Page 16 of 440 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The best Mel Gibson film is actually Payback.
    Hah. Almost as good as Braveheart

(btw love the novels Payback is based on and the Darwyn Cooke adaptions as well)

Your avatar freaks me out everytime
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 02-09-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    You all don't like the Mad Max movies?
    To be honest, I could never get into Mad Max. When Beyond Thunderdome came out with Tina Turner, the franchise had clearly jumped the shark.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

For all the talk about SJWs not reading comics, anti-SJWs don't read them either.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    For all the talk about SJWs not reading comics, anti-SJWs don't read them either.
    Must be a Chicago SJW thing, because I read them, too.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

My "controversial" opinions.

Men who mistreat women are garbage.
    People who judge others by the color of their skin, religion or sexual orientation are garbage
    Helping elderly & handicapped individuals is a GOOD THING. (Though you should actually ask if they need help 1st because a stranger coming up to someone even with good intent is always off putting)
    Being an SJW isn't a bad thing, people who think so are probably sexist facist Nazi @$$-clowns
    Smoking in public is a dick move, just because you are fine with getting lung-cancer doesn't mean everyone else is
    Nostalgia is a legitimate problem that clouds the judgment of 80's & 90's kids who were from decades of excess
    God is totally a Dog person, because cats are jerks!

And in closing, The early 00's Ninja Turtles is better then the 80's Turtles cartoon.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    My "controversial" opinions.
    Nostalgia is a legitimate problem that clouds the judgment of 80's & 90's kids who were from decades of excess
    And in closing, The early 00's Ninja Turtles is better then the 80's Turtles cartoon.
    Nostalgia is something I've always run into online. It's funny hearing people complain about Teen Titans Go because I remember hearing similar complaints from fans of the Wolfman/Perez run about the original Teen Titans cartoon. Not to mention the animation stans who wanted Cartoon Network to only show reruns of trash like Speed Buggy. The hate the Cartoon Cartoons got was astounding. One thing I do miss about Cartoon Network was how they used to have more variety. They showed animation from around the world (Oh Canada, Small World), black and white cartoons, and had shows that talked about the work of various animators (Tex Avery). Now it's pretty much original stuff + anime which is kind of a shame because there aren't many channels dedicated to animation.

I also agree on TMNT. The 80s show was good till after the 3rd season where they ran out of ideas, had to modify their writing because of parent's groups and broadcasting rules in the UK + Germany, and oversaturation. Then they went dark and serious and it led to those ugly mutations, crappy intro, and gritted teeth everywhere. I know that's how the original comic was (kinda), but I could always read those if I wanted that. If they wanted to be more serious they should've taken some cues from the Archie comic. They were able to balance out the more serious stuff with the color and vibrancy of the cartoon. It was great seeing my niece watching TMNT on Nickelodeon like how I used to as a kid. She was laughing and yelling and just having a good time. Not bad for passive entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Not My God. ��

Cats are a symbol of femininity and female empowerment; I guess that makes me a "jerk" and a heathen?
    Cats are cold blooded killers that kill somewhere between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds a year not counting small mammals and may cause some wildlife populations to decline in some areas. I also think cats are jerks in this regard.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Cats are cold blooded killers that kill somewhere between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds a year not counting small mammals and may cause some wildlife populations to decline in some areas. I also think cats are jerks in this regard.
    Holy crap, dude. How cruel of you to quote her and then post this.

Wowwww.

And, in case you didn't know (which, I'm sure you do, you're just conveniently NOT acknowledging it here): Birds are often predators, as well. Hawks kill billions of rodents and various of other life every single year. JFC.
    You should probably think before you reply, especially if you're going to be so blatantly misogynistic.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Not My God. ��

Cats are a symbol of femininity and female empowerment; I guess that makes me a "jerk" and a heathen?

I wasn't speaking in an allegorical sense. Using an animal as a form of empowerment is fine. I was speaking in the literal sense that the actual animals are jerks compared to other pets like Dogs. Though I admit they are much much better then Hamsters, those little things can be downright evil!

But I am going by my own personal experiences both positive & negative with set animals over the years.

As an allagorical expression of female empowerment the animal works well because cats can be both elegant & fierce. Though honestly I would prefere to be in the company of a strong independent women who can relate to a cat than an actual cat, as again I am not fond of the actual animal. But again thats just me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

And I'm not done because I'm going to take this one step further (because you surely did NOT hesitate to!) and say: This kind of stuff right here; these kinds of comments are EXACTLY why a LOT of women leave here and refuse to be part of this community. Because of misogyny, which comes out, at BEST, as thoughtless comments such as this. But I'm not hardly going to give you that this was just a thoughtless comment. You knew EXACTLY what you were saying. And you meant to be EXACTLY how misogynistic you were.

Wow didn't expect the hate (and the accusation of misogyny). Guess this is the keep your CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS to yourself thread and I completely miss read it. And I do know about other animals but cats by far are a Invasive species where as Hawks and other animals are mostly native to the habitats they hunt in. Though I do agree with tripple S that the reason they are an Invasive species is due to the neglect of mistreatment of cats by humans.

Wow didn't expect the hate (and the accusation of misogyny). Guess this is the keep your CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS to yourself thread and I completely miss read it. And I do know about other animals but cats by far are a Invasive species where as Hawks and other animals are mostly native to the habitats they hunt in. Though I do agree with tripple S that the reason they are an Invasive species is due to the neglect of mistreatment of cats by humans.
    No, no, no, AND NO.
    You quoted her, and either you did not read what she posted, or you are lying/conveniently misunderstanding her post.

And now you are in here accusing us of hate??
    Seriously?
    If you did not mean to be misogynistic then you should probably apologize to Sugar Spun Sorceress, because your post most definitely came across that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    No, no, no, AND NO.
    You quoted her, and either you did not read what she posted, or you are lying/conveniently misunderstanding her post.

And now you are in here accusing us of hate??
    Seriously?
    If you did not mean to be misogynistic then you should probably apologize to Sugar Spun Sorceress, because your post most definitely came across that way.
    I did in no way intend for my post to be misogynistic toward any one and if it came across that way I apologize. Do dog people ever have this argument? I knew I should have commented on ninja turtles cartoons instead.

Another interesting cat fact, Cats cannot detect the sweet taste. This is due to a mutant chemoreceptor in their taste buds. Because of this, cats generally ignore sweet tasting food items like fruit.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 02-09-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Vertigo readers totally failed to appreciate Rachel Pollak's best work, THE GEEK #1.

Or at least this is true of the ones with online review-blogs, because today I couldn't find a single analysis, nor any scans (which I would probably "steal" for my own forthcoming review).

EDIT: Oops, guess that's a DC Comics reference, even if Vertigo-- is it even still around-- sometimes seems like a separate entity to me.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 02-10-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Agreed, its more accurate to the comics.