Page 139 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3722

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm beginning to see the similarity between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donald Trump.

Pundits make up stupid remarks that Ocasio-Cortez never actually said and conservatives react to her and judge her intelligence as if she actually said them.

Trump says stupid things consistently and conservatives react to him and judge his intelligence as if he never said them.

Now let's go rake some forests.
    How is that similar? Sounds like the complete opposite. It's like conservatives routinely attacked Obama for things he DIDN"T do and are silent when Trump now actually does them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is that similar? Sounds like the complete opposite. It's like conservatives routinely attacked Obama for things he DIDN"T do and are silent when Trump now actually does them.
    Because the first line was a joke setting up the rest.
    This is what courage looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Crazy how her "ratchet personality" is more interesting than her music. Whatever sells I suppose.
    Lady Gaga tried to just sing music initially, but failed to get much notice. It's only after she went all outlandish that anyone cared for what her music was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Because the first line was a joke setting up the rest.
    Well then Trump and I are actually similar, in that we are both idiots.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Lady Gaga tried to just sing music initially, but failed to get much notice. It's only after she went all outlandish that anyone cared for what her music was like.
    But Lady Gaga is actually talented.

Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But Lady Gaga is actually talented.
    She is. I initially dismissed her because all I heard about was the outlandish gimmicks. Then I heard her sing. But I get that a performer today sometimes does crazy things to get noticed in the crowd.
    This is what courage looks like.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is an interesting observation that deserves its own thread.

Ultimate Member

Supposedly, the record company pressured Gaga into being more "sexy" and she was like FINE, but I'll go it on my own terms and we got the zany sexy Gaga vs the commercial "sexy" Gaga we might have gotten otherwise.

On a different note, one of the local radio stations out here has the unfortunate designation of KONY - and yes, they are doing a children's charity drive. KONY for kids just sounds all sorts of wrong.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

What bugs me about politics now is that people worry more about what's politically possible instead of what needs to be done. And on that same token they care more about order, than actual sociopolitical justice. Political "pragmatism" is stopping us from moving forward imo

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    What bugs me about politics now is that people worry more about what's politically possible instead of what needs to be done
    I don't think you could find two people on the same page when it comes to "what needs to be done". Your vision of "what needs to be done", whatever that is, for sure wouldn't fly with at least half of the population of your country for example.

People don't want to move forward, they want to move in the direction they like the most. May that be forward or backward in the case of conservatives.

Ultimate Member

People who are anti-liberal need to stop bringing up that democrats started the klan and thinking that it's some sort of gotcha. While true, most people who understand history know that the two parties gradually switched places. It's funny that some folks are now trying to pretend this didn't happen.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People who are anti-liberal need to stop bringing up that democrats started the klan and thinking that it's some sort of gotcha. While true, most people who understand history know that the two parties gradually switched places. It's funny that some folks are now trying to pretend this didn't happen.
    People who do this are being intellectually dishonest.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I don't think you could find two people on the same page when it comes to "what needs to be done". Your vision of "what needs to be done", whatever that is, for sure wouldn't fly with at least half of the population of your country for example.

People don't want to move forward, they want to move in the direction they like the most. May that be forward or backward in the case of conservatives.
    True, but I think the point was that people who agree with what needs to be done (whatever that may be) tends to put more emphasis on their political careers. That's how I interpret it.

Personally i tend to think that politician shouldn't be a job, something you do for most of your life as a profession. If it wasn't a career, i dare to presume that people would more focused on the task they are trusted with instead of personnel gain.