Page 308 of 441 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 6601

I guess what I'm saying is seeing those movies and movies like American Pie get glorified is just astonishing when far, far better films exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is seeing those movies and movies like American Pie get glorified is just astonishing when far, far better films exist.
    There's a reason certain films get referred to as lightning in a bottle - sometimes they come out at just the right time, but studios never seem to be able to able to create them on demand, as much as they keep trying.
    Dark does not mean deep.

To be fair I have never seen any one Glorify a Rob S movie. But I do get what you are saying. I do not get how American Pie was so crazy popular. I mean I liked it it gave me some good laughs but I do not think it is as great as people make it out to be. I feel the same about The matrix and Titanic.

And when it comes to High Schoolers trying to get laid and the wacky antics and fallout from it I would put Porkys 1 as the best of the best no question cant do it better in that area.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I guess what I'm saying is that whole genre just doesn't even need to exist. I'd rather see a billion more baseball films get made and the Earth would be the better for it.

I guess what I'm saying is that whole genre just doesn't even need to exist. I'd rather see a billion more baseball films get made and the Earth would be the better for it.
    A lot of those movies made money though. So there is a market for them. I am not big on them but I dont want to deprive the lowest common denominator their entertainment.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

People might argue that tricking unintelligent people out of their money is immoral.

People might argue that tricking unintelligent people out of their money is immoral.
    Tricking anybody out of money is unethical, immoral and often illegal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

I have no interest in another "American (fill-in-the-blank)" movie, and also zero interest in another baseball movie. But I don't assume my tastes are the pinnacle of human taste and anybody who fails to like the things I do are morons being tricked out of their ticket money. Different strokes. We all like different things, and a lot of times the things we like could be (fairly or not) judged harshly by others. For one example, this is a comic book message board. Chances are good if you're here you're into superheroes. That's generally some low-brow, cartoony stuff. I love the heck out of it, but I don't blame someone if they turn their nose up at it (especially the movies).

Thats all Hollywood is about!

Besides enjoying dumb Comedy doesnt make a person unintelligent. I enjoy Abbott and Costello. That is not a high point of Intelligent comedy and yet I am a pretty smart guy

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Abbott and Costello is great craftsmanship.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Abbott and Costello is great craftsmanship.
    But not to everyone. I know several people who rank them as low as The Three Stooges. So as the thread talked about before it is all subjective. I know you dont like movies like American Pie and the Rob S movies. but there is a market for those kinds of things.

I thought Pacific Rim was a good American kaiju movie.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    But not to everyone. I know several people who rank them as low as The Three Stooges...
    You like to live dangerously don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    You like to live dangerously don't you?
    What can I say? I like the wrong crowd!

I thought Pacific Rim was a good American kaiju movie.
    Not me, I thought it was a GREAT American Kaiju movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!