Page 21 of 441 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

I know WestPhillyPunisher!

We used to call him "our guru" in The Doom Appreciation Thread... lol!

In fact Hickman is the one who got me back to Marvel, at the end of his FF run. I came back to comics a few years before, but I was only interested by the Mignolaverse...

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I never understood the fawning appeal fanboys had for one time Marvel writer Jonathan Hickman. Don't ask me why, but I never liked his work and just couldn't read his stuff, no matter how hard I tried.
    Agreed, his FF run was just a convoluted mess.

BANNED

I never understood the fawning appeal fanboys had for one time Marvel writer Jonathan Hickman. Don't ask me why, but I never liked his work and just couldn't read his stuff, no matter how hard I tried.
    I only know him from East Of West, which I liked a lot.

The only Marvel Hickman I've read is Secret Warriors, which was decent.

His stuff at Image is much better though. Nightly News, Red Wing and The Manhattan Projects are all great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Agreed, his FF run was just a convoluted mess.
    FF was kind of fun, didn't care so much for his Fantastic Four, though the art looked very nice most of the time.

I really like Hickman. I would prefer that, in the future, he concentrate on only one or two projects at a time.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I honestly believe that as experiments go the United States may be a failure. I think we all may be better off dividing the U. S. into two separate nations, each with it's own government founded on either the Democratic or Republican ideals. In the long run it may be better for all of our citizens if we split off and let everyone decide which nation they want to be a part of.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Hickman is great. That said, I think that having him take a corner(Secret Warriors...Fantastic Four/FF...The "Ultimate" universe) tends to work the best.

Non-comics opinions:

Being an organ donor shouldn't be opt-in or even opt-out. It should just be compulsory. If someone needs your organs after you've died, then they need them more than you do.

Likewise, vaccinations should be compulsory. You do it for everyone's safety, not just your own.

Every adult of sound mind (and possibly not of sound mind) should have a vote, regardless of whether you have been or are currently in prison. That right is too important to be able to be taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Non-comics opinions:

Being an organ donor shouldn't be opt-in or even opt-out. It should just be compulsory. If someone needs your organs after you've died, then they need them more than you do.

Likewise, vaccinations should be compulsory. You do it for everyone's safety, not just your own.

Every adult of sound mind (and possibly not of sound mind) should have a vote, regardless of whether you have been or are currently in prison. That right is too important to be able to be taken away.
    - Since the USA is a majority Christian nation then the only true form of Christianity-Presbyterian should be heavily suggested on the masses. All other heathens can go further up north or south, your preference. Catholics are to be immediately fired from cannons into the cargo holds of ships headed to France.

- If you cant afford health insurance then please die quickly & God bless.

- Voting eligibility laws should have a salary minimum of $200k+. If your family hasn't found a way to enrich yourselves then obviously you don't know what your doing in a voting booth. See? *

- The minimum wage & child labor laws our outdated, quaint notions that need to reflect the values of todays, eager competitive-minded millennials. Don't neuter the Free Market with your infantile Liberal propaganda.

*ADDENDUM*
    * All children of parents under the $200k threshold will be mandated to enter military service to prove allegiance & fealty to his holiness President/Emperor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    - The minimum wage & child labor laws our outdated, quaint notions that need to reflect the values of todays, eager competitive-minded millennials.
    Downgrading child labor laws happened last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Downgrading child labor laws happened last year...
    So it is Written...So shall it Be!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I never understood the mad fandom for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The original movie was goofy and forgettable, and I just couldn't get into the TV show, I only watched a handful of episodes in the show's first season before I decided it was a waste of my time and dropped it. I just don't see why the show was so popular.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I never understood the mad fandom for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The original movie was goofy and forgettable, and I just couldn't get into the TV show, I only watched a handful of episodes in the show's first season before I decided it was a waste of my time and dropped it. I just don't see why the show was so popular.
    From my perspective as a fan, a lot of it is due to the mix of multiple genres. There's horror, drama, comedy, romance, and action, and it often changes moods at the drop of a hat in one single scene.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

That's because it only became really Buffy in the first season finale and the second season.