Page 162 of 440 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 6596

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Controversial: I only eat steak well done, the more like shoe leather, the better. The only red I want to see is the catsup I plop on same.
    I used to feel the same, but sometime (early 30s I think) I started trying rare and found I loved it more the rarer it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If you have to put sauce on steak, then you aren't eating good steak
    Word.

And if you use sauce on a real good piece of steak then you should be publicly spanked with the utmost severity cause it's simply a crime against gastronomy and against the beast who died for that meat.

About the sauce thing. I prefer steak without it. But to say you shouldn't doesn't fly. Peter Lugar's, perhaps the best Steak Restaurant in America, has it's own sauce that you can liberally apply. If Peter Lugar's says sauce is OK, who are we to say different.
    I like my steak Medium to Medium Well. No red, a little pink is fine.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Word.

And if you use sauce on a real good piece of steak then you should be publicly spanked with the utmost severity cause it's simply a crime against gastronomy and against the beast who died for that meat.
    I think the only sauce that should be used on any steak/sides should be the juices left in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    About the sauce thing. I prefer steak without it. But to say you shouldn't doesn't fly. Peter Lugar's, perhaps the best Steak Restaurant in America, has it's own sauce that you can liberally apply. If Peter Lugar's says sauce is OK, who are we to say different.
    While I think steak sauce is a good way to cut overly sweet BBQ sauces, it's just too strong and overpowers everything about the meal you are eating. Maybe Lugar's is different than the A-1 type stuff I've tried, but unless it's vastly different and not as overpowerly strong it's not something I'd like. However I'm not going as far as to say no one should use it, because everyone has the little condiments or flavors that really appeal to them. EX: I put Lawry's salt on practically everything I eat in one way or another.

Oh, +1 on the steak choice. My perfect steak looks like one of those stripey gums - 2 stripes of grey around some light pink

Lugar's steak sauce is their own, mild and not sharp like A-1. I wouldn't use A-1 at a high end steak joint.

Of course there are also steak dishes like Steak Diane and Steak Au Pauvre that the sauce makes the dish.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I finally was able to recognize the other medals except one in the photo. They are Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Campaign_Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global...itionary_Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global..._Service_Medal

I would rather wear the lowest military medal instead of the highest one, if I was in the military, which I never joined.

I agree it is better for him to wear service ribbons instead of the medals. I think he was trying to impress the other guests.

Maybe the medals he showed aren't all he has. Maybe he got a Navy Cross or even a Medal of Honor and chose not to show it at the wedding.
    I’m pretty sure that’s a stock photo and not what he was actually wearing.

They might have it, but a person is wasting their money at Luger's if they use it. It really is the most perfect steak I've ever tasted al on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They might have it, but a person is wasting their money at Luger's if they use it. It really is the most perfect steak I've ever tasted al on its own.
    That is true. The one time I was there (cause it costs $$$) I tried the sauce, but mostly ate the steak plain.

My other favorite steak place in NY is Keen's on 36th St. It's also very old. 1885.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I guess that happened around the time when they started culling certain YMMV Tropes, or removing examples, or began their "No Real Life Examples" thing.

I still like that place, but I know now that it's pretty flawed. I've become rather intolerant to how YMMV pages for many new series and stuff over the last half-decade have become little more than a laundry list of stuff people don't like. As someone who loved Ultimate Spider-Man from the beginning, and who actually missed much of what was lost in the direction change that started in Season 3, that area sucked. Likewise, Varian is way too sympathized on the Tangled series pages, and Cass never catches a break. And I'm sure I'd have a nice side income if I got payed every time someone whined about a new take on something "Sucking because they 'changed' it", long before it aired. Forget giving it the chance to be its own thing, no. Basically, only the darlings of the people who frequent the site get any recognition, and then they suffer from show-gatekeeping (the Varian thing being one good example).

Then there's all the cool stuff that doesn't get any love over there (not hate, but no love either). I guess I could do it myself, but don't have the free time for that like I once did. Nor much in the way of inclination.
    I still feel like most of the deletions are mostly just spite from people who hate people listing negative examples. But I've seen deletions of counter point too. So I don't know what's their standards are. Some wasnt even really complaints persé, just objective observations.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

When it comes to franchises and world building I hate how creators (and fandom speculation) makes everyone a secret timelord, Targaryen, Skywalker etc, etc. I love those families, dynasties whatever. But I feel like that's terrible world building. Cause it makes the world more smaller not larger.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    When it comes to franchises and world building I hate how creators (and fandom speculation) makes everyone a secret timelord, Targaryen, Skywalker etc, etc. I love those families, dynasties whatever. But I feel like that's terrible world building. Cause it makes the world more smaller not larger.
    I agree. It's why I'm not a fan of The Big Two's desire to draw connections between every character in their thread (i.e. The Maximoff Twins, Speedy and Guardian, or changing the spelling of Speed Sanders name to fit him into Hawkgirl's family). Much as I love some of Roy Thomas' work, he started a very bad OCD trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I finally was able to recognize the other medals except one in the photo. They are Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Campaign_Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global...itionary_Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global..._Service_Medal

I would rather wear the lowest military medal instead of the highest one, if I was in the military, which I never joined.

I agree it is better for him to wear service ribbons instead of the medals. I think he was trying to impress the other guests.

Maybe the medals he showed aren't all he has. Maybe he got a Navy Cross or even a Medal of Honor and chose not to show it at the wedding.
    If I had earned either a Navy Cross or the Medal of Honor & still be alive, I'd wear those medals in the shower. The rest would only distract from how awesome I would be.

Lugar's steak sauce is their own, mild and not sharp like A-1. I wouldn't use A-1 at a high end steak joint.

Of course there are also steak dishes like Steak Diane and Steak Au Pauvre that the sauce makes the dish.
    This guy gets it!!!

The Peter Lugar steak sauce is the top shelf of all steak sauces. It's absolutely brilliant & makes any inferior meat taste like the most delicious steak imaginable. You will never want anything but Peter Lugar's steak sauce ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    If I had earned either a Navy Cross or the Medal of Honor & still be alive, I'd wear those medals in the shower. The rest would only distract from how awesome I would be.

This guy gets it!!!

The Peter Lugar steak sauce is the top shelf of all steak sauces. It's absolutely brilliant & makes any inferior meat taste like the most delicious steak imaginable. You will never want anything but Peter Lugar's steak sauce ever again.
    Thanks. Available at home.
    https://peterluger.com/peter-luger-s...shioned-sauce/

$75 for a box of 12 shipped to the house is a nice deal. Should last a good summer of BBQ's.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I agree. It's why I'm not a fan of The Big Two's desire to draw connections between every character in their thread (i.e. The Maximoff Twins, Speedy and Guardian, or changing the spelling of Speed Sanders name to fit him into Hawkgirl's family). Much as I love some of Roy Thomas' work, he started a very bad OCD trend.
    Yup, its stifles the franchise. It can't grow cause it HAS to be tied to a central person or lineage to get people invested. Long time ago I said this is why you shouldn't world build a story that's been primarily centered around a singular protagonist.