Page 127 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 6590

My wife is horribly addicted to the Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies that run from Nov till the end of the year. I tolerate her excess because it makes her happy, puts her in a "giving" mood & is completely harmless. I watched 3 of them with her back to back till I figured them all out.

Essentially they all the same movie with slightly different variations on locations, actors, motivations but they all end with the same pushing of strong Christian brainwashing techniques, that without "Christmas" your life is hollow, joyless & will end in darkness, sorrow & complete Satanic annihilation.

Happy Holidays to everyone & not just christians.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    My wife is horribly addicted to the Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies that run from Nov till the end of the year. I tolerate her excess because it makes her happy, puts her in a "giving" mood & is completely harmless. I watched 3 of them with her back to back till I figured them all out.

Essentially they all the same movie with slightly different variations on locations, actors, motivations but they all end with the same pushing of strong Christian brainwashing techniques, that without "Christmas" your life is hollow, joyless & will end in darkness, sorrow & complete Satanic annihilation.
    While I'm not as jaundiced about them as you seem to be , I do agree the films are essentially like the last one you saw. My parents are just addicted to them as your wife is - in fact, they even watch them during the summer when Hallmark as their "Christmas in July" programming. Now I'm a huge Christmas guy myself, but for me, it should only be during the Christmas season (from Santa appearing on 5th Avenue at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to New Years Day). As for holiday movies, I go with the classics and then maybe a new one if it seems worthwhile (though the latter appear to be a rarity - how many times can you invent the wheel?)
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My take on Hitchcock is 'Brilliant filmmaker, horrendous human being.'
    Definitely agree about the former, but I'm not as convinced about the latter (though some of the stories about him are pretty bad). Hitch certainly was a weird guy, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While I'm not as jaundiced about them as you seem to be , I do agree the films are essentially like the last one you saw. My parents are just addicted to them as your wife is - in fact, they even watch them during the summer when Hallmark as their "Christmas in July" programming. Now I'm a huge Christmas guy myself, but for me, it should only be during the Christmas season (from Santa appearing on 5th Avenue at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to New Years Day). As for holiday movies, I go with the classics and then maybe a new one if it seems worthwhile (though the latter appear to be a rarity - how many times can you invent the wheel?)
    The best thing I can attribute to The Satanic Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies, is that when they're on TV I feel the overwhelming urge to study my guitar amplifier repair workbooks.

The best thing I can attribute to The Satanic Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies, is that when they're on TV I feel the overwhelming urge to study my guitar amplifier repair workbooks.
    Heh. Yeah, I can definitely understand that response.

Hallmark Christmas time is great. It's the only time of year my Mom will watch anything but Hip-Hop Housewife reality TV. Anything but that crap is better for her.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Hallmark Christmas time is great. It's the only time of year my Mom will watch anything but Hip-Hop Housewife reality TV. Anything but that crap is better for her.
    I can't disagree with that. Reality TV is the newly-discovered Circle 10 of Dante's Hell, IMO.

Christmas movies broadcast anytime from Dec 26 through Thanksgiving Day, inclusive, should result in a license being yanked. If there's a war on Christmas, it's only because Christmas first advanced on Thanksgiving and Halloween. #XMASFIREDFIRST

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My take on Hitchcock is 'Brilliant filmmaker, horrendous human being.'
    He was a bit of an ass, yeah, but as we're seeing everyday Hollywood is hiding far, far worse than him.

Not sure if I ever put these opinions here, but:

Vaccination should be forced by law. (I think for practical reasons it can't be done, but morally I think it should be done)

No-one should have any right to refuse organ donation. Whatever reason you might have to want your organs used after your death is not as important as someone else's need to live. (As above, probably not practical, but morally right)

All adults should be allowed to vote. Even ones currently in prison, regardless of the crime. This is too important in a democracy, that nothing should be able to take it away.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Happy Holidays to everyone & not just christians.
    There are four and only four Christmas movies I watch and NEVER before December, they are:

12/21: A Christmas Carol (1951)
    12/22: A Christmas Carol (1984)
    12/23: A Christmas Carol (1999)
    12/24: It's A Wonderful Life
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Love, Actually" is my favorite Christmas movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There are four and only four Christmas movies I watch and NEVER before December, they are:

12/21: A Christmas Carol (1951)
    12/22: A Christmas Carol (1984)
    12/23: A Christmas Carol (1999)
    12/24: It's A Wonderful Life
    In my house it's A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We'll occasionally watch something else if it is available, like last year I finally got around to seeing Scrooged, and I want to get my wife (and her bad memories of Xmas retail work) to watch Jingle All The Way.

Invincible Member

I want to say this came up in the TV/Movie boards but Die Hard is sort of a X-Mas movie...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I want to say this came up in the TV/Movie boards but Die Hard is sort of a X-Mas movie...
    Not "sort of", Die Hard IS a Christmas movie, and one of the best!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!