Page 117 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I wonder why are the DINOs especially Senator Joe Manchin and Senator Heidi Heitkamp still in the Democratic Party and the RINOs especially Lincoln Chafee and Senator John McCain still in the Republican Party? If their political positions are different from that of their party, they need to move to the party that aligns with their political views. No party needs disloyal members.

In 2011 Senator Manchin was the only Democratic Senator to support the proposed Energy Tax Prevention Act, which sought to prohibit the United States Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gas.

Senator Heidi Heitkamp is one of the most pro-gun legislators and has voted on most of President Donald Trump's executive cabinet and judicial nominations.

Senator John McCain recently clashed with his party on the health care bill.
    Manchin and Heitkamp are Dems because they are able to win in conservative "Red" States. if they were to change parties, they would be to "liberal" to win in a GOP primary. A party that is mostly made of Tea Party/Trumpsters at this point.

McCain, for all his talk still votes straight GOP almost every time. The healthcare vote was an outlier.

Chafee currently is a Democrat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Not only is chili with beans delicious, so are apples in chicken salad (dried cranberries too)

Invincible Member

People need to stop titling clips "Ben Shaprio owns/destroys fill-in-the-blank".

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People need to stop titling clips "Ben Shaprio owns/destroys fill-in-the-blank".
    Kind of think that People need to stop titling clips " fill-in-the-blank owns/destroys fill-in-the-blank".
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

Some countries such as United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands and Japan have privatized post offices, so why can't the U.S. let their postal services be privatized?
    Services did NOT improve when we privatised out postal services. Same story with our public transportation.
    Privatisation is generally not a good thing when how much money you make of it is far less important than that it actually works well.

All-New Member

Henry Cavill is an innocent man.

Boisterously Confused

Some countries such as United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands and Japan have privatized post offices, so why can't the U.S. let their postal services be privatized?

There are some multi-billionaires in America who could afford to buy and maintain the United States Postal Service.

I understand that the United States Postal Service is losing revenue, due to the competition with FedEx and United Parcel Service (UPS). In 2016, the USPS had its fifth straight annual operating loss, in the amount of $5.59 billion.

The Postmaster General of the United States is the chief executive officer of the United States Postal Service. The United States Postmaster General's salary $276,840, a little higher than the U.S. Vice-President's salary. The Postmaster General is the second-highest paid U.S. government official, second only to the President of the United States.

Is it perhaps because the US Postal Service has over 600,000 employees? The USPS as of February 2015 has 617,254 active employees and operated 211,264 vehicles in 2014.

If that is so, then the Secretary of Defense should receive a salary equal to that of the Postmaster General. The Department of Defense not only has over 650,000 employees but is also in charge of the defense of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Services did NOT improve when we privatised out postal services. Same story with our public transportation.
    Privatisation is generally not a good thing when how much money you make of it is far less important than that it actually works well.
    Additionally, one of the reasons for the performance issues you mention is that The USPS is at a cost disadvantage. They are required (as they should be) to provide services at the same pricing scheme for every Zip-Code of The US, which would be one of the first things that a private firm would start sawing at. Rural America (you know, that place most of the food comes from?) has it tough enough already.

As Carabas says, there are some things that should not be assessed with the metrics of market commerce, unless the goal is to exploit as many as possible for the benefit of as few as possible. Too many of us in The US seem unable to wrap our heads around that concept (unless speaking of Defense).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Agreed.

So of course now our government is gradually privatising our national health service and our education system.

Invincible Member

Friggin' YouTube! I'm sure I'm not the only one considering the changes they've made with their algorithms, but once again I find I'm subscribed to some channel I have no interest in and did not seek out!

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Also, Go Go, Aunt Cass, Nani, and Esmeralda are borderline NSFW characters -- I'd include Meg but what she lacks in form she more than makes up for in attitude.

What makes you say that exactly?

Like Esmerelda I get, she's flirty, seductive at times and does the pole dance. Nani...wears Daisy Dukes ? Cass and Gogo are snarky ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    What makes you say that exactly?

Like Esmerelda I get, she's flirty, seductive at times and does the pole dance. Nani...wears Daisy Dukes ? Cass and Gogo are snarky ?
    All those dangerous curves -- but admittedly a lot of that is tradition, going back to before the days of Betty Boop, and paid full homage by Jessica Rabbit.

Also -- add Chel to the list.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-31-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Mighty Member

I think that women who are vocal about female characters getting 'fridged' (to this day, i still think the term is idiotic and one-sided. Try telling that to a Simone worshipper) but are silent when male characters get raped are hypocrites, in my honest opinion.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I think that women who are vocal about female characters getting 'fridged' (to this day, i still think the term is idiotic and one-sided. Try telling that to a Simone worshipper) but are silent when male characters get raped are hypocrites, in my honest opinion.
    Fridging doesn't deal with rape, and male characters are rapes what? Once per decade or so? People have topped being silent about it anyway quite some time back.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Chris Webber should apologize along with other Michigan athletwsthat accepted illegal benefits because more than 3 years later Michigan athletics suffered for his and other sins that they weren't responsible for.
    Otherwise persons have utterly logical valid fair reasons to dislike, loathe, or despise him and going to any Michigan games will continue to remind them of old awful wounds since he hasn't apologized.

Also the NCAA committee should give every ex Michigan athletes that suffered for Chris Webber's and others transgressions by giving them tickets to the Bahamas, Disney World and 10,000 bucks.

Nick Saban when he writes his autobiography book it'll be the whole truth and nothing but the truth that is delusional and bullcrap.

He said while still the head coach Of the Miami Dolphins he's not taking the Crimson Tide football head coach job.
    He left because ge accepted that job, so either he lied or changed his mind which makes the whole I'm not going to be tje Alabama coach that he said awful.
    He also left LSU, and Michigan State so if he says he didn't quit 3 jobs LSU, Miami Dolphins and Michigan State he's utterly lying.

Also persons are utterly delusional saying that the Pats didn't cheat with Spygate which yes they did it's egregious and invasive tactics in the same league as Watergate, and the whole unintelligent bullcrap other teams use those tactics is unfounded and unbelievable statements with 0 intelligent credible logical evidence.
    Yes other teams find signals in the legal moral ways including films of the games not by recording walk throughs and practices without those teams knowledges which is Watergate tactics.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie. It could take place on any other not a Holiday and still would have a movie and that can't be said for Miracle On 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, etc.

The focus of the movie is a group of Armed Thieves want to steal money, and move to the Safe Haven of a Islabd after stealing money from a Big Buisness Company, and John The reluctant hero has to defeat the armed thieves amd reunite with his wife after discovering how lucky he is.
    Christmas isn't the focus and still have a movie if Christmas was removed or if this took action movie happened on Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's day, or not a Holiday.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 08-03-2018 at 11:35 AM.