Page 124 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 6606

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    Good thing the US is a Constitutional Republic.
    Yes, it is a Constitutional Republic which chooses it's leaders through a democratic process.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    True, true.

Hell (haha), Hades isn't even supposed to be really an evil guy to begin with. (save for a little kidnapping but eh, who never abducted a woman in Greek mythology right?)

His bro Poseidon has a way worst temper.
    In some version Persephone isn't even a victim, but an accomplice partly already in love with Hades, and partly trying to escape her smothering mother Ceres.

Posiedon is possibly the worst in Greek myth, with Apollo being his main competition. Cursing someone's lineage because the girl refused to have sex with you? Skinning some guy because a third party compared thier music to yours (and winning that contest by inventing new rules on the spot)? Apollo checks most of the boxes.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Given Justice Ginsberg's age, all federal judges should have a mandatory retirement age. US military officers have a mandatory retirement age of 64 years.
    Most people go into the Military at around 20. Judges often don't get on the Court until their 50s.
    They are in no way comprable.
    Plus, we don't usually ask the Justices to complete pushup, sit-up, and 2-mile run tests to keep their job.

That said, I am with you Zetsubou. I'd say one term of no more than 10 years, with a possible 5 year extension if a president chooses to tap an Associate Justice to be Chief Justice. Same rule on the lower federal courts.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In some version Persephone isn't even a victim, but an accomplice partly already in love with Hades, and partly trying to escape her smothering mother Ceres.

Posiedon is possibly the worst in Greek myth, with Apollo being his main competition. Cursing someone's lineage because the girl refused to have sex with you? Skinning some guy because a third party compared thier music to yours (and winning that contest by inventing new rules on the spot)? Apollo checks most of the boxes.
    Don't forget the part where Apollo had a scorpion murder the only guy his twin sister could respect because he was incestuously jealous of Artemis' hots for Orion.

I feel, however, that The Olympian Scum Club seems incomplete without mentioning Ares. Pure psychopathy.

To go to the starter of this line, yeah, I think Hades gets a bad rap, especially among us comics fans, thanks to Kirby. If anything, he was probably the least objectionable of the three brothers. Just wanted to run his dark little corner of the family business efficiently, and in peace.

Invincible Member

People need to stop bringing up the fact that democrats formed the KKK as some sort of gotcha against the modern party. While it's technically true, we're talking about well over 100 yrs ago and the republicans and democrats were very different. The republican party at one time was in fact more liberal when it came to civil rights and most black people did vote republican, but that started to change roughly 50 yrs ago with things like Johnson and the voting rights act and then republicans initiating the "The Southern Strategy" to target right wingers.

I guarantee you that David Duke, Richard Spenser, etc are not voting for the dems next month.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Beer is VASTLY overrated as a beverage. There, I said it. I tried it once, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1977, absolutely HATED the taste and haven't touched the stuff since. However, I should point out that I don't like wine or spirits either, I've tried those and didn't like them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Beer is VASTLY overrated as a beverage. There, I said it. I tried it once, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1977, absolutely HATED the taste and haven't touched the stuff since. However, I should point out that I don't like wine or spirits either, I've tried those and didn't like them.
    Controversial beverage postings... "Hold my beer"

Moxie is the finest non-alcoholic beverage on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People need to stop bringing up the fact that democrats formed the KKK as some sort of gotcha against the modern party. While it's technically true, we're talking about well over 100 yrs ago and the republicans and democrats were very different. The republican party at one time was in fact more liberal when it came to civil rights and most black people did vote republican, but that started to change roughly 50 yrs ago with things like Johnson and the voting rights act and then republicans initiating the "The Southern Strategy" to target right wingers.

I guarantee you that David Duke, Richard Spenser, etc are not voting for the dems next month.
    If the Dems are still the party of the KKK, then why aren't we still fighting the British? It makes just as much sense.

Well, Hades is the Greek equivalent of Satan
    No, he's not.

Agreed on beer. Cider is much nicer.

I love me some red wine though.

Well, Hades is the Greek equivalent of Satan. That is why Hades was expected to be competing for the title of Most Evil Scummer In The Universe in other media.
    Not quite - while he does run the ancient Greek equivalent of Hell, he also runs it's equivalent of Heaven as well. I think it has to do with the Christian notion of Underworld = Evil more than any actual reading of the underlying myth.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Controversial beverage postings... "Hold my beer"

Moxie is the finest non-alcoholic beverage on this planet.

Moxie? I've never heard of that before. What is it like?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I never liked it either, but I'm oversensitive to anything bitter. And the most popular craft brew is the IPA - the most bitter kind out there (largely because overhopping stuff disguises bad brewing). My wife enjoys beer so long as it isn't mass brew stuff.

I do like rum drinks and a good mead, though. And ice wine.

Moxie? I've never heard of that before. What is it like?
    I'm unsure of the taste, but people react to it like licorice. It's either the best thing ever, or the factory needs to be burned down to cleanse the palate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm unsure of the taste, but people react to it like licorice. It's either the best thing ever, or the factory needs to be burned down to cleanse the palate.
    It's impossible to describe. In my experience one person in each generation of a family likes it and that like is actually love. It is truly the most polarizing beverage on the planet and that is a fact, not an opinion. I would like to see a seasoned wine taster try moxie and give their description of its flavor.