Page 211 of 226 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3383
  1. #3151
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ^^Because "geek" culture is fucking dumb.



    Because politicians decided to weaponize our opinions so we'd fight each other, instead of them.
    Many politicians do this, not all of them. Politicians are a vital part in how our society functions, and if you do manage to take them away all you'll end up with is leadership from another group of people with the same purpose.

  2. #3152
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's a lame attempt at a "gotcha" or "oh look how out of touch celebrities are". Some people love to criticize celebrities as long as those celebrities are liberal. Of course, when those celebrities express conservative views, they love them.
    It's like hypocrites calling out others for being hypocrites. Makes me think of the Purge--where everyone turns against each other for perceived transgressions both great and small. When what we should be doing is supporting each other, since we're all faced with the same existential threat.
    Th-th-th-that's all folks!

  3. #3153
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's like hypocrites calling out others for being hypocrites. Makes me think of the Purge--where everyone turns against each other for perceived transgressions both great and small. When what we should be doing is supporting each other, since we're all faced with the same existential threat.
    The purge is such a dumb idea. As a silly horror movie sure its ok. But in any non-plot driven world America would burn to the ground (because no fire services and Arson isnt exactly picky) or br destroyed by coordinated terrorist attacks (no legal issues for a night ? Smuggle a nuke into the USA)

  4. #3154
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    I love Kenny Rodgers. I loved listening to him as a child with my mother. I am sad he is dead. But if I hear one more person tell me that the song The Gambler is a metaphor for life like they are revealing some profound world truth I am going to go nuts.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

    Pull List - Lois Lane, Amazing Mary Jane, Black Cat, Doctor Doom, Gwen Stacy, Jane Foster Valkyrie, Morbius Savage Avengers, Strike Force, Something Is Killing The Children


    Baby Blob's Comic Blog - https://sites.google.com/view/my-comic-journey/home Updates every Wednesday at 10 Am and Saturday at 7 Pm.

  5. #3155

    Default

    1 Americans habit of always mentioning incest in the same breath as rape when it comes to valid reasons for abortion is insulting to rape victims as the thought of incest being put on the same level as rape is both creepy and wrong not to mention oddly puritanical for a nation so accepting of homosexuality. Also no, not every child born out of incest looks like those failed science experiment in Alien Resurrection in fact children created by two distant relatives are often more healthy then children from normal household.
    2 The Ghost in the Shell live action film was honestly not that bad to be honest.
    3 Featherless Dromaeosaurus are not the worst inaccuracy when it comes to Dinosaurs.
    4 Venoms design from Spider-man 3 is allot better then the design from the 2018 Venom film. Venom looks better when his teeth are not so many that they look like baleen.
    5 TheMysteriousMrEnter is an incredible overhated youtube user and his detractors are honestly way worse than his fans.
    Last edited by Obeythemoderators; 04-22-2020 at 07:43 PM.

  6. #3156
    Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    1 Americans habit of always mentioning incest in the same breath as rape when it comes to valid reasons for abortion is insulting to rape victims as the thought of incest being put on the same level as rape is both creepy and wrong
    Most incest cases they are referring to are where dad, uncle, brother, or grandpa gets an underage family member pregnant. Thats called child molestation and I absolutely say thats worse than rape and its not even close. I'm in no way minimizing rape but with rape the vast majority of the time its going to be done by someone you aren't that close to. Maybe its a guy you just met and your on a first date. Maybe its some guy at a party you barely know who takes advantage of you when you drank too much. Or maybe its a stranger. Regardless though the sense of betrayal isn't going to be there like it is when your father is molesting you as he is the one who is supposed to protect you. So not only have you been raped because in reality child molestation is rape but you've also been betrayed at the ultimate level.

  7. #3157
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Most incest cases they are referring to are where dad, uncle, brother, or grandpa gets an underage family member pregnant. Thats called child molestation and I absolutely say thats worse than rape and its not even close. I'm in no way minimizing rape but with rape the vast majority of the time its going to be done by someone you aren't that close to. Maybe its a guy you just met and your on a first date. Maybe its some guy at a party you barely know who takes advantage of you when you drank too much. Or maybe its a stranger. Regardless though the sense of betrayal isn't going to be there like it is when your father is molesting you as he is the one who is supposed to protect you. So not only have you been raped because in reality child molestation is rape but you've also been betrayed at the ultimate level.
    Yeah, if incest were only Lazarus Long-like relationships between consenting adults that you find in later Robert Heinlein novels, that would be one thing (though still yucky to me ), but with a minor? Nope. If only Americans believe that (I doubt it), then I'm glad I live in the U.S. of A.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #3158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, if incest were only Lazarus Long-like relationships between consenting adults that you find in later Robert Heinlein novels, that would be one thing (though still yucky to me ), but with a minor? Nope. If only Americans believe that (I doubt it), then I'm glad I live in the U.S. of A.
    Except incest can be consensual so it strange to me that people refer to it as if it is always rape even if only statutory. By the way Poland allows abortions in the cases of rape but not incest so universally they are not always lumped together with each other but in most discussions coming from America they seem to be.

  9. #3159
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,721

    Default

    Has Game of Thrones given anyone ideas?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #3160
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Yes it can be consensual. But when I was in prison there was a fair amount of people who were in there because they abused family.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

    Pull List - Lois Lane, Amazing Mary Jane, Black Cat, Doctor Doom, Gwen Stacy, Jane Foster Valkyrie, Morbius Savage Avengers, Strike Force, Something Is Killing The Children


    Baby Blob's Comic Blog - https://sites.google.com/view/my-comic-journey/home Updates every Wednesday at 10 Am and Saturday at 7 Pm.

  11. #3161
    Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    Except incest can be consensual so it strange to me that people refer to it as if it is always rape even if only statutory. By the way Poland allows abortions in the cases of rape but not incest so universally they are not always lumped together with each other but in most discussions coming from America they seem to be.
    I don't have any hard fast figures but I imagine that for every adult consensual incest pregnancy that exists there are 999 where the adult family member raped the underage female in the family and got her pregnant.

    So I stand by the fact that incest is worse. Incest is almost always rape as well and its worse than regular rape because of who the offender is and the fact that victim has no escape from the next rape. If you get date raped thats horrible but you don't have wake up every day sleeping in the same house as your father who molests who knowing that he's going to do it again and again and again and again.

  12. #3162
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Primes? Really? Not on the same planet.
    Yeah they were also one of the biggest groups in Motown at the time. Its foolish to suggest otherwise.

  13. #3163
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Yeah they were also one of the biggest groups in Motown at the time. It’s foolish to suggest otherwise.
    Your talking about what they became? Then I see your point.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #3164
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,721

    Default

    Black Panther was a better movie than The Green Book.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #3165
    Mighty Member C_Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Black Panther was a better movie than The Green Book.
    IMO, 90% of Black Panther hate stems from how popular it became. It is one of few Marvel movies that tackles big themes with complexity. And yes, is FAR better than Green Book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •