Page 137 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 6586
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

My beef is more so with voters than politicians. Though they get blame too. But I think black voters especially likes to protect mediocre,ineffectual, wishy-washy politicians just cause they're black or familiar. But at the same time always complaining about the system this, the establishment that, white supremacy this, patriarchy that. Ugh....

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Stevie Nicks is part of the 2019 class gong into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and, in my humble opinion, that’s bullcrap. She’s already in as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her solo career has been mainly nonexistent, I mean, she only released one good album, and that was what, thirty plus years ago. While I’m at it, Janet Jackson, also part of that class has zero business going in either. Meanwhile, The Monkees continue being snubbed. Disgraceful!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stevie Nicks is part of the 2019 class gong into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and, in my humble opinion, that’s bullcrap. She’s already in as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her solo career has been mainly nonexistent, I mean, she only released one good album, and that was what, thirty plus years ago. While I’m at it, Janet Jackson, also part of that class has zero business going in either. Meanwhile, The Monkees continue being snubbed. Disgraceful!
    The list of those who continue to get snubbed compared to many who are in make the HOF a joke.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    My beef is more so with voters than politicians. Though they get blame too. But I think black voters especially likes to protect mediocre,ineffectual, wishy-washy politicians just cause they're black or familiar. But at the same time always complaining about the system this, the establishment that, white supremacy this, patriarchy that. Ugh....
    Funny how being marginalised by society will make you want to vote for people who are more likely to understand that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I think that's an issue across the board...liberal, conservative, and independent. Some folks will say that they want real change but they'll end up voting for the same sort of establishment candidates because they feel they have to vote for someone "electable."

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think that's an issue across the board...liberal, conservative, and independent. Some folks will say that they want real change but they'll end up voting for the same sort of establishment candidates because they feel they have to vote for someone "electable."
    This reminds me of the Freddie Gray situation. A lot of white conservatives like to gleefully point out how most of the elected officials was black and democrat in that city. Even other black people as well. The bitter truth is that putting blacks within the system won't necessarily fix the system. Can't keep electing black politicians who's going to play the perverbial Game of Thrones instead of actually fixing things.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 12-19-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To be fair you kinda have to give Stevie BOTH Bella Donna and Wild Heart. So that's two.

As far as the Monkees so, the Summer of Love generation/aging Former Rolling Stone Journalists call the shots on who gets in the Hall and that crowd has thought that the Monkees were frauds for decades. And still do from the sound of it.

Mike Nesmith as a solo act probably has a better chance of getting in than the Monkees do.

...and there's a whole conversation to be had on what Rock and Roll even is. If Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, Jimi Hendricks Experience, Santana, War, King Crimson and Metallica all count as Rock and Roll, how the #$%^ do you decide what isn't?

So they don't even try anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    only for those obsessed with posting what they eat. Me, I turn off my phone at resturaunts.
    That's not what I'm talking about. There's just a million accounts from restaurants, and "influencers" running around posting absurdly excessive, largely un-edible and incredibly unhealthy food. 6 patties and half a pound of cheese is the new burger standard according to Instagram.

It's just excess for the sake of excess, and it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That's not what I'm talking about. There's just a million accounts from restaurants, and "influencers" running around posting absurdly excessive, largely un-edible and incredibly unhealthy food. 6 patties and half a pound of cheese is the new burger standard according to Instagram.

It's just excess for the sake of excess, and it's stupid.
    I see. I don't read those post.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I see them sometimes. If you go to search, it just has posts loaded, and a lot of them are that. I don't know why, I don't follow any food accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I see them sometimes. If you go to search, it just has posts loaded, and a lot of them are that. I don't know why, I don't follow any food accounts.
    Thankfully, there are other sites like Yelp that can steer you to good places.

Yelp is the fucking devil.

Boisterously Confused

Resuming the use of Earmarks just might be the first step back towards legislative sanity in The US.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Funny how being marginalised by society will make you want to vote for people who are more likely to understand that.
    This is true, but I think black people need to pay closer attention to voting records, policy etc. Imo I don't think we do, we just see a familiar face and give them the benefit of the doubt because they're black, a Democrat, or they're not a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I agree, I think those people shouldn't be complaining when they're being too risk averse to actually pic a candidate that'll help them. I think the electable excuse is a kinda self fufiling prophecy voters are stuck in.

Ultimate Member

Science, faith, or both?

-----
    "Incurable tumor disappears from Texas girl’s brain after community lifts her in prayers"

"Nearly six months after an 11-year-old old Texas girl was diagnosed with an incurable brain tumor called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, or DIPG, doctors can no longer find a trace of it after her family and friends prayed for a miracle.

“And we got it,” said Gena Doss, the mother of Roxli Doss, in an interview with KVUE.

And now everyone is thanking God for His blessing.

“Praise God we did,” her husband, Scott, said...

Dr. Virginia Harrod with Dell Children’s Medical Center told KVUE that DIPG is a rare and devastating disease.

"It is very rare, but when we see it, it is a devastating disease. You have decreased ability to swallow, sometimes vision loss, decreased ability to talk, eventually difficulty with breathing,” she said.

The doctor explained that the 11-year-old had gone through weeks of radiation treatment but there was no expectation that the tumor would just disappear. Roxli’s recovery she said is “unbelievable..."

While doctors treated Roxli with radiation they did not expect to cure her. The Buda community, where the family lives, decided to pray with her parents for a miracle.

“Her diagnosis has broken the hearts of our entire community. We have been taken to our knees and called to battle by storming the gates of heaven with our faith filled prayers. We know the one thing the doctors didn’t factor in was our God, and He is in the business of miracles!” the group said.

And on Monday, as word spread of Roxli’s unexpected recovery, the group gave God all the praise and thanked everyone who prayed.

In a poem written by Roxli in school this past Thanksgiving, she wrote: “To everyone, thank you. You were kind to me, you raised money for me, you prayed for me, and you healed me. You showed the world, not all heroes wear capes.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/i...n-prayers.html