Page 112 of 441 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6606
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

If Tony Stark was a REAL person he wouldn't be liked, or trusted by the general public.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    If Tony Stark was a REAL person he wouldn't be liked, or trusted by the general public.
    I could see him enjoying a brief honeymoon period with most folks, and maintaining some diehard fawning fans. That said, after that brief period, you're right; we'd turn on him.

BANNED

That pretty much goes for every superhero except maybe the Punisher.

Today's controversial opinion is brought to you by some Yahoo entertainment schmuck who couldn't resist drawing a line between the current Roseann mess and the Paula Deen incident of past years.

The opinion: the whole Paula Deen mess was little more than the media's attempt to pile on a celebrity in order to say, "look what righteous souls we newspeople are!"

Yes, so righteous than few if any reporters mentioned that Lisa Jackson's suit against Deen, the one that made the deposition necessary, was thrown out of court with prejudice (meaning that the judge said it couldn't be tried again). And guess what little detail the Yahoo schmuck left out? Gowan; guess!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I agree, but can you explain why America, a place where the availablility to buy guns has always been a right, is only now having these random mass shootings?
    Easy- BOOK, MOVIE & TV RIGHTS.

How many movies or shows have we seen spotlight killers and shooters?

How many movies, tv shows and book deals have we seen be about some black boy being blown away by a cop?

How many movies on LIFETIME ALONE have featured a story about a woman being abused, getting revenge on a man or something else that actually happened?

That is part of the issue. Even if you kill the shooter-he has a FAMILY. SOMEONE looking for an EMMY nomination or Oscar nod-will find some way to do that story.

I've never seen a zero-tolerance policy that didn't create injustices. You should have sense enough to evaluate occurrences case-by-case, instead of posturing as a hard-ass and saying you'll take punitive measures no matter what the facts of the case might be.
    Also to add to the mass shootings is THIS.

Zero tolerance polices are just that ZERO TOLERANCE. No matter how much common sense should play into it.

Real life examples-

A kid found a knife on school grounds. He TOOK IT to the administrators. They suspended him for a week. That policy came into play. You know what Daddy had to say about it? He told his son-if find ANYTHING like that again-LEAVE IT. Let what happens HAPPEN.

A kid brings a ice pock to school. He is suspended. That policy came to play. Yet why did he bring it? BULLIES at school-who don't like the fact he's an A+ student. And yes he follow policy and reported them and nothing was done.

A kid is forever bullied and did everything to report it and nothing was done. He defends himself. He is EXPELLED. Another A+ student.

Now think if any of this happened to those shooters.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That pretty much goes for every superhero except maybe the Punisher.
    The Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner version of Superman might be liked and accepted by the general public. Seigle and Schuster's would not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner version of Superman might be liked and accepted by the general public. Seigle and Schuster's would not.
    Maybe. Up until he starts getting into bar fights with himself. Or massive earthquakes happen when he's around even if he didn't have anything to do with them. He was accepted because the script said he was accepted.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Maybe. Up until he starts getting into bar fights with himself. Or massive earthquakes happen when he's around even if he didn't have anything to do with them. He was accepted because the script said he was accepted.
    Very true. I reality, I don't believe any super-powered hero would be greeted universally with open arms, even if he or she had proven they were worthy of the honor.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

They'd be calling him a violent radical left wing thug. "Antifa!"

Boisterously Confused

Those examples aren't Donner's.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They'd be calling him a violent radical left wing thug. "Antifa!"
    True. At the same time, there'd be some worshiping him like a deity.

BANNED

Those examples aren't Donner's.
    The massive earthquake is from the first movie.

Boisterously Confused

The massive earthquake is from the first movie.
    You are correct.

That's all quite true. Air Force One just happens to get struck by lightning on Superman's first night of appearing publicly. What- a- coincidence. In a realistic scenario, there would be massive suspicion that he caused the accident in order to perform the rescue and be acclaimed and trusted.

And Lex Luthor causes an earthquake soon after Superman appears. I guess he needed more publicity to reinforce his public image as a hero and arranged this scheme with Luthor.

He would be worshiped and he would also be feared. Even setting aside plot requirements and contrivances, he would not be universally accepted.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    According to my conservative Aunt, if kids were forced to say the pledge and pray in school, we would have no more school shootings. So...
    Every time I hear someone say that melodramatic line, "They destroyed America when they stopped children from praying in school", I want to say, "Really? People can't pray in school? That's weird. I hear that people do it all the time. Oh, you mean the school can't lead it and make kids feel ostracized if they don't participate and make a public display of it. Here's an idea. Stop being mad because the school system can't do everything for you anymore. Get off your lazy @$$ and teach your kids your beliefs instead of wanting the school to do it for you. P.S. ""And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
    Power with Girl is better.