Page 299 of 440 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Other people are usually the cause of all of life’s problems, but only sometimes are they the solution to problems.
    Ah well, other people are also the source of most of the good things in life so here you go, but you can still go live in the woods and see how much of a good company bears are.

I never said anything about alcoholics and depressed people, that was someone else's example, but fine, let's discuss them. Alcoholics chose the wrong vise, but it's likely that it was the other people in their lives that drove them there. So, alcoholism is a new problem that they have, but there are underlying issues at play there.

Depressed people. Here Kirby made my argument for me, "just think happier thoughts" isn't valid, which means it's not within their power to solve this problem. They have a very strong case for being able to blame others and it being valid. There are people in their lives who are not helping them and making their lives worse through no fault of their own. They're a good example of what I am talking about here.

You say "a lot of peoples problems". Hard disagree. However, as this discussion has shown, it depends on which problems we are referring to, since most people have multiple different and complex problems.
    I know you didnt bring up drinking but I was using it as an example of people who blame other things for their problems.

There are underling issues that cause people to drink. There are also loads of ways for people to get help with that problem. There are programs some good free ones like AA. There are aa meeting people much everywhere and a lot of the members will help get you to the meetings if the person cant drive etc... So a person who claims to have a drinking problem but does nothing to solve it it no longer becomes a drinking problem it is a problem with the person themselves.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ah well, other people are also the source of most of the good things in life so here you go, but you can still go live in the woods and see how much of a good company bears are.
    Bears? Seems like somebody forgot domesticated pets already exist in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There are underling issues that cause people to drink. There are also loads of ways for people to get help with that problem. There are programs some good free ones like AA.
    Again, alcohol abuse is a problem in and of itself. It's this problem that AA addresses. AA does nothing for, and really is not equipped, to address the underlying issues. Which are probably other people and/or caused by other people. It seems to my like people are driven to drink because it's the only thing they can do. If that is their only answer, then the problem must be another person because you can't change other people or how they affect you.
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-23-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Bears? Seems like somebody forgot domesticated pets already exist in spades.

Again, alcohol abuse is a problem in and of itself. It's this problem that AA addresses. AA does nothing for, and really is not equipped, to address the underlying issues. Which are probably other people and/or caused by other people. It seems to my like people are driven to drink because it's the only thing they can do. If that is their only answer, then the problem must be another person because you can't change other people or how they affect you.
    We are adults with free will. If a person drinks because of how they react to another person to deal with it that is still on the drinker and not the person. The drinker is just using that person as an excuse to do something and not take any responsibility for it.

i dont want to bog down the thread. We have stated our views. I understand your just disagree.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If I had the chance to hang with Yogi I would not pass on that.

We are adults with free will. If a person drinks because of how they react to another person to deal with it that is still on the drinker and not the person. The drinker is just using that person as an excuse to do something and not take any responsibility for it.
    The problem here is you're really harping on the alcoholism thing, when I already said that wasn't even my example. Honestly we really agree on this point you just keep rephrasing it.

The problem here is you're really harping on the alcoholism thing, when I already said that wasn't even my example. Honestly we really agree on this point you just keep rephrasing it.
    Oaky taking away the drinking. A lot of problems are still self made. Giver examples of problems that are someone's else's fault and not the fault of the person. You said you didnt bring up drinking and depression. You are right you did not. So what are other examples? I dont mean like government caused problems. I mean personal problems.

I honestly feel like it's most problems involving two or more people. The first thing that comes to mind is bullying and gossip. Which may be what I'm talking about in the extreme, but it's the most illustrative. In its simplest form, any disagreement that causes strain on a relationship can be boiled down to one person using an inappropriate tone or responding in the wrong way. You can say many problems are self-made, but the majority of problems are someone else's fault. Most people are just minding their own business. You hear the common thought experiment "nobody leaves their house in the morning hoping to get into a fight". Also, I don't mean government problems either, those are a necessity.

I honestly feel like it's most problems involving two or more people. The first thing that comes to mind is bullying and gossip. Which may be what I'm talking about in the extreme, but it's the most illustrative. In its simplest form, any disagreement that causes strain on a relationship can be boiled down to one person using an inappropriate tone or responding in the wrong way.
    I agree with bullying and gossip. It is hard to escape no a days. When I was a kid a person could go home and get away from the school bully. Not with social media and such bullying is a 24/7 activity. And the only time officals seem to speak out about it is when it is too late. IE a suicide attempt or a video on the news etc...

If I had the chance to hang with Yogi I would not pass on that.
    Amen to that.

I agree with bullying and gossip. It is hard to escape no a days.
    Right, but that extends elsewhere too. Such as people not doing as much work as you in the workplace.

I see the type of problems you mean.
    But even there, how you respond can affect the problem as much as the person doing it.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-23-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Right, but that extends elsewhere too. Such as people not doing as much work as you in the workplace.
    People slacking at work is something you are going to encounter quite a lot during your carreer i'm afraid. Better get used to it.

Mayo on fishsticks is so good that I really do believe that is what God eats in Heaven when he is too lazy to cook a big meal.

Mayo on fishsticks is so good that I really do believe that is what God eats in Heaven when he is too lazy to cook a big meal.
    Is that what you are having right now?