Page 141 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 6600
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Damn. I meant the shooter was mistaken for Mexican. *sigh* I'm getting tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    People feel that racism is about systematic power. Something most poc in America doesn't have. The argument was that black people can be prejudice but not racist. It's been explained ad nauseum already.
    That's just redefining the word "racist" to mean something it doesn't mean.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That's just redefining the word "racist" to mean something it doesn't mean.

Yes and no. What that is, is systemic racism or a creation of stereotypes.

Street Fighter (1994) is not a terrible movie, it is strictly a mediocre one with overblown hate, and I still love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I hate memes.
    I know a girl who agrees with you.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Street Fighter (1994) is not a terrible movie, it is strictly a mediocre one with overblown hate, and I still love it.

I know a girl who agrees with you.
    Street Fighter is worth it for Raul Julia's scenery chewing alone. It's biggest problem is that one or two people think they are in a serious film but everyone around them understand it's going to be campy and treat it like such. And that those two people happen to be the leads. It almost views as a joke everyone is playing on them except they never catch on.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

So how many people push the idea of “systemic racism/privilege” out of genuine desire to create a fair society for all versus as a cynical means of gaining one-sided leverage over whomever they see as part of whatever “monolith of bastardry” wronged them?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

More of a question than an opinion. But, what is the subtext of Resident Evil 5? is it about the exploitation of africa? but if you say that people will get upset, for whatever reason that subtext is just as upsetting as the racism alegation...now what's the subtext of that...hhmmm

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    More of a question than an opinion. But, what is the subtext of Resident Evil 5? is it about the exploitation of africa? but if you say that people will get upset, for whatever reason that subtext is just as upsetting as the racism alegation...now what's the subtext of that...hhmmm
    I think that's what it was. Wesker could very much be considered a metaphor for colonialism and the corporate exploitation of Third World countries.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Hair trigger temper over accusations of racism is just as common as accusations of racism it's self. My guess is that those same people thought that particular observation was just the flip side of the same coin to them imo. Basically more "sjw" stuff..at least in there eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I think that's what it was. Wesker could very much be considered a metaphor for colonialism and the corporate exploitation of Third World countries.
    Yup, that's what I got out of it. RE5 had some great subtle and not so subtle geopolitical commentary. I'm dead serious lol

Chipotle is highly overrated

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Chipotle is highly overrated
    Is that really controversial?

C'mon. This guy came clean and it happened years ago and he stopped himself. He's changed since then. Wtf is the matter with people? People were also calling for Denzel Washington's head because he used to be homophopic. So should we all take a purity test to see who was truly good as soon as they come out of the womb? No one is perfect especially in their youth. People grow up. Now no one will ever change because they will feel the aggression of this whole thing and resent it highly. I'm bisexual, a woman and I also have Native American blood. From my fathers side my great grandfather was a Crickshaw indian chief. And my grandmother was Czechlosovakian and Cherokee. I remember a girl from a reservation telling me I looked like so many girls there (despite my paler skin, my father had dark skin) and wanted to know if I was Native American. I wasn't insulted at all. And from my mothers side my grandmother was Sicilian and let me tell you the shit they got. I'm more of a hippy than for all this instant perfection that people expect now. I believe in redemption and that is definitely not in now. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people calling for their demise had offended someone themselves. I know it can happen. Before you start doing this you better have a perfectly clean history yourself. I bet you don't and if you think you do without thinking twice, well, then you must be arrogant as hell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-06-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    C'mon. This guy came clean and it happened years ago and he stopped himself. He's changed since then. Wtf is the matter with people? People were also calling for Denzel Washington's head because he used to be homophopic. So should we all take a purity test to see who was truly good as soon as they come out of the womb? No one is perfect especially in their youth. People grow up. Now no one will ever change because they will feel the aggression of this whole thing and resent it highly. I'm bisexual, a woman and I also have Native American blood. From my fathers side my great grandfather was a Crickshaw indian chief. And my grandmother was Czechlosovakian and Cherokee. I remember a girl from a reservation telling me I looked like so many girls there (despite my paler skin, my father had dark skin) and wanted to know if I was Native American. I wasn't insulted at all. And from my mothers side my grandmother was Sicilian and let me tell you the shit they got. I'm more of a hippy than for all this instant perfection that people expect now. I believe in redemption and that is definitely not in now. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people calling for their demise had offended someone themselves. I know it can happen. Before you start doing this you better have a perfectly clean history yourself. I bet you don't and if you think you do without thinking twice, well, then you must be arrogant as hell.
    Amen. "He who is without sin may throw the first stone."

