Page 327 of 440 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You looked at that list ans Eternal Sunshine is the only one you questioned?

So this is just a statistical gobbledy gook from IMBD. It's why so many recent movies make the list that have no right to be there. A Marriage Story? Really, one of the 100 best movies of all time? And Scorsese is there. But not Raging Bull or Goodfellas, it's The Irishman. So we can pretty much ignore this exercise in inanity and not wonder if Eternal Sunshine is considered one of the 100 best movies, it is not by any real assesmrnt.
    No way The Irishman is better then The Godfather. Even if one Insists upon itself!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Other Woman is the most boring movie I’ve ever had the displeasure of knowing about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind considered one of the greatest movies of all time? What am I missing here?
    The movie makes you forget about its best parts.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I see what you did there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    No way The Irishman is better then The Godfather. Even if one Insists upon itself!
    The Godfather is #1 on this list, but that was Coppola not Scorsese. He did Goodfellas, which did not insist upon itself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Godfather is #1 on this list, but that was Coppola not Scorsese. He did Goodfellas, which did not insist upon itself.
    Goodfellas was a great movie. i can watch that movie any time it is on! And no it does not insist upon itself
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Spielberg's West Side Story has been getting stellar reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It has those?

Retired

I have an aversion to all Jim Carrey movies, so I've put off watching ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND. My love for Kate Winslet and Charlie Kaufman is in a constant contest with my distaste for Carrey. I did get around to THE TRUMAN SHOW (a win for Laura Linney) so it's not impossible, just not likely.

The movies that contemporary audiences put on top ten lists are not the greatest of all time. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION is a movie that makes it onto a lot of lists. It's a very fine movie, with good actors and a good script--but out of the thousands of classic movies available, I can't really see it being in the top ten. I think this is because people are very resistant to digging too deep into film history. They're willing to go back a few decades and watch some Hollywood classics, but it's a struggle to get them to watch anything in black and white or with subtitles.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 12-09-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    . . . The movies that contemporary audiences put on top ten lists are not the greatest of all time. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION is a movie that makes it onto a lot of lists. It's a very fine movie, with good actors and a good script--but out of the thousands of classic movies available, I can't really see it being in the top ten. I think this is because people are very resistant to digging too deep into film history. They're willing to go back a few decades and watch some Hollywood classics, but it's a struggle to get them to watch anything in black and white or with subtitles.
    Count me in the group that "it's a struggle to get them to watch anything with subtitles". But as for older b&w movies, that's usually my preference.

The fact that mad Max Fury Road was on that list shows all that needs to be said.

Arguing about the appropriateness of an items existence on any "best of" list is exactly what the makers and publishers of a list want. Subjective rankings that get argued about keep the list's makers in people's minds. Obviously, some lists get more credibility than others based on who creates them, but for actual fact, none of them do that.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I think a solo Hades film could work quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think a solo Hades film could work quite well.
    Hades from where? Marvel? Greek mythology?

Mighty Member

Marvel Hades used to be Pluto (the Roman name). But he changed it back to Greek when the planet was demoted.