Page 134 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 6586
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Do we go back and tweak every movie, every song, every book? Do we ignore the context of things? Do we want the things we create today to be tweaked in years to come?
    Well, the alternative seems to be that they disappear from the market, which is the direction that song seems headed.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I've been listening to pretty much solid Christmas music for a week now and will do it for the next three weeks - so I have to disagree on that.

There are annoying ones though:
    Anything by Cliff Richard, Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You and Paul McCartney's A Wonderful Christmas Time are annoying. I've got good covers of those last two songs by other people though.
    I had my wife buy me a copy of Jingle Hell off of Amazon.

Christopher Lee lived a life more metal than thou. And then released actual metal albums in his 80's.

Invincible Member

I like The Kinks "Father Christmas" song...

The Ramones "Merry X-Mas, I Don't Want to Fight" is another favorite...

Not even into Christmas anymore but "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway will always get play from me.

As will "Christmas Blues" by Quad City DJs
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

My two faves are "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses and "Snoopy's Christmas" by the Royal Guardsmen.

I also like Bob and Doug McKenzie's "Twelve Days of Christmas". Bonus if you can tell me how many total beers are given if the song is sung with all lyrics.

One guy's take...

There is a difference between "Off The Assembly Line..." Christmas tunes and the ones that actually hold up. Take "I Got Coal". It is just a brilliant tune, let alone a good "Christmas" Tune...

Never mind "Dead By X-Mas"...

Or, "364 Days". It's not even just a great "Christmas" tune. It's a great song, end of discussion.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind "Dead By X-Mas"...

Kinda sorta ironic considering what happened to their drummer...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I had my wife buy me a copy of Jingle Hell off of Amazon.

Christopher Lee lived a life more metal than thou. And then released actual metal albums in his 80's.
    Awesome!

That's straight into my Apple Music library and onto my rotation of Christmas songs!

As we all seem to be sharing, this song is my current Christmas music obsession. (The No Doubt cover is decent too, but I prefer the original):
    Last edited by dancj; 12-07-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Invincible Member

Why oh why do some people think Sargon of Akkad is some sort of intellectual? He calls himself a "classical liberal" but has a real misunderstanding of things like feminism and class.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Why oh why do some people think Sargon of Akkad is some sort of intellectual? He calls himself a "classical liberal" but has a real misunderstanding of things like feminism and class.
    It's the accent. For some reason, we Americans tend to view people with a British accent as having some type of authority. And let's be honest, most of Sargon of Akkad's listenership relies fully on confirmation bias.

I must be old, I do not know who Sargon of Akkad is. Something tells me I don't need to find out.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I must be old, I do not know who Sargon of Akkad is. Something tells me I don't need to find out.
    He's a popular member of the "Skeptic Community." I used to ignore the stuff relating to him that came up in my Youtube feed, but as I've been watching more political stuff, he and others show up more and more so I began checking out some of his clips and debates he's had with people. It's actually comical how pompous he his while misinterpeting any number of subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My first thought was the one from antiquity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad