Page 194 of 439 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 6582
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Finally, somebody talkin' sense.

Well, except for that part in blue.

I start getting antsy if things even make it that far.
    Heh. I don't have muttonchops sideburns, if that helps. They're bigger than average, but it's not as if I stepped out of the '70s.

As for the mustache, I gave it up when it started to turn gray about 10 years ago.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I don't like shaving either. I have sported a beard at times in my life. I stopped about a decade ago when my beard turned white. My hair still has color, but my white beard makes me look 10 years older.
    Beards are fine, but should be cropped. Today's hipster beards look like Civil War soldiers or pioneers.
    And don't get me started on man buns, or wearing wool caps year round or in summer!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Yeah, I don't like shaving that much, but I know that if I don't shave then the beard is going to be a bother, so I shave anyway to avoid the hassle. Momentary pain for longterm gain. Also I remember what George Burns said to John Denver about shaving in OH, GOD!--"Sometimes, when you don't feel normal, doing a normal thing makes you feel normal."

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. I don't have muttonchops sideburns, if that helps. They're bigger than average, but it's not as if I stepped out of the '70s.

As for the mustache, I gave it up when it started to turn gray about 10 years ago.
    Quentin Collins had an impact on my development and I sooooo wanted sideburns like his. I could be the only kid to run home after school to catch Dark Shadows and have attention paid to facial hair, but come on, I'm not THAT unusual, am I?

The first person to get angry in any given situation is the one who is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The first person to get angry in any given situation is the one who is at fault.
    I dont think that is true. I can think of a few situations where anger is the right response.

Someone laughing at another's misfortunes. Someone acting cruel or bigoted. Someone committing a crime.
    And there are other things Trump does as well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You would be mistaken. Keeping your emotions in check is the only way anyone will take you seriously. Reacting and behaving like a mess diminishes your point greatly no matter what the substance of that point is.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Quentin Collins had an impact on my development and I sooooo wanted sideburns like his. I could be the only kid to run home after school to catch Dark Shadows and have attention paid to facial hair, but come on, I'm not THAT unusual, am I?
    Nope. Had they been in style by the time I could grow sideburns (around 1980), I would have had something like that or the Elvis ones from the '70s. My father even had them for a time in the mid-'70s, though not nearly as bushy or large,

Retired

I liked Quentin Collins so much that I got the single of "Quentin's Theme (Shadows of the Night)", with "At the Blue Whale" on the B side. I was also too young to grow out mutton chops back then. Not really a fan of the mutton chops on my face--I don't have David Selby's strong profile. I like to cut my sideburns to look like James T. Kirk's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked Quentin Collins so much that I got the single of "Quentin's Theme (Shadows of the Night)", with "At the Blue Whale" on the B side. I was also too young to grow out mutton chops back then. Not really a fan of the mutton chops on my face--I don't have David Selby's strong profile. I like to cut my sideburns to look like James T. Kirk's.
    Heh. Mine are similar to Kirk's, though they are not slanted as severely downward. Now I didn't copy his purposely, but I'm starting to think it might have been done subconsciously.

You would be mistaken. Keeping your emotions in check is the only way anyone will take you seriously. Reacting and behaving like a mess diminishes your point greatly no matter what the substance of that point is.
    There are many ways to show your anger. But getting angry is the right response to some things and it doesn't mean you lose. Did you not see Nancy Pelosi's take down of that right wing reporter when he angered her? A thing of beauty.

Thats hilariously wrong. Why do you think sensible policy is outweighed by passion ? Humans are creatures of emotions. If what you said was accurate government would actually be about who could do a better job with facts and statistics not mud slinging

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Does anybody like shaving? Now that would be a controversial opinion!

Like Jim, I shave because I don't like the way a growing beard feels. Having said that, I have no problem with others having one. I used to have a mustache for years and sport sideburns presently, FWIW.
    I like shaving. As an aside, I was in the Navy for twenty years (1976-1996), so I was required to be clean shaven, and I’ve liked it ever since. These days, I shave twice a week as I don’t like how I look with facial hair, on top of that, at 60, said hair comes out gray, making me look older than I already am now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I like shaving. As an aside, I was in the Navy for twenty years (1976-1996), so I was required to be clean shaven, and I’ve liked it ever since. These days, I shave twice a week as I don’t like how I look with facial hair, on top of that, at 60, said hair comes out gray, making me look older than I already am now.
    I thought the navy allowed moustaches ? Or is that officer only ? Or maybe just subs....

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I thought the navy allowed moustaches ? Or is that officer only ? Or maybe just subs....
    It’s been awhile since I retired, and my memory is hazy, but I’m not entirely sure facial hair was universally allowed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!