate or derive somehow from our more natural inclined tendencies and we are mainly products of own natures and that's somehow mostly what it is. I am somewhat individualistic but also communal as well and found that this potentially is unfortunately and probably a driving motivation factor in my behaviour or choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think "street smarts" is used for people who might not be highly educated
    I always hear street smarts and book smarts used as mutual exclusives. But I am not sure I agree with that.