Page 209 of 440 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And that is what he said he was told by the casting department in his first audition.

So he went back a second time dressed up as a crackhead and I think (because the interview he talked about this was I want to say before Little Man or White Chicks in Complex magazine-I have the magazine in storage somewhere) he didn't bathe and slept on the floor before going back.

Of note if anyone watched the final season of The Wayans Brother-Marlon's character had to audition for a film and was stoned when he did it. I think that scene was the reason someone from that film wanted him.

He got the role. A role that got in way of another movie he was doing-Dungeon & Dragons. I want to say for Requiem for a Dream-a lot of the stuff you saw of him in that film was done in one take because he had to go finish Dungeon & Dragons.

And don't forget Marlon Wayans was suppose to Robin in Batman Returns & Forever. He was paid for both and there was a suit made for him.
    Batman would have helped his career massively.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Batman would have helped his career massively.
    An early draft of batman Returns had the scene he would have been in.

I have never seen the movie so correct me if this was in the film. There was some chase seen into a scrap yard by Batman & Penguin's goons.

Marlon is working on a car there and eventually helps Batman. Batman is about to ask him his name when Marlon pulls a Batman disappearing act. Batman drives off and we see Marlon gong back to work. You would notice a R on his outfit that was in Robin's colors.

Now he says there was a costume made. I wonder how far did they get in that before writing him out.

Retired

With one big exception, I get a lot more joy from the White Album than Sgt. Pepper's. Listening to each album (as I've been doing), I realized this. Sgt. Pepper's is interesting with all its experiments, but for pure good songs to listen to, I have to go with the double white. Also on the double white, Paul, George and Ringo seem to be having a good time--John not so much.

If I hear one more company come out with an ad that says we are not in in the ________ Business we are in the people business I am going to lose my freaking mind.

I mean it is nice that some companies are letting people put off payments. But they are not doing that to help people. If they were they would not be making such a big deal on ads about how caring and helpful they are. These companies know they are going to get their money in the long run. But by making these ads they are trying to attract new costumers by being the goodwill people.

My aunt got a car about six months ago. Her car company is letting people put off payments. I think man thats great. But it turns out it is only good for people who bought a care in the last 60 days or for people who want to buy a new car now. No help for older costumers.

They did tell her she could miss April's payment but there would be a 15 percent late fee. And if April's payment with late fee is not made in May along with May's payment they could take the care. Thank god they are in the people business.

I know a company cant have everyone not making payments but if they were really the good will people they would work with her but they are not.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-09-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    With one big exception, I get a lot more joy from the White Album than Sgt. Pepper's. Listening to each album (as I've been doing), I realized this. Sgt. Pepper's is interesting with all its experiments, but for pure good songs to listen to, I have to go with the double white. Also on the double white, Paul, George and Ringo seem to be having a good time--John not so much.
    Which is the big exception?

Not sure which of those two albums I prefer, they are quite different projects conceptually. I probably prefer Rubber Soul to both of them though.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Which is the big exception?

Not sure which of those two albums I prefer, they are quite different projects conceptually. I probably prefer Rubber Soul to both of them though.
    I would guess it's Revolution #9, which was a Yoko art experiment. Very few don't skip it to get to Ringo's "Goodnight".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would guess it's Revolution #9, which was a Yoko art experiment. Very few don't skip it to get to Ringo's "Goodnight".
    I give it a listen the first time I play the whole album (but it's background noise while I find other things to do), but when I go back to hear the album again, I always skip it. The thing that's most egregious is it's over eight minutes long--they could have put three more Beatles songs on the album, with John, Paul, George and Ringo actually singing and playing their instruments. Makes me so angry. But it's a double album, so the other extra content compensates for that (somewhat).

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Oh yeah. My personal head cannon is sometimes spotty with the track listing on those final Beatles albums. For some daft reason I often associate Revolution #9 with Let It Be.

It been quite some time since I listened to The White Album all the way through. I'll have to rectify that in the very near future.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Mr. Robot is better than Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Mr. Robot is better than Breaking Bad.
    This might be reason to star watching Mr. Robot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This might be reason to star watching Mr. Robot.
    Third Party Opinion That Isn't Leaning Either Way...

The really good thing about Mr. Robot is that it is a "Take It Or Leave It..." proposition to a degree that you won't have to put too much time into either getting into it of just throwing your hands up and scrapping any attempt to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Third Party Opinion That Isn't Leaning Either Way...

The really good thing about Mr. Robot is that it is a "Take It Or Leave It..." proposition to a degree that you won't have to put too much time into either getting into it of just throwing your hands up and scrapping any attempt to watch it.
    That's probably fair . . . as long as you're not giving up on the show because the goals of the protagonist and his companions come off naive. (You need to let the show deepen in that case.)

You'd also miss out on seeing BD Wong's performance. (It's criminal he didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    That's probably fair . . . as long as you're not giving up on the show because the goals of the protagonist and his companions come off naive. (You need to let the show deepen in that case.)

You'd also miss out on seeing BD Wong's performance. (It's criminal he didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe for it.)
    Better than his singing "Hard Candy Christmas" with The Skivvies?

Seriously, Netflix does not have it so I must look elsewhere.

I did not care for the Christopher Reeves Superman films. I found part one to be very boring. It almost turned me off of superman
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Better than his singing "Hard Candy Christmas" with The Skivvies?

Seriously, Netflix does not have it so I must look elsewhere.
    The first three seasons are on Amazon Prime (which is about the most ironic place the show could be streaming. )

You'd have go to the USA Network website or use On Demand (assuming you have cable/satellite) for the fourth season.

Or wait a few months I guess.