Page 114 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 6586
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Novels are the best storytelling medium for individual expression (One person one idea with comparatively little influence by other voices like the editor). Movies are the worst. Comics are usually somewhere in between.

Shape shifting would actually be a terrible power to have for most people, because even though we hate to admit it, most of us develop our sense of self identity based on our appearance.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Novels are the best storytelling medium for individual expression (One person one idea with comparatively little influence by other voices like the editor). Movies are the worst. Comics are usually somewhere in between.
    Totally agree, there's WAAAAYYY too much politics involved with mainstream Tv/Films. Novels are for the most part unparalleled creative freedom.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think Beyonce is INCREDIBLY overrated, and the only reason people like her is because she's a powerful black female celebrity. As a black woman i get that, but her music is very generic urban pop. She didn't become "woke" until it became "safe" for her to do so. It's also ironic to see so many black women praise a lightskin black woman as they're the ones usually complaining about the over exposure of them as black female representation.

I like J. Scott Campbell's artwork, and think it has a right to exist.

I feel like people really want the DCEU to be Marvel 2.0 in style and tone, and that makes me want to vomit tbh. Marvel is just safe popcorn superhero films. If DCEU goes that route i'm done with DC/Marvel films altogether.

Did this as a young teen and kid, that was just my tacky style. Mostly inspired by Punky Brewster, i just added some urban flair and sex appeal to it. Also it wasn't that drastic from normal Urban wear at the time (remember Cross Colours?). By the time of my late teens i looked like Fairuza Balk from The Craft but with splashes of red.
    I think Scott is really talented, his Danger Girl work was awesome. But I think in recent years, he's gotten away with handing in sloppy work.

If we're talking about "cheesecake" artists, I think Adam Hughes and Frank Cho are at the top. Terry and Rachel Dodson are probably B-Level.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The idea that we need to fix Washington is problematic since it implies that Washington is where power in our country resides. We live under a representational government. If the government is broken it’s because something in society is culturally broken. Top down societal shifts work in dictatorships because leaders aren’t accountable to anyone but themselves. But in our kind of government you get exactly what the majority vote for (or don’t vote for). Elected officials are rarely engines of change. They tend to be symptoms of societal shift not causes.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

If we're talking about "cheesecake" artists, I think Adam Hughes and Frank Cho are at the top. Terry and Rachel Dodson are probably B-Level.
    Speaking of, i REALLY like GOOD cheesecake artist, and i definitely think they have a right to exist. There i said it lol

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Perfect characters can work in a story. It really depends on the story however.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The idea that we need to fix Washington is problematic since it implies that Washington is where power in our country resides. We live under a representational government. If the government is broken it’s because something in society is culturally broken. Top down societal shifts work in dictatorships because leaders aren’t accountable to anyone but themselves. But in our kind of government you get exactly what the majority vote for (or don’t vote for). Elected officials are rarely engines of change. They tend to be symptoms of societal shift not causes.
    You speak my thoughts. Just better.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Whoever these large group of "SJWs" are I keep hearing about are, they don't seem to truly exist.
    I use the term as a kinda catch all to describe certain groups of people, I have been called a SJW many times before on the net. I feel that some people that would be considered "sjw's" can be just as toxic though, with their gas lighting and browbeating in regards to trying to censor or change something that's not to their taste in whatever work. Whether it be music, novels, comics, film etc...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Perfect characters can work in a story. It really depends on the story however.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Persons that blame McDonald's, Burger King, etc for becoming fat have no valid excuses, and only have themselves to blame for becoming fat.

They could easily find information that constantly eating fast food and not working out has a great price.
    No 1 forced them to constantly eat unhealthy fast food, and worse persons attempting to sue Burger King, McDonald's, etc encourages persons to scapegoat,and be irresponsible with persons aren't to blame for their owm mistakes or behavior.

I see that Kevin Costner's got a new film. I don't dislike him especially, but I've never thought he had much charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I see that Kevin Costner's got a new film. I don't dislike him especially, but I've never thought he had much charisma.
    Open Range, that's all I'm saying.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Open Range, that's all I'm saying.
    A Perfect World

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A Perfect World
    Also good. And Draft Day is underrated.

He has also done a few very fun movies the last few years, Criminal and Three days to Kill.

And he was very good in Hidden Figures.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Also, I totally spaced on Silverado. The guy completely holds his own in that movie. Which was a tall order.