Page 173 of 440 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6586
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I disagree that that's what's intersectionality is about. It's more that a person not just one thing, there's several aspects of what makes up their identity. It's not just either class or race or gender, it's all those things combined. For instance, a person isn't just a white male...they might also be poor and/or gay and/or Jewish. Depending on the environment, how these things overlap may affect how that person either struggles or navigates through society.
    I just find the concept to be counterproductive because, at the end of the day, it's about trying to include people from every background and trying to find a way to serve the interests of all of these people at once, and that's just not going to happen. I'm all for being inclusive, but that implies that each of us will have to make sacrifices in some way for the sake of fairness, and that while society will benefit overall, some of us must accept that we will end up much worse off. Of course if you tell people that, then you end up losing the support of anyone with real power or influence making your movement completely toothless.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I just find the concept to be counterproductive because, at the end of the day, it's about trying to include people from every background and trying to find a way to serve the interests of all of these people at once, and that's just not going to happen. I'm all for being inclusive, but that implies that each of us will have to make sacrifices in some way for the sake of fairness, and that while society will benefit overall, some of us must accept that we will end up much worse off. Of course if you tell people that, then you end up losing the support of anyone with real power or influence making your movement completely toothless.
    But intersectionality isn't a movement about inclusion per se, it's a theory about identity and social relationships.
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-19-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    At the end of the day, the coastal and urban "latte liberal" set are probably the greatest beneficiaries of white supremacy, since they were able to attend well-funded predominantly white schools and use that education to achieve comfortable lives in predominantly white enclaves in otherwise diverse metropolitan areas. Racial injustice might offend their personal sensibilities and they will argue vehemently, if ineffectually, for equality and fairness, but at the end of the day they're not going to willingly break up a system that had so well served their socioeconomic interests.
    What is it then that should be required of white people?

Invincible Member

Sargon of Arkkod just had his Youtube channel demonitized. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sargon of Arkkod just had his Youtube channel demonitized. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    How is that controversial?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How is that controversial?
    LOL! But I'm sure someone will say that he's unfairly being deprived of his income and free speech.

Not all Republicans are racists. However, all racists are Republicans.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Not all Republicans are racists. However, all racists are Republicans.
    As a black guy who works in Los Angeles(in the entertainment industry no less) I can tell you that that is not true. I know a lot of racist liberals.

Catherine Gale > Emma Peel

I trust this opinion is comntroversial enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Catherine Gale > Emma Peel

I trust this opinion is comntroversial enough.
    I don't know, I would be on Team Peel, but Honor Blackman had it all going on, so you are more than justified for your opinion. If you had said Tara King, well then....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Ransomware hackers are the modern equivalents of pirates. We're not getting rid of them unless someone applies the same solution to them that The Royal Navy did.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Ransomware hackers are the modern equivalents of pirates. We're not getting rid of them unless someone applies the same solution to them that The Royal Navy did.
    Ransomware Hackers don't kill people. They are a scourge though.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't know, I would be on Team Peel, but Honor Blackman had it all going on, so you are more than justified for your opinion. If you had said Tara King, well then....
    How crazy do you think I am?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    How crazy do you think I am?
    Anybody following Diana Rigg was going to get a lot of grief, regardless of its merit (mostly unwarranted, IMO).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Politicians calling for an end to "division" and not an end to things like racism & corruption. They want power for themselves more than they want to change anything substantively for us. Be wary of anyone employing the "let's not create division [by dealing in reality]" talking point. When they call for an end to division, unless they present a unifying agenda, what they really mean is they want an end to dissent.