Page 2 of 439 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Kiss are my equivalent of that. A so-called 'classic' band that I just cannot see what all the fuss is about. Another kid in my school that I HATED was a huge Kiss fan and that affected my opinion of them. But even as a 40+ (only just) bloke I just can't get into them.
    I didn't mind them back then, but they were never on the same level as the Rolling Stones, the Who, and Led Zeppelin to me 40-something years ago
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I didn't mind them back then, but they were never on the same level as the Rolling Stones, the Who, and Led Zeppelin to me 40-something years ago
    Kiss are a decent novelty band.

Led Zep is just too much ******* in one band for me to really groove on them. That and the obsessive they-invented-the-wheel-and-sound fans and their stupid memes/macros/w'ev.

And, just to amp things up: Ringo has had the coolest post-Beatles career.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And, just to amp things up: Ringo has had the coolest post-Beatles career.
    Because he narrated Thomas the Tank Engine?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I believe the correct answer is his marrying Barbara Bach.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mustaine, Hetfield, King, and Ian need to hang it up. Every major thrash metal record released in the past 20 years has sucked hard.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." Perhaps Machiavelli is right.

BANNED

Depends. Think it tends to lead to resentment and in leaders or movements tends to lead to revolt/armed action to put down.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe the correct answer is his marrying Barbara Bach.
    Both very good contributing reasons. There's also Scouse the Mouse. Getting the Winter Bros to patch things up and play together again. And, according to a very reliable, and seriously researched biography by John Lennon, he is, actually, the greatest.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I never give so-called foreign terrorists groups/organizations a second thought. I'm more paranoid of the police or the Johnny Got His Gun strolling into my church on Sunday or the afternoon matinee at my local cinema. ISIS don't scare me a damn bit. I have all the terror I can handle here in America.

The Sex Pistols sucked. Big time. People who said they liked them just wanted to show how cool they were.

I think I'm the only guy on earth who doesn't like Saga. I checked out the first two trades from the library and I understood why so many people liked it, but I wasn't feeling it.

Selena Gomez's music isn't that bad. Yeah it's pop, but she makes music that people want to dance. It's not like she's trying to be Rush or Yes.

John Taylor is an underrated bassist.

I like bratwurst better than hot dogs, to me brats have a better texture than hot dogs.

Archie's Mega Man has gotten more character development than Miles Morales.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 11-26-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Sex Pistols sucked. Big time. People who said they liked them just wanted to show how cool they were.
    I dig the hell out of their one album. I wonder where they would have gone if they still put out material.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think I'm the only guy on earth who doesn't like Saga. I checked out the first two trades from the library and I understood why so many people liked it, but I wasn't feeling it.

Selena Gomez's music isn't that bad. Yeah it's pop, but she makes music that people want to dance. It's not like she's trying to be Rush or Yes.

John Taylor is an underrated bassist.

I like bratwurst better than hot dogs, to me brats have a better texture than hot dogs.
    Saga. Yeah. Why does Vaughan mire his fairly interesting star-crossed lovers tale in. . .lechery? Come on, Brian! lol

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I don't understand wrestling fans who assume that if you are a woman or a child, you must like John Cena.

At the same time, don't know why Cena gets flack for having women and children like him. You know what? Women and children liked Stone Cold, The Rock, Sting, Hulk Hogan (even in the nWo) and many other wrestlers and that's never held against them.

Business owners may have more information, but they generally aren't more rational than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I don't understand wrestling fans who assume that if you are a woman or a child, you must like John Cena.

At the same time, don't know why Cena gets flack for having women and children like him. You know what? Women and children liked Stone Cold, The Rock, Sting, Hulk Hogan (even in the nWo) and many other wrestlers and that's never held against them.

Business owners may have more information, but they generally aren't more rational than everyone else.
    Women and children are the enemy of all things fun and intelligent, like professional wrestling.