Page 133 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 6593

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ok, I see what you're talking about now. I wouldn't blame it it on just Cathy...I think there was a generation that felt it was more important to be smart and clever than to draw well. These are people who like the idea of comics and satire and art, but don't what to be too closely associated with comics or cartoons. A lot of them don't even consider themselves as cartoonists. They think of themselves as "satirists" or "social critics".
    extrapilated from the part of the art world where artist don't have to learn to paint.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    extrapilated from the part of the art world where artist don't have to learn to paint.
    "This is just a blank canvas!"
    "It's Minimalist."

I have no problem with nonobjective and minimalist art.
    I am more talking about the likes of Basquat or Elizabeth Peyton.
    There seems to be a school of realism today where the idea is all there is and the execution doesn't matter.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    "This is just a blank canvas!"
    "It's Minimalist."
    "It's a drawing of a polar bear eating marsh-mellows in a snowstorm!"

Most of the hate for the Twilight franchise has very little to do with it's actual flaws.

BANNED

Christmas music is annoying, they play it too early, and they play it too often (probably not the most controversial opinion). But...is "Baby it's cold outside" a "rapey" song?

One feminists take.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Christmas music is annoying, they play it too early, and they play it too often (probably not the most controversial opinion). But...is "Baby it's cold outside" a "rapey" song?

One feminists take.
    It can't be any more rapey than "Closer" or "Sex Type Thing", but I haven't seen those banned - although there is some serious editing in the video for the first (which made it creepier...).

I will grant that neither of those two are considered Christmas songs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It can't be any more rapey than "Closer" or "Sex Type Thing", but I haven't seen those banned - although there is some serious editing in the video for the first (which made it creepier...).

Sex Type Thing is a unique enough title that I could google, but there are a kabillion songs titled Closer. Who sings the version you are referring to?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

One feminists take.

I thought the objections to "Baby it's cold outside..." way overwrought, until my spouse mentioned, "isn't there a line about 'what's in this drink?'"

Okay, maybe slightly wrought, but when considering that in a modern context, not at all overwrought. Probably need to change that one bit of lyric going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I thought the objections to "Baby it's cold outside..." way overwrought, until my spouse mentioned, "isn't there a line about 'what's in this drink?'"

Okay, maybe slightly wrought, but when considering that in a modern context, not at all overwrought. Probably need to change that one bit of lyric going forward.
    Have you never had a cocktail, and questioned what ingredients were in it?

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Sex Type Thing is a unique enough title that I could google, but there are a kabillion songs titled Closer. Who sings the version you are referring to?
    Nine Inch Nails.

Boisterously Confused

Have you never had a cocktail, and questioned what ingredients were in it?
    I have. Frequently when I'm doing my own mixology. Still, in the post-ruphee world, maybe we should tweak that one line in the lyrics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I have. Frequently when I'm doing my own mixology. Still, in the post-ruphee world, maybe we should tweak that one line in the lyrics.
    Do we go back and tweak every movie, every song, every book? Do we ignore the context of things? Do we want the things we create today to be tweaked in years to come?

Christmas music is annoying, they play it too early, and they play it too often (probably not the most controversial opinion).
    I've been listening to pretty much solid Christmas music for a week now and will do it for the next three weeks - so I have to disagree on that.

There are annoying ones though:
    Anything by Cliff Richard, Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You and Paul McCartney's A Wonderful Christmas Time are annoying. I've got good covers of those last two songs by other people though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I've been listening to pretty much solid Christmas music for a week now and will do it for the next three weeks - so I have to disagree on that.

There are annoying ones though:
    Anything by Cliff Richard, Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You and Paul McCartney's A Wonderful Christmas Time are annoying. I've got good covers of those last two songs by other people though.
    You want annoying? Let me add "So This Is Christmas" by John Lennon, mainly because of Yoko Ono with her screeching, she sounded like a cat being gutted alive.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-06-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!