Page 407 of 439 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 6583
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Listen to Swift's "You Belong to Me" back to back with Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know." Both have seemingly lost the same guy to the other one.
    Oh, I thought that was just me who thought this.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I try not to listen to too many of his songs. But in fairness to what I have said I will have to look it up.
    He's an excellent guitar player, but his actual music is mid af, as the kids say.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The hatred in the movie Avatar is very nonsensical.
    The criticism that it's not an original movie isn't false because it's obvious it's the same style story as Dances with Wolves except in a Science Fiction world that has blue humanoid protagonists, and the Military is the antagonists.
    It's very freakin inane to be hating on Avatar for the reason it's not an original movie because that same criticism can be said for the Star Wars movies, Robocop, and multiple other movies that are reusing familiar fiction with variations.

Invincible Member

Well, for what it's worth...alot of ppl out there hate those things as well.

Rejections/Nos don't need to be followed by explanations or justification. Because it feels like people just ask for them so that they can argue about it.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Invincible Member

The ads for the new Wes Anderson movie hurt my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The criticism that it's not an original movie isn't false because it's obvious it's the same style story as Dances with Wolves except in a Science Fiction world that has blue humanoid protagonists, and the Military is the antagonists.
    It's very freakin inane to be hating on Avatar for the reason it's not an original movie because that same criticism can be said for the Star Wars movies, Robocop, and multiple other movies that are reusing familiar fiction with variations.
    What baffles me about the movie Avatar is that it broke all sorts of records and still somehow managed to not leave a single mark in pop culture. Nobody quotes it, there's no popular memes from it, no parodies, it seems most people can't even remember any of the characters names or lines of dialogue from it at all.

It just appeared, made all sorts of money, and disappeared without anybody caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What baffles me about the movie Avatar is that it broke all sorts of records and still somehow managed to not leave a single mark in pop culture. Nobody quotes it, there's no popular memes from it, no parodies, it seems most people can't even remember any of the characters names or lines of dialogue from it at all.

It just appeared, made all sorts of money, and disappeared without anybody caring.
    The first Avatar was a great ground breaking movie. And while the second is also a great movie I think it falls more under the category of "Been There Done that."

People were excited for it but it does not have the impact the first one had.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

It's a very paint-by-numbers sci-fi story that everyone's seen before. James Cameron even literally described it as "Dances With Wolves, in space". If you've watched a western, 90s blockbuster, sci-fi movie, etc, you've watched Avatar. White dude gets native girl and saves the world, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The first Avatar was a great ground breaking movie. And while the second is also a great movie I think it falls more under the category of "Been There Done that."

People were excited for it but it does not have the impact the first one had.
    Funny enough, I actually thought the opposite. The second movie takes more risks and has some non-cliche ideas, like Quaritch's mind-clone and the relationship with the original Quaritch's son. I really liked how a lot more morally gray he and his team were, instead of being pure mustache-twirling villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I'm afraid I fall in the camp of giving it 1 star. It was terrible; nothing to do with the Dances with Wolves (1990) parallels (who cares about that, most plots are inspired by other work?); but because it's just depthless uninspired souless CGI rubbish. When dialogue makes Sigourney Weaver seem bad... you know there's an issue.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

People who go to prison don't 'deserve' to be raped and/or assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    People who go to prison don't 'deserve' to be raped and/or assaulted.
    Oh, ewwwww; please tell me this doesn't count as controversial!!! Anyone who thinks that ANYONE (regardless of any factors) 'deserve' that is... just not a good person.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh, ewwwww; please tell me this doesn't count as controversial!!! Anyone who thinks that ANYONE (regardless of any factors) 'deserve' that is... just not a good person.
    As someone who lived in prison for four years I can tell tyou there are a whole slew of people who think this. From people on the street, to other inmates, and even the Correction Officers.

And sadly I have seen it more then once.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How many shows make jokes about prison rape? That people don't deserve to be raped merely because they are in prison shouldn't be controversial, but a look at society says otherwise. And with that depressing thought, I'm off to work.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Oh, ewwwww; please tell me this doesn't count as controversial!!!
    I could tell you that, but I'd have to lie.