Why is anyone never allowed to change their opinions as they grow older? That's life! When it really gets down to it, no one knows what anyone else is really thinking. Why should someone be persecuted for coming clean and helping to deal with issues of revenge that many people face. None of us is perfect. How many people reading this have ever thought about getting revenge for being hurt or angry but never acted on it? I bet there aren't many. Believe me, yesterday a person in our neighborhood cut down a tree in our yard and I wanted to pick up a branch and club him with it, but I didn't. I'm a civilised person and there are other ways to get justice.

We also choose what we want to accept or not. It's politically incorrect to call a person of color names, and yes I totally agree that is a very bad thing. So why is it then okay to mock a person who is overweight, or wasn't born with a face like a supermodel? Step into someone else's shoes for a change rather than just following a nasty crowd mentality. EVERYONE deserves be treated with respect, but EVERYONE also makes mistakes.

What this country needs most is to learn a very big lesson in forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartanntp
    You know, I feel like a really relevant part of this whole thing is that he went out hoping someone would come after him, which in his mind at the time would have justified brutal violence in response ... and likely then, part of his "snapping out of it" was the realization that he could actually walk around without just being randomly attacked by a black guy for no reason. So, as far as it goes, his actual moral "crime" is considerably less than if he just went out and just attacked the first person he thought he could beat and get away with it.

That said ... anybody who sees how poor Liam Neeson is being treated, and therefore decides it's not worth it to get over their own racist biases? Yeah, that's a really low threshold, and I kinda think those people were probably lost causes, anyhow.

Unarmed black people are still being killed for how they are perceived in current day. And you're upset that people don't want to immediately voice forgiveness for a wealthy and successful actor?

Yeah, your scales are off. IMHO
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    You know, I feel like a really relevant part of this whole thing is that he went out hoping someone would come after him, which in his mind at the time would have justified brutal violence in response ... and likely then, part of his "snapping out of it" was the realization that he could actually walk around without just being randomly attacked by a black guy for no reason. So, as far as it goes, his actual moral "crime" is considerably less than if he just went out and just attacked the first person he thought he could beat and get away with it.

That said ... anybody who sees how poor Liam Neeson is being treated, and therefore decides it's not worth it to get over their own racist biases? Yeah, that's a really low threshold, and I kinda think those people were probably lost causes, anyhow.

Unarmed black people are still being killed for how they are perceived in current day. And you're upset that people don't want to immediately voice forgiveness for a wealthy and successful actor?

Yeah, your scales are off. IMHO
    Ahh... I disagree. My scales are not off. At all. We are talking about taking away someone's livelyhood over a lesson that was already learned. And wasting a potential ally. Who knows Liam Neeson may be able to speak to others about this. And I'm well aware about what happens to black people. Read some of my other posts. Don't make assumptions please, and focus on what was said. Just because you don't like my opinion does not mean you have me all figured out unless you are psychic, which I think too many people seem to think they are these days. Doing this now seems more like getting even than justice. Not too long ago a native American was beaten and one of the guys that did it was black. This was in Texas. Also, the white Buffalo, which was sacred to the native peoples was killed in an act of hate. My grandmother told me this and she was very disheartened but she chose not to become angry or feed into prejudice. And way to gloss over my own experiences because you don't agree with my opinion. And I'm probably less into celebrity than most. Hell, I'm not even a fan of his. And maybe I don't trust the politics in this. It seems so practiced and precise as in some sort of points given/taken as opposed to really giving a damn about the issues.

And what do you think about Danzel? What should be done about him? I'm curious.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-07-2019 at 12:16 AM.