Page 275 of 440 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 6586

I mentioned this to my brother. Growing up in the 60s-70s, we frequently hung out at the Mall, and that is something kids did through the early 00s. But with social media and online shopping, the Malls started to die. I asked my Brother where his kids hang out. He said they go to each other's homes and sit around staring at their phones texting. Even when together, they don't personally interact. I think there will be a big personality change to this generations, and not for the better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think there will be a big personality change to this generations, and not for the better.
    I think it could be immeasurably better. I mean, history has shown how bad it can get. Something new will be different, and older folks like me will not adjust well, but I suspect the people who are living the experience will work it out, and it's hard to imagine they will work out something worse than their parents experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think it could be immeasurably better. I mean, history has shown how bad it can get. Something new will be different, and older folks like me will not adjust well, but I suspect the people who are living the experience will work it out, and it's hard to imagine they will work out something worse than their parents experienced.
    The urgency I see in texting and the withdrawal from not responding immediately looks an awful lot like addiction to me. And there ample psychological studies that show the removing physical interaction in people is deleterious. I don't think that when the majority of people's interaction in through their phones will end up being a healthy development.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-15-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

The urgency I see in texting and the withdrawal from not responding immediately looks an awful lot like addiction to me. And there amble psychological studies that show the removing physical interaction in people is deleterious. I don't think that when the majority of people's interaction in through their phones will end up being a healthy development.
    Urgency and emotional angst are not unique to texting among teens and early adults.

Urgency and emotional angst are not unique to texting among teens and early adults.
    Doesn't mean that being addicted to phones doesn't feed into it and make it worse. I remember when everybody who had a Blackberry referred to it as a crackberry because they were constantly looking at it, couldn't put it away. Now that behavior is the norm. And accepted as such. I just don't think it is healthy in the end.

And one more "Get off my lawn" observation. How on Earth did we get to the point where we are handing teenagers technology devices that cost $1000? This is insane. Teen agers and responsibility don't go together.

BANNED

Doesn't mean that being addicted to phones doesn't feed into it and make it worse. I remember when everybody who had a Blackberry referred to it as a crackberry because they were constantly looking at it, couldn't put it away. Now that behavior is the norm. And accepted as such. I just don't think it is healthy in the end.

And one more "Get off my lawn" observation. How on Earth did we get to the point where we are handing teenagers technology devices that cost $1000? This is insane. Teen agers and responsibility don't go together.
    I wouldn't comment on the $1000 devices (no one I know gives their teen that valuable a device), but I would say that after 20 years it doesn't seem like anyone is blaming the world's problems on crackberries

I wouldn't comment on the $1000 devices (no one I know gives their teen that valuable a device), but I would say that after 20 years it doesn't seem like anyone is blaming the world's problems on crackberries
    Not the point, but okay.

BANNED

Not the point, but okay.
    Pretty much was the point you made, but okay.

Load and Reload were two of the best albums of the '90s.

Pretty much was the point you made, but okay.
    Did I really say this was the cause of the world's problems? Really? Is that what I said? Or that being constantly hooked to a phone might not be a good thing for those that grow up doing that?
    If something isn't the cause of all the world's problems, than it isn't bad, I guess that is what you are saying. Amiright?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Load and Reload were two of the best albums of the '90s.
    Excuse me while I whip this out!

New Miserable Experience - Gin Blossoms. Mike Drop!

Edit - Bat Out of Hell 2 would also fit here!
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-15-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And Death Magnetic, of course.

Astonishing Member

I really don't like Trickster archetypes anymore. They come off too much like mental abusers now.

Jerry from Tom & Jerry is particularly infamous for me.

Ultimate Member

I know what phone you are talking about.

I would suspect those parents traded in the old phone for the new one. If they were offered the same deal that I was that phone ended up only being $600 after all credits and stuff was done.

Other wise no parent who really loves their kid would do that. A phone like that has too many features that honestly a kid would not need.

The whole point of music for me is that I believe it should make you feel something when you listen to it. If you feel anger, sadness, or joy at the end of the song you know it was good and the artist did their job.
    Some artists take themselves way to seriously. They think they are next to god because they recorded an album. That their music is the purest form that reinvented music.

Some artists dont feel that way. They just want you to enjoy their music. Take people like Weird Al or Little Big just want to make people smile. They know their music is goofy. They do work hard at it Weird Al may be one of the hardest working people in music just by the sheer amount of what he has and does do. but they dont take themselves as the biggest thing in music. They know it is silly and fun and makes people smile.

So to me artists like Weird Al and little Big are truly the purest artists out there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.