Page 300 of 440 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6587

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Is that what you are having right now?
    Yep. it is a cloudy cold day and I have a headache. Not cooking tonight. Something easy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yep. it is a cloudy cold day and I have a headache. Not cooking tonight. Something easy.
    Bon appetit.

And yes, not sure about god's opinion of the subject but it's so damn delicious.

Retired

I'm a sucker for these videos on youtube where they take old films and they increase the frame rate (usually with added colorization). Somehow this motion smoothing makes everything look immediate and alive. But I'm wondering if that's really true. Maybe I've just learned to see that kind of smoothing--like in videos for live events and soap operas--as being in reality--and I make an association of regular film (with a lower frame rate) as not "real." But it's just a trick of the mind. After all, there are lots of other cues that should tell my brain this is not real--it's an image on a screen in two dimensions.

Have you seen Peter Jackson's The Shall Not Grow Old?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I see the type of problems you mean.
    But even there, how you respond can affect the problem as much as the person doing it.
    Key word there. Sure it can do something, but there's no guarantee. Not only that, but if someone else is causing you a problem, it's unfair to expect you to be the one to fix it, if you're happy with the situation as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    People slacking at work is something you are going to encounter quite a lot during your carreer i'm afraid. Better get used to it.
    Again, taking one example too far here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Key word there. Sure it can do something, but there's no guarantee. Not only that, but if someone else is causing you a problem, it's unfair to expect you to be the one to fix it, if you're happy with the situation as is.
    I don't think so, cause you, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We are adults with free will. If a person drinks because of how they react to another person to deal with it that is still on the drinker and not the person. The drinker is just using that person as an excuse to do something and not take any responsibility for it.

There is no free will, but we must live our lives as if there is.

I don't think so, cause you, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
    I mean, you and I can meet someone, dislike them, and never see them again. And my guess is, all of us will be just fine, but, as someone else correctly pointed out earlier, life gets pretty boring without others in it. Just a shame people can be so unworthy of friendship, for lack of a better term.

I mean, you and I can meet someone, dislike them, and never see them again. And my guess is, all of us will be just fine, but, as someone else correctly pointed out earlier, life gets pretty boring without others in it. Just a shame people can be so unworthy of friendship, for lack of a better term.
    Do you think most people are unworthy of friendship?

Amazing Member

Movies are better than comics

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Movies are better than comics
    My mother told me there were odd people on the Interwebs!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Do you think most people are unworthy of friendship?
    If they're not, then they definitely come off as such.

Why do you say that? I mean no offense, but that statement sounds like something I would have said when I was an edgy 14 year old.

Nothing is better than comics.

This looks like more of a you problem then a they problem. Not to read to much into it.