Page 32 of 441 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    There are times when I feel embarrassed after participating in a passionate debate over something as superfluous as comic books.
    Especially the this character can kick that character's ass wah wah wah yada yada no he can't cuz I have a shit load of feats, stats, charts, data, surveys, studies kind of arguments. Yeah.
    Last edited by Red Wolf; 08-05-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

There are times when I feel embarrassed after participating in a passionate debate over something as superfluous as comic books.
    Which is why I rarely visit the comic book threads here at CBR.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Oh God, yeah. On a personal level it's reduced my contributions to the DC Comics board to practically zero. It's not worth trying to engage with a certain type of comic-book fan.

There's one recent thread on there that descended into pure parody at times as it was so riddled with 'Wah! DC hates my favourite character' throwing-your-dummy-out nonsense. Some of the posts were highly amusing they were so ridiculous. Not worth engaging with though.

Invincible Member

I saw the redhead woman from the Viberzi ads in a different commercial and she has blonde hair. She looks like a younger Kelly Ann Conway.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Oh God, yeah. On a personal level it's reduced my contributions to the DC Comics board to practically zero. It's not worth trying to engage with a certain type of comic-book fan.

There's one recent thread on there that descended into pure parody at times as it was so riddled with 'Wah! DC hates my favourite character' throwing-your-dummy-out nonsense. Some of the posts were highly amusing they were so ridiculous. Not worth engaging with though.
    Mr. Morgan, you have permission to tie a millstone around my waist and hurl my ass into the sea if I should display such madness.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Which is why I rarely visit the comic book threads here at CBR.
    I always did respect your ability to pick and choose your engagements.

While I wasn't aware of this until recently, I believe that I enjoy the FX version of The Strain is controversial?

I always did respect your ability to pick and choose your engagements.
    Well, most of those threads border between silly, infantile and moronic. The thing is, thirty or more years ago, I'd happily be all over those threads, but, since I'm pushing 60, and with little love for today's comics, I just can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I wasn't aware of this until recently, I believe that I enjoy the FX version of The Strain is controversial?
    I keep meaning to watch that show but haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I keep meaning to watch that show but haven't gotten around to it.
    Well, it is wrapping up this season. Shouldn't be to hard to catch up after the dust settles. As far as "What Is It?", I feel like it is an interesting combination of Blade 2(for obvious reasons) and the original version of V.

Anyways, I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, it is wrapping up this season. Shouldn't be to hard to catch up after the dust settles. As far as "What Is It?", I feel like it is an interesting combination of Blade 2(for obvious reasons) and the original version of V.

Anyways, I'm a fan.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out when I can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Married with Children is the best sitcom ever. It

Rap music has become awful.

You don't listen to rap music then with a comment like this. I can give you recommendations if you'd like.
    Last edited by Starchild; 08-07-2017 at 04:39 AM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    You don't listen to rap music then with a comment like this. I can give you recommendations if you'd like.
    Nope, he's right it has become awful. And what's left just isn't music that appeals to core hip-hop audiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Nope, he's right it has become awful. And what's left just isn't music that appeals to core hip-hop audiences.
    There's absolutely nothing right about what he said. I can tell when someone has no clue about what they're talking about. So i stand behind my comment 100%

Honestly hip-hop is at it's strongest right now. Quality projects have been dropping consistently year after year for quite some time now. If this was around 2004-2006 I'd agree with you and the other person but what you guys are saying is far from the truth. For every bad rapper i can give you 30 good ones without even blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I hear plenty already. What I hear isn't good.

BANNED

NAS was right.

(Hip-Hop is dead)