Page 101 of 440 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 6586
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Recently finding it annoying that a lot of teenagers now think that living in the 1980s was a cool thing and like being like the characters from Pretty and Pink and the Breakfast club was what normal teens were like. Or that the late 90s teens had it way easier than they have it now. All I keep thinking is, wow since when did the 80s/ 90s become hip again? Outside of, you know, the animation aspect.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I still can't believe that the U.S. Government is not even trying to enlist Mutants into the military and CIA clandestine black ops, instead of persecuting and hunting them.

People with super powers are used as special operatives by governments for espionage or fighting crime in anime like Darker Than Black or Zettai Karen Children
    Not surprising as long as people can find a way to call them undesirable. Look at US services and African Americans in WW1 and 2, even after examples like the 10th Cavalry Regiment

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Recently finding it annoying that a lot of teenagers now think that living in the 1980s was a cool thing and like being like the characters from Pretty and Pink and the Breakfast club was what normal teens were like. Or that the late 90s teens had it way easier than they have it now. All I keep thinking is, wow since when did the 80s/ 90s become hip again? Outside of, you know, the animation aspect.
    Not sure, but I've seen a lot of tube socks and denim lately and its unnerving
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

What was wrong with the '90s?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Tom Green wrote a song about his ass and it topped the charts in the 90s.

A lot of really great bands topped the charts and changed the entire face of music in the '90s, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Not sure, but I've seen a lot of tube socks and denim lately and its unnerving
    Yeah, and snapps bracelets, hair scrunchies, grung in general. I actually found some girls shirts (I'm talking like 13 to 10) that had New Kids on the block, Nirvana, and Beasty Boys on the front. Recently saw a huge come back of Lisa Frank and other 90's things. My mind is just going through flips because I was a kid in the 80s and a teen in the 90s, so seeing teenagers thinking that they're being retro with wearing stuff that was new when I was younger is weird.

Oasis the band. Seriously Wonder Wall became the bane of my existence. So many bad shows mixed in with the good.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Tom Green wrote a song about his ass and it topped the charts in the 90s.
    Oh god, I remember that...I had to hear people tell me how cool Tom Green was in high school.

A lot of really great bands topped the charts and changed the entire face of music in the '90s, too.
    Yeah but there was also a ton of bad music as well. For every one good song, there was some horrible music, and the rise of the grunge music.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yeah but there was also a ton of bad music as well. For every one good song, there was some horrible music, and the rise of the grunge music.
    But that is true for any time period.

Grunge is not a genre of music. It was a blanket term to market Seattle bands.

Grunge saved the world from 80s Hair Bands. I'd take Nirvanna, Pearl Jam and Green Day (not Grunge, but Neo Punk) over the likes of Poison and Motley Crew any day.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Reed Richards has no appeal as a character. Marvel should kill him off and replace him with the Silver Surfer, after powering the Surfer down to a reasonable level.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Grunge saved the world from 80s Hair Bands. I'd take Nirvanna, Pearl Jam and Green Day (not Grunge, but Neo Punk) over the likes of Poison and Motley Crew any day.
    As more time elapses, I see less and less disparity, tbh.

Never asked to be saved from The Crue, frankly. \m/
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Some of us did, though!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

After a decade of greatness from Motley Crue, it was just time for a change. People just wanted more whiny, mopey tunes.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier