Page 243 of 440 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 6586
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's disappointing that some folks are already sniping and pointing fingers at each other over who deserves credit for Biden's election and who didn't fall in line quick enough. To be arguing over who are the "real heroes" of the election when the guy hasn't even assumed office yet, let alone fixed anything, is shockingly near-sighted.
    Honestly I have no faith in the Democratic Party. As a whole, they just want to be the loyal opposition and nothing else.

Darkstalkers has the best take on classic monsters by far. Look at Lord Raptor/Zabel. He's a rock-and-roll zombie. Why can't zombies be cool like that?
    Or Demitri Maximoff. He's a cassonova vampire and an expert martial artist. Other than Dio Brando and Dracula he's the coolest vampire around.
    How is it that a fighting game series that has been dead for years did more to make monsters like that cool and interesting than just about anything else around?
    It would be cool to see a series where there's a world/dimension of monsters and with all the culture, political intrigue, and history that can entail. That series had so much potential for that and I don't think I've see anything else like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Honestly I have no faith in the Democratic Party. As a whole, they just want to be the loyal opposition and nothing else.
    Except they did more in the 2 years they had control from 2008 to 2010 than the Republicans did in 20 years. So not really nothing else.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Darkstalkers has the best take on classic monsters by far. Look at Lord Raptor/Zabel. He's a rock-and-roll zombie. Why can't zombies be cool like that?
    Or Demitri Maximoff. He's a cassonova vampire and an expert martial artist. Other than Dio Brando and Dracula he's the coolest vampire around.
    How is it that a fighting game series that has been dead for years did more to make monsters like that cool and interesting than just about anything else around?
    It would be cool to see a series where there's a world/dimension of monsters and with all the culture, political intrigue, and history that can entail. That series had so much potential for that and I don't think I've see anything else like it.
    I do like Darkstalkers but I'd say Castlevania and Hellboy have them beat or at least provide some stiff competition.

Darkstalkers also falls into the common problem of having some of the male monsters be hideous while keeping the female ones cute or sexy. I imagine Morrigan and Felicia play a big role in why that game is seen as nothing more than glorified spank material instead of a serious monster franchise.

I see many people instantly view Joe Biden as the hope and savior of the nation after winning the presidential seat. Please don't rush in praising him this much, wait for results in his (first) term to tell if he is indeed a great choice to be in charge of a nation.

I can say that he's making some right choices in the words he chose to use in his acceptance speech, and the decision to work on and provide free COVID-19 vaccines is a very good choice right now. I do feel like I should recommend being patient and cautious though in this duration and pray to Allah that it's a successful and good investment, it might cause another economical recess, but if everyone play their part right such a crisis will pass sooner.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

There are few people in the world worse than fans who throw a bitch fit over something then when disagreed with go "it's just fiction, no big deal" while pretending they didn't start with the same histrionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    pray to Allah that it's a successful and good investment, it might cause another economical recess, but if everyone play their part right such a crisis will pass sooner.
    You can't have economic health without public health first.

Invincible Member

I haven't watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, but someone pointed out that it's set in the early 60's yet there's a spinner rack with comics from the 80's.

Invincible Member

So...if we add minority or LGBT characters to a video game it's forcing politics onto entertainment, but if we name our game COLD WAR and have Ronald g*dd*mn Reagan in the trailer it's not?!

So...if we add minority or LGBT characters to a video game it's forcing politics onto entertainment, but if we name our game COLD WAR and have Ronald g*dd*mn Reagan in the trailer it's not?!
    For these people, whether or not politics are "forced" depends on if they agree or disagree with the politics in question.

You know, while I have definitely played an action/shooter type video game or two in my time, watching a trailer for Cold War that ends with a teaser of an upcoming game in a modern setting really is pretty sobering. I have somehow never played a Call of Duty game, but this honestly seems like it would really be more problematic than GTA ever could be, as far as potentially warping the minds of youth.

Last edited by Adam Allen; 12-07-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I do like Darkstalkers but I'd say Castlevania and Hellboy have them beat or at least provide some stiff competition.

Darkstalkers also falls into the common problem of having some of the male monsters be hideous while keeping the female ones cute or sexy. I imagine Morrigan and Felicia play a big role in why that game is seen as nothing more than glorified spank material instead of a serious monster franchise.
    Never knew that people saw Darkstalkers as spank material but then again there's Rule 34 of everything these days even in ways that I just don't understand.

I'll give you Hellboy though Castlevania I liked more for how the games were than the lore.

Never knew that people saw Darkstalkers as spank material but then again there's Rule 34 of everything these days even in ways that I just don't understand.

I'll give you Hellboy though Castlevania I liked more for how the games were than the lore.
    With a cat girl and a succubus I can't imagine an alternate universe where Darkstalkers didn't become spank material. All it needs is the addition of a tan girl and a sliver haired albino in order to hit all the major fetishes for weebs.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 12-07-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    You know, while I have definitely played an action/shooter type video game or two in my time, watching a trailer for Cold War that ends with a teaser of an upcoming game in a modern setting really is pretty sobering. I have somehow never played a Call of Duty game, but this honestly seems like it would really be more problematic than GTA ever could be, as far as potentially warping the minds of youth.

How so exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How so exactly?
    The criticism with GTA was that it would inspire kids to be violent, like in the games. But of the two GTA games I have played and liked, Vice City had a very cartoonish feel to it, and San Andreas such a fantastical or unlikely adventurous feel -- I recall a reviewer saying CJ seemed ultimately more like a Bond-type super-spy than anything else, and I'd agree -- that for any teenager at least, they should seem clearly not real or something one could possibly try to emulate in real life.

Now again, I haven't played any CoD games, but this trailer looks much more realistic than GTA. The trailer at least contains real life footage of our real world, and apparently they have a pretty realistic-looking Ronald Reagan to task you with going out to kill the commies, I guess? Looks as though you get to play at war through Vietnam, the 80s, and up to the modern era.

Kids are impressionable. When I was in the military, long ago granted, there were people who'd enlisted because they were impressed with how cool somebody like Rambo made it all look. And this trailer really just struck me as seeming almost propaganda to feed the real world war machine. I even recall a 17 year old I worked with like a year and a half ago, who was like 6 months from turning 18 and trying to figure out what he should do with his life, who talked about joining so he could go into special ops, because he'd just read some book about a sniper, and of course had already grown up in our gun-happy culture.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine