Page 247 of 441 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 6609

Exclamation

1. Comics should not be conflated with superheroes.

2. Fifties Atlas comics are more interesting than sixties Marvel superhero comics.

3. Marvel zombies are annoying people.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    American gridiron football is boring.

2. Fifties Atlas comics are more interesting than sixties Marvel superhero comics.

I'm waiting for the part where you get controversial.

Seriously, I've been reading Marvel from the early 1950s forward, and just read FF#1. IMO, the stories didn't change all that much, it's just that the protagonists were given better tools to fight back with. Other than that, I'm onboard with all you said.

As an aside, one thing that's really astonished me was how much more patronizing of women Marvel of the 1950s was compared to DC of the same era. Yes, Lois Lane was getting humiliated monthly (about 3-4 times a month across different titles, including her own). However, if you look at The Sea Devils' Judy Walton, Time Masters' Bonnie Baxter, or The Challengers of the Unknown's June Robbins, they all get treated with a good deal more respect than Invisible Girl, Marvel Girl, or the Wasp would achieve for more than a decade. The same was true of the women portrayed in most of Marvel's pre-FF titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm waiting for the part where you get controversial.
    I've only just begun.

Boisterously Confused

I've only just begun.

I disagree with hepcat on a different issue, but I was a jerk in this response.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-17-2020 at 04:04 PM.

1. No they shouldn't

2. For you, since you apparently hate superheroes.

3. Are they a thing anymore?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    3. Are they a thing anymore?
    They will, sadly, always be a thing because people love zombies for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They will, sadly, always be a thing because people love zombies for whatever reason.
    Was Hepcat talking about die hard Marvel fans or the superheroes turned zombies comic books?

I thought it was the former.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Exclamation

No. You're done.

Huh?! Who the hell are you to say? I'll decide when I'm "done".

I've looked at your other posts. You need to join your brethren on Parler.
    I don't know Parler. I take it that it's not a comic message board.

Having done a Google Search these I see are the first two lines:

Quote Originally Posted by Parler
    Parler is an unbiased social media focused on real user experiences and engagement. Free expression without violence and no censorship.
    While "Free expression without violence and no censorship" sounds good to me, I don't join boards primarily focused on politics. They'd end up being far too time consuming. You know, dealing with asinine comments such as "No. You're done."

But hopefully you're not opposed to the free expression of opinions that may conflict with your own on this board. Me I certainly don't seek out boards where other posters agree with me politically or otherwise. That wouldn't make sense.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 12-17-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Huh?! Who the hell are you to say? I'll decide when I'm "done".

I don't know Parler. I take it that it's not a comic message board.

Having done a Google Search these I see are the first two lines:

While "Free expression without violence and no censorship" sounds good to me, I don't join boards primarily focused on politics. They'd end up being far too time consuming. You know, dealing with asinine comments such as "No. You're done."

But hopefully you're not opposed to the free expression of opinions that may conflict with your own on this board. Me I certainly don't seek out boards where other posters agree with me politically or otherwise. That wouldn't make sense.
    Yep. You're right. Still disagree with you.

Huh?! So you still disagree with people when they're right?

"That government governs best that governs least."

Boisterously Confused

Huh?! So you still disagree with people when they're right?

You're right about the way I addressed it. Your position on the topic of 2016 v. 2020 vote reactions is still about as wrong as pineapple on pizza.

Exclamation

Hmmmm. I see a very real problem when it comes to posting on this board. I have a lot of comics and other collectibles but I see I'm limited to three images per post. That seriously cramps my posting style:

Let's see how pictures turn out anyway. Here are three shots from my collectibles room:

Hmmmmm. Well at least they're close to full size.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 12-17-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    "That government governs best that governs least."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They were, especially in England. And that was John's larger point. That religion at the time wasn't as important to kids as popular culture.
    So the question now is why did people say it was a mistake for them to claim that they were more popular than Jesus if it was true?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So the question now is why did people say it was a mistake for them to claim that they were more popular than Jesus if it was true?
    Because we had Christian wackos then as we do now, and they just heard it as John boasting that they were "bigger than Jesus". They are ready to take anything as an insult to their religion. So of course they went out and burned Beatle records.

Hmmmm. I see a very real problem when it comes to posting on this board. I have a lot of comics and other collectibles but I see I'm limited to three images per post. That seriously cramps my posting style:

Let's see how pictures turn out anyway. Here are three shots from my collectibles room:

Hmmmmm. Well at least they're close to full size.
    People just post successive post with more pics when they do more than three. Two or even three posts in a row is usually okay here. As long as it's not overused.

Cool model collection. Are they all unbuilt in the box?