Page 102 of 439 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 6582

Life can't be all cherry pies!

Well, every rose must have it's thorn.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I still can't believe that the U.S. Government is not even trying to enlist Mutants into the military and CIA clandestine black ops, instead of persecuting and hunting them.

People with super powers are used as special operatives by governments for espionage or fighting crime in anime like Darker Than Black or Zettai Karen Children
    They did. This was the Peter David X-Factor and before that, Freedom Force ( disguised Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What was wrong with the '90s?!
    If I could relive the first half of the 90's I'd do it in a heartbeat with no regrets.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yeah, and snapps bracelets, hair scrunchies, grung in general. I actually found some girls shirts (I'm talking like 13 to 10) that had New Kids on the block, Nirvana, and Beasty Boys on the front. Recently saw a huge come back of Lisa Frank and other 90's things. My mind is just going through flips because I was a kid in the 80s and a teen in the 90s, so seeing teenagers thinking that they're being retro with wearing stuff that was new when I was younger is weird.

Oasis the band. Seriously Wonder Wall became the bane of my existence. So many bad shows mixed in with the good.

Oh god, I remember that...I had to hear people tell me how cool Tom Green was in high school.
    Oasis was good rip off of earlier Brit-Pop/Rock bands as opposed to bad rip offs. If that makes any sense. I actually really like Wonderwall.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Reed Richards has no appeal as a character. Marvel should kill him off and replace him with the Silver Surfer, after powering the Surfer down to a reasonable level.
    Marvel did kill him off, then they brought him back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well, every rose must have it's thorn.
    I've had a couple of beers...it's time to revive a certain music thread....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Marvel did kill him off, then they brought him back.
    If you come back to life, it doesn't count. And this is not only to kill him for keeps but to replace him with the SS.

Ultimate Member

If you come back to life, it doesn't count. And this is not only to kill him for keeps but to replace him with the SS.
    Well...we both know that's not going to happen.

Spider-Man's costume should have stayed red and black with webbing under the arms, as intended, dammit!!

BANNED

Well...we both know that's not going to happen.
    And the comic will keep sucking and not selling.

Ultimate Member

Who knows? The FF revamp is going to be coming soon and I know some fans are eager to see what Marvel does with it.

BANNED

Who knows? The FF revamp is going to be coming soon and I know some fans are eager to see what Marvel does with it.
    Hope always spring eternal among comics fans. But this is one concept that I think is thoroughly worn out. It needs something of the magnitude of replacing Reed with the Silver Surfer, and the SS needs to finally find a permanent gig.

BANNED

It's not like Silver Surfer comics set the charts ablaze with their massive sales figures...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not like Silver Surfer comics set the charts ablaze with their massive sales figures...
    Superheroes with godlike powers never successfully sell solo comics, no matter how many times DC and Marvel stubbornly try it again. But a reasonably powered down SS as a new team member would give the dog-eared old FF concept a jolt of adrenaline and would generate many story possibilities.