Page 168 of 441 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 6601

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly what do you get out of supporting Trump, other than "owning the libs"? This brings me back to something I saw on Facebook:

"There are two kinds of Trump supporters: billionaires and idiots. Check your bank account to see which one you are."
    They're not mutually exclusive.
    BB

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Well, when I said that I was thinking more of Obama. Democrats seem to range from centrist to right, and Republicans from right to extreme right.
    I see no lies...

Invincible Member

Heard about the high profile Facebook bans this mourning. While I have no sympathy the individuals banned, I'm still a little conflicted. I mean...Paul Joseph Watson is a "dangerous person?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    They seem to have a deep enough interest in those priorities that they're willing to overlook just about any level of awful behaviour, language or legistlation.
    and why shouldn't they? those supposedly sacred things are your priorities not theirs. Logic please.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Heard about the high profile Facebook bans this mourning. While I have no sympathy the individuals banned, I'm still a little conflicted. I mean...Paul Joseph Watson is a "dangerous person?"
    OMG yes I am far more concerned about who controls speech than what is being said. If people paid half the attention to these fat cats as they do the polluting industries we would all be better off.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    OMG yes I am far more concerned about who controls speech than what is being said. If people paid half the attention to these fat cats as they do the polluting industries we would all be better off.
    Well, Zuckerberg is under a fair bit of scrutiny these days. But in his attempt to ease the public and make amends, I'm not sure he's making reasonable decisions.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Cracking up at the idea that general democratic leadership is far or extreme left.

Also laughing at the idea that holding a president accountable is bad for the country.
    It's crazy how people on the right see Dems as a far left group. They've done everything in their power to marginalize progressives and the left within the party. I understand people like to compartmentalize groups they don't like, but the Dems are nowhere near a leftwing party. Their centrists on their best days, and moderate conservatives on their worse.

Meritocracy doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Meritocracy doesn't exist.
    The person who came up with the concept considered it dystopian and was annoyed people subscribed to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ri...he_Meritocracy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    It's crazy how people on the right see Dems as a far left group. They've done everything in their power to marginalize progressives and the left within the party. I understand people like to compartmentalize groups they don't like, but the Dems are nowhere near a leftwing party. Their centrists on their best days, and moderate conservatives on their worse.
    Look back at Bill Clinton's days and policies. He was saying the exact same things as Trump about the border. He continued the ban on gays in the military and set the LGBT movement back 15 years by signing the Defense of Marriage act. He doubled down on tough on crime policies started by George H.W. Bush that decimated inner city minority communities. Yet he was considered a moderate liberal. Now all these things are basically Trump's positions. So explain how it is you feel the democrats are centrist when they've run so far to the left that mainstream conservatives are now little different than liberals were just 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Look back at Bill Clinton's days and policies. He was saying the exact same things as Trump about the border. He continued the ban on gays in the military and set the LGBT movement back 15 years by signing the Defense of Marriage act. He doubled down on tough on crime policies started by George H.W. Bush that decimated inner city minority communities. Yet he was considered a moderate liberal. Now all these things are basically Trump's positions. So explain how it is you feel the democrats are centrist when they've run so far to the left that mainstream conservatives are now little different than liberals were just 20 years ago?
    You've had the problems with each of those arguments and how they are wrong explained to you by multiple posters. Why do you keep using the same flawed arguments?

Boisterously Confused

There appear to be any number of good reasons to impeach Donald Trump. That he might be reelected should not be one of them. Not if the goal is the defense of Our Constitution, and The Rule of Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    You've had the problems with each of those arguments and how they are wrong explained to you by multiple posters. Why do you keep using the same flawed arguments?
    Other people being in denial over where the democratic party stood just 20 years ago is not me being shown wrong. Its them choosing to ignore reality.

Which part am I wrong about? I linked a video of Bill "Trump" Clinton talking about the criminals coming across the border and the needed for better border security and immigration laws. Its 100% the same as Trump is saying now.

Bill Clinton was against gay marriage (the defense of marriage act) and continued the ban on gays in the military. Trump has pushed back against transgender people from serving and is probably trying to figure out how to ban gays again. And they certainly would ban gay marriage again if they could. Downright Clintonesque!

Bill Clinton passed tough on crime and mandatory minimum sentencing laws in the war on drugs continuing what the first Bush did. Same things Trump wants to continue but its only racist if Trump does it?

The democratic party 20 years ago is NO DIFFERENT than the republican party of today. Whats changed is how far left the democrats have gone and pulled the right with them. If you actually pay attention you'll notice I don't like the things Clinton did so I'm in no way arguing that that the republicans are right today. They are as wrong now as the democrats were in the 90's. My point is though that its ridiculous to argue that democrats are anywhere near centrist given how far left they've shifted in just 20 years while bringing the republicans with them.

Other people being in denial over where the democratic party stood just 20 years ago is not me being shown wrong. Its them choosing to ignore reality.

Which part am I wrong about? I linked a video of Bill "Trump" Clinton talking about the criminals coming across the border and the needed for better border security and immigration laws. Its 100% the same as Trump is saying now.

Bill Clinton was against gay marriage (the defense of marriage act) and continued the ban on gays in the military. Trump has pushed back against transgender people from serving and is probably trying to figure out how to ban gays again. And they certainly would ban gay marriage again if they could. Downright Clintonesque!

Bill Clinton passed tough on crime and mandatory minimum sentencing laws in the war on drugs continuing what the first Bush did. Same things Trump wants to continue but its only racist if Trump does it?

The democratic party 20 years ago is NO DIFFERENT than the republican party of today. Whats changed is how far left the democrats have gone and pulled the right with them. If you actually pay attention you'll notice I don't like the things Clinton did so I'm in no way arguing that that the republicans are right today. They are as wrong now as the democrats were in the 90's. My point is though that its ridiculous to argue that democrats are anywhere near centrist given how far left they've shifted in just 20 years while bringing the republicans with them.
    You are forgetting two things. The first is that Clinton was a lurch towards the center for the Democrats. By using him as the baseline you are creating a false starting point.

Second, the claim that Clinton banned gays from the military has already been debunked as they were already banned. Don't ask, don't tell was a step forward at the time that even the left seems to have forgotten.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You are forgetting two things. The first is that Clinton was a lurch towards the center for the Democrats. By using him as the baseline you are creating a false starting point.

Second, the claim that Clinton banned gays from the military has already been debunked as they were already banned. Don't ask, don't tell was a step forward at the time that even the left seems to have forgotten.
    He's forgetting more than a few things he's denying while claiming it's just the others in denial. Things like the crime bill of those days being supported and asked for by the congressional black caucus at the time, and how Clinton banned Being Openly Gay where as you mentioned Being Gay At All was already banned and thus Gays were allowed to serve as long as they did so from the closet. And he claims that Clinton talks 100% Trump on immigration, so it should be easy to post him saying that caravans of bought and paid for drug gangs were invading us thanks to POLITICAL TARGET fitting the bill, among the other racist **** Trump says in 100% of his speeches on the subject since the video he posted was pretty light on how they were murderers and rapists with only 'some' being good people. The only way Trump's policies resemble Clinton's is that they are policies and they share the same subjects (Clinton didn't separate thousands of families while making it nearly impossible to reunite them), and it takes far more effort to make some damning connection seem feasible than actually studying the facts of the matter as they stood. Both sides ARE NOT the same.

I'll note that I'm not the only one to point these things out (I snagged some info from older posts in fact), so it's not everyone else being in denial here